What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

Illusion

Bench
3. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
RTS in his 100th game for the Warriors put in a splendid performance. His running game was at its best, he was causing havoc in the middle and scored a good try.

2. Matthew Dufty
Dufty was the Dragons most creative and best attacking player, setting up both the Dragons tries with perfectly timed and selected passes. Safe at the back as usual too.

1. Tohu Harris
Harris made a number of half breaks and was proving to be very hard to get to the ground. Rock solid defence and a well timed run for the opening try.
This is from who ever writes the Scores segment on this forum .... Dufty 2 points ? "Safe at the back as usual too."

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Norman was never going to get an extension that was just gossip. He’s just not good enough.

After today unless he significantly lifts his game I don’t think Dufty will get extended other than as a bench utility.

Too many errors from Kerr, perhaps time to let Burns have a crack.

Surely now Williame gets dropped forever he’s rubbish.

Clune is our backup halfback he’s doing his best. Can’t blame him.

Moose played well I was happy with his first up effort.

Brought everyone back down to earth, but no judiciary chargers or injuries so let’s all move on.
Don’t be so sure on Norman, I think Hook really believes in him based on his constant praise in the media.
Kerr had a bad game but you’re not seriously going to drop him, he’s very important to our success.

TruSaint

Referee
Yes you weren't very nice to me and I wasn't even having a go at you. Remember I said something along the lines of Zac can take the blame for the lose. Well that was a sarcastic shot at those looking to lay blame. A Tru Dragon gives our team support after such a good start to the year. Sorry TruSaint.

I was out of line mate. Thus the apology.

jeffdragon

Bench
3. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
RTS in his 100th game for the Warriors put in a splendid performance. His running game was at its best, he was causing havoc in the middle and scored a good try.

2. Matthew Dufty
Dufty was the Dragons most creative and best attacking player, setting up both the Dragons tries with perfectly timed and selected passes. Safe at the back as usual too.

1. Tohu Harris
Harris made a number of half breaks and was proving to be very hard to get to the ground. Rock solid defence and a well timed run for the opening try.
This is from who ever writes the Scores segment on this forum .... Dufty 2 points ? "Safe at the back as usual too."
Safe he cost us a try again.
3 tries in 6 games.
Dropped a bomb when he didn't need to get involved leading to a offside penalty.

SGMax

Juniors
Trying to let this game slide but I have to have my say.

Where was the freeze frame shot of Dufty's grounding?
When they want to show downward pressure they always show the hand on the ball on the ground.

Warriors were allowed to slow our play the ball so many times without consequence.
I am sure they were offside for the first 2 or 3 tackles each set they defended.
Can't believe a couple of knock-ons from Warriors were called knock back.

I thought the Dragons didn't play so badly, just not as well as recent weeks and were a little flat.
With no errors from the opposition, we rarely had a good attacking set to score from.

Norman has been panned for his performance but I saw him trying hard and being involved in a lot of our plays.
Norman was targeted by the Warrior's defence and Clune was targeted by their attack.
Clune seemed to be very quiet and didn't do much apart for his kick through for Dufty's try.
Not a fan of short drop outs unless we are desperate for possession at the end of halves.

I also am not sold on Kerr as a 2nd rower, but he is doing a good job....would be better at prop.
Kerr's leg speed is great and he has the ability to get up and play the ball very fast.

Merrin is only effective off the bench once the opposition are a little fatigued.
Ellis looked quite good.
Maguire looked very good.

We missed Lawrie, although I was one of those that considered him a bench forward only.
He seems a little bigger, stronger, angrier this year and I like it.

I read that Dufty's comments about trying to be better than RTS were used as motivation by the Warriors.
I wish there wasn't so much yapping coming from the Dragons pregame. I didn't hear much from the Warrior's camp.

This game shows how a few 50/50 calls and a little bias can derail a team.

jeffdragon

Bench
Lack of bombs for lomax if wr kept doing it i think he would have scored a couple.
Now we have to get up for the game v chooks after yesterday.
Would love to have won yesterday.
And then see what happens v chooks
I have a feeling it will be btb losses.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Warrior were the better side but this game is another great example of how a ref can influence a game with the new rules. In the 1st half, he called 6 again most times for offside or laying on tackles which is fine if it is consistent all game. Second half in the last 10 mins especially when Warriors were the same if not worse than the Dragons in the 1st half, he let it all go. No wonder Saints players were gassed in the 2nd half. Warriors would have made more errors if they were pinned for 6 again as much as Saints were.

Saints ended up with around 40 tackles more than Warriors but Warriors had to make more in the back end of the game. Up until that point Saints would have had to have made around 60-70 tackles more.

Warriors were error free and Saints did well to stick with them which is a great results but again Dufty let us down with his errors that lead to tries. He really panics when the ball goes his way and does not look confident with not only the high ball but with the grubbers as well as really makes poor options. Being a good fullback is not about attack only, stopping tries is the bread and butter, scoring is a bonus, as you are the last line of defence. Something that RTS and Tedesco are absolute guns at and what sets them apart from the rest. Griffin should be spending the whole week on training Dufty on that and nothing else.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Griffin should also rethink the short dropout tactic. Yes blind Freddy should have known to go long when we were only two ahead but given the fact that we did it twice against Parramatta last week and once earlier in the game against the Warriors, tends to suggest that both Norman and our new coach are to blame.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Dufty rocks and diamonds again. Makes two mistakes, one leads directly to a try and another sees another try scored in the following set. Mind you he wasn’t the only one who made mistakes, Kerr dropped the ball cold two times when we were pressing in their quarter first or second tackle while Norman, Clune and Bird missed a number of tackles and this is a concern. So Dufty scored a brilliant try and set up another. He provided one directly to the Warriors and gave the Warriors the ball following a mistake which saw a try scored minutes later. What do we do? Supposedly he has scored 5 tries in six games and also has another 5 try assists. What Griffin might be able to do is work on trying to get him to recognise when he should jump for the ball or not. He was always going to drop that last bomb because he ran forward to jump above and across on rushing players. Watching it was like slow motion in that I was saying “NO!!!!!!” before he touched it. He will score tries for us and other sides all year. If the Fox figures are right he has had a hand in 10 tries for us and has made mistakes that have led to four tries for the opposition. Arrghh

Juniors
Griffin should also rethink the short dropout tactic. Yes blind Freddy should have known to go long when we were only two ahead but given the fact that we did it twice against Parramatta last week and once earlier in the game against the Warriors, tends to suggest that both Norman and our new coach are to blame.
I believe that the short kickoff/dropouts decisions are they players only. hook has come out[and stated that he is not a fan of it. I would guess that he would be pulling that decision after the weekend

Dragon David

First Grade
Warrior were the better side but this game is another great example of how a ref can influence a game with the new rules. In the 1st half, he called 6 again most times for offside or laying on tackles which is fine if it is consistent all game. Second half in the last 10 mins especially when Warriors were the same if not worse than the Dragons in the 1st half, he let it all go. No wonder Saints players were gassed in the 2nd half. Warriors would have made more errors if they were pinned for 6 again as much as Saints were.

Saints ended up with around 40 tackles more than Warriors but Warriors had to make more in the back end of the game. Up until that point Saints would have had to have made around 60-70 tackles more.

Warriors were error free and Saints did well to stick with them which is a great results but again Dufty let us down with his errors that lead to tries. He really panics when the ball goes his way and does not look confident with not only the high ball but with the grubbers as well as really makes poor options. Being a good fullback is not about attack only, stopping tries is the bread and butter, scoring is a bonus, as you are the last line of defence. Something that RTS and Tedesco are absolute guns at and what sets them apart from the rest. Griffin should be spending the whole week on training Dufty on that and nothing else.
The Warriors have become another team that we have difficulty winning against. There are teams that just love playing against other teams and win most of the time.

The Warriors did not have any handling issues as such and each week I keep hoping that we have the major share of possession and keep handling errors to the bare minimal, but alas, not to be.

The notion that the Warriors made no errors is B.S. They dropped a few shockers and every time the ref's found a reason to turn it into a penalty against the Dragons. Rorted :rage:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree there was inconsistency in the refereeing/bunker but that was not the whole story. Why the heck was the ball kicked to T.S all day. He is the best fullback in world league by a mile. Complete player.
Yes I had to wonder myself why we kicked to RTS so often...I cant remember any occassions when he had to go back or sideways etc...they were right down his bloody throat

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The Warriors have become another team that we have difficulty winning against. There are teams that just love playing against other teams and win most of the time.

The Warriors did not have any handling issues as such and each week I keep hoping that we have the major share of possession and keep handling errors to the bare minimal, but alas, not to be.
Yes David as I stated before the Warriors game we cant just keep giving teams cheap metres....did it against Knights and Eels to name a few....all teams are guilty at times but its becoming the norm with us now

BLM01

First Grade
Trying to let this game slide but I have to have my say.

Where was the freeze frame shot of Dufty's grounding?
When they want to show downward pressure they always show the hand on the ball on the ground.

Warriors were allowed to slow our play the ball so many times without consequence.
I am sure they were offside for the first 2 or 3 tackles each set they defended.
Can't believe a couple of knock-ons from Warriors were called knock back.

I thought the Dragons didn't play so badly, just not as well as recent weeks and were a little flat.
With no errors from the opposition, we rarely had a good attacking set to score from.

Norman has been panned for his performance but I saw him trying hard and being involved in a lot of our plays.
Norman was targeted by the Warrior's defence and Clune was targeted by their attack.
Clune seemed to be very quiet and didn't do much apart for his kick through for Dufty's try.
Not a fan of short drop outs unless we are desperate for possession at the end of halves.

I also am not sold on Kerr as a 2nd rower, but he is doing a good job....would be better at prop.
Kerr's leg speed is great and he has the ability to get up and play the ball very fast.

Merrin is only effective off the bench once the opposition are a little fatigued.
Ellis looked quite good.
Maguire looked very good.

We missed Lawrie, although I was one of those that considered him a bench forward only.
He seems a little bigger, stronger, angrier this year and I like it.

I read that Dufty's comments about trying to be better than RTS were used as motivation by the Warriors.
I wish there wasn't so much yapping coming from the Dragons pregame. I didn't hear much from the Warrior's camp.

This game shows how a few 50/50 calls and a little bias can derail a team.
And dont forget the media yapping about how good we are going and what we have done to find ourselves in the Top 4. Now we are Top 6.
I keep saying it. Dragons have to learn to fire up when favourites but they were competitive (and maybe could of won it) for one of our so called flat games against a perfect side in attack stats.
For me good signs!

Dion

Juniors
And dont forget the media yapping about how good we are going and what we have done to find ourselves in the Top 4. Now we are Top 6.
I keep saying it. Dragons have to learn to fire up when favourites but they were competitive (and maybe could of won it) for one of our so called flat games against a perfect side in attack stats.
For me good signs!
The Warriors shaded us on Sunday and deserved to win.
3 tries a piece and we hit the lead only to relinquish it late in the game - was a pretty fair effort.
Warriors completion rate was out of this world and Lomax, uncharacteristically missed a few shots at goals.
The important thing for me was the effort and resilience that was on show again.
I hate losing but if we are going to lose, leaving everything out there is good enough for me.
I thought the ref. played a massive role and could have easily penalized or sin binned the Warriors close to their line but chose not to.
Could have made all the difference.
Dufty has been consistent throughout his career. Rocks and diamonds with only marginal improvement evident.
Would lοve to see young Ramsey play fullback at some stage. He seems very safe under the high ball and has a defensive instinct the Dufty lacks.
Make no mistake, the Warriors are a very good side and we were very competitive and could have easily won..

Last edited:

Latest posts