What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

age.s

First Grade
We haven't been at our best but the Knights have been excellent, particularly in the middle. Its been a long while since I've seen a team push through us like that. I've seen a lot of teams put a good half of footy on us though. Big question is whether they can maintain it for 80.

Shame about the Soro no try. 14-12 would have flattered us enormously.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Defiantly strange Spencer only getting 5 minutes game tipped our way when he was on
Still think we will win straighten our attack less through Yeo to run sideways to pass inside just give it to a runner heading straight

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If he has a really big year and gets half a dozen games at 5/8 in cup and does well all year and a big pre season maybe.

Lots of ifs in there.

I'm confident he will have a big year but playing 5/8 in the top grade isn't easy.

People just assumed Burton would kill it but he's still finding his feet and he was a lot better than cole coming through
He is playing VERY well with what he's working with

Iamback

Coach
Defiantly strange Spencer only getting 5 minutes game tipped our way when he was on
Still think we will win straighten our attack less through Yeo to run sideways to pass inside just give it to a runner heading straight

Which is why I would of started him

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Knights have been on fire but we've gifted them errors and penalties to help them score those points. Attitude and execution not up to the standards we expect and we no longer have such a talent advantage like in past years to get away with it. We learn more about the team in these sort of games where they have adversity rather than when they get a good start and thrash teams. Hope they can turn it around.

Pjf04b

Juniors
Hastings has been offside every play the ball as is most of their backline cutting off most options.
The 6 agains and penalties are not consistent and every time Newcastle cant get out their end they seem to get one!
The supposed professional foul was absolute farce and shows the ref is calling what he thinks happens not what he sees.

Iamback

Coach
If he has a really big year and gets half a dozen games at 5/8 in cup and does well all year and a big pre season maybe.

Lots of ifs in there.

I'm confident he will have a big year but playing 5/8 in the top grade isn't easy.

People just assumed Burton would kill it but he's still finding his feet and he was a lot better than cole coming through

We have signed Cole for 3 years though. The aim would be have him in the 17 somewhere.

The role Burton played here seems like the one for him

Black Diamond

Juniors
Hastings has been offside every play the ball as is most of their backline cutting off most options.
The 6 agains and penalties are not consistent and every time Newcastle cant get out their end they seem to get one!
The supposed professional foul was absolute farce and shows the ref is calling what he thinks happens not what he sees.
100%

That Captain Challenge showed he is favouring Knights