What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 25th June 7:50pm @Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

callmack1

Staff member

truthslayer

Juniors
Disappointed! I though some of the forwards was great, Su'a especially and sele was impressive off the bench. Murray was solid Tatola made metres Tom went forward. The backs Graham solid as was Johnstone. Disappointed with Latrell, needs to improve ball security. Reynolds failed to kick out on the full. And Burns ran hard but defense lapses are costly as is ball security. In general, that is major problem fumbles and poor decisions. Now, this is where the coach has to step up that's his job to improve this area.No use saying it is and was a problem when he arrived. The halves have to step up each match and this is not happening on a regular basis. Let's hope Bennet can get the players to make better decisions and improve their ball security I do then believe we can compete with the best. Su'a a fantastic effort!

handyman2190

Bench
Joeys assessment on fox is right we are missing sam in the middle we are not bending the line, murray is not playing well i think because the front are not making room for him or cookie.
We lost 2x1m and 2x 500k players ok we have upgraded some and spent 800 on Arrow, who while is a solid worker, is not an impact type,we need to offer fafita that 1.2m or maybe the horses will let pengji jnr go to keep fafita and we grab him for 800k

Travitoh

First Grade
Souths made a number of errors early and were left to chase the game for the remainder against a good Penrith side. It's positive that they got themselves back into it and not the worst result in the world.

handyman2190

Bench
Souths made a number of errors early and were left to chase the game for the remainder against a good Penrith side. It's positive that they got themselves back into it and not the worst result in the world.
I disagree brother about it not the worst result in the world,a lose is a lose by 1 or 10 or 50points, actually it was a flattering score i thought, there was a distinct difference in quality.
Being behind early makes no difference to a team that has grit and works hard.
We have a number of players not playing to standard,AR murray, mitchel,

Travitoh

First Grade
I disagree brother about it not the worst result in the world,a lose is a lose by 1 or 10 or 50points, actually it was a flattering score i thought, there was a distinct difference in quality.
Being behind early makes no difference to a team that has grit and works hard.
We have a number of players not playing to standard,AR murray, mitchel,

There is no such thing as a flattering score. As bad as Souths played with the ball, they were still competitive without it to keep themselves in with a chance.

Of what we've seen so far this season, Souths are midtable, most likely lower finals. Of the 7 games so far, 3 have been against who i believe to be top 4/5 quality and a Brisbane side who were flying at the time.

The other games have been comfortable wins and there are a lot more of those fixtures in the coming weeks.

There is no need to panic. I don't think anyone went into this season expecting a genuine premiership opportunity. The team are approx where they should be.

callmack1

Staff member
After watching the replay today, I honestly think it's as simple as 'hold the ball and you'll win.' We hold onto the pill on Thursday night and I have no doubt we would've won. Everything else about us in that game was done well.

But this is our issue at the moment and it's starting to become a huge issue. I genuinely believe we can beat anyone on the day but we're just not putting it together. In all our losses so far, we've had a chance to get the upper hand and win but we've killed ourselves. It's not good enough and we need to fix it ASAP. But no need to panic currently, Yes we have a few other things going wrong but if we can consistently hold the ball each week then watch out!