What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Newcastle Team List Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
People said its a big question how we respond after a loss. For me how we respond after a big win says more. Danger game and knights seaso on in the line.

Eelogical

Referee
People said its a big question how we respond after a loss. For me how we respond after a big win says more. Danger game and knights seaso on in the line.
I'd have to check the archives to see how we responded after our last 'big win'.

Kornstar

Coach
So Alvaro misses out on this game due to concussion.
It's a good thing the refs didn't judge that he was fit enough to maybe come back onto the field last Monday, thus not sin binning the Tigers player responsible for his injury.
Poor Jennings was binned for 10 mins and also was suspended for the next game when he did it.

What's scarier is the response from the ref to Gutho when he basically said he had to go to the bin, "that's not how it works".......well Mr. Referee maybe you should explain because we know better than anyone how it works because we were victim to the NRL's stupid rules and you don't seem to know them.

If he had of said that in his opinion Alvaro would come back then i could at least understand he was applying the rules he's been given but the fact he dismissed our captain and then told him it doesn't work that way is pretty concerning........how can we trust them to apply any of the games rules?

T.S Quint

Coach
What's scarier is the response from the ref to Gutho when he basically said he had to go to the bin, "that's not how it works".......well Mr. Referee maybe you should explain because we know better than anyone how it works because we were victim to the NRL's stupid rules and you don't seem to know them.

If he had of said that in his opinion Alvaro would come back then i could at least understand he was applying the rules he's been given but the fact he dismissed our captain and then told him it doesn't work that way is pretty concerning........how can we trust them to apply any of the games rules?

Another brilliant piece of work from Greenberg.

Michael-Shannon-Facepalm.gif

Djay

Juniors
Last year, when Marata debuted, I thought he would become a gun player. I've seen nothing so far to suggest that wont happen.

His been brilliant, he defends well, he hits hard and he runs some good lines aswell as making very good metres off nearly every run, his going to be a very very good player. Massive fan.

emjaycee

Coach

I think the referee was right regarding the sin binning (or lack thereof). It all depends on whether there is foul play and whether or not the offending player is put on report.

a) If put on report (therefore foul play) and the referee believes the injured player will not return = sin bin
b) If put on report and the referee believes the injured play will return = no sin bin
c) If not put on report (no foul play) = no sin bin

So his comment to Gutho was correct, simply sending the player to the bin because Alvaro may not come back on is not how it works.

By the way, I think he should have been on report (and therefore sin binned) based on the fact I don't think Jennings should have been in Round 1.

Gronk

Staff member

It’s the Eels mate, every game is a danger game. There has not been a game in the last 30 years that I have not been worried about the outcome.

We could even lose a game vs a reserve grade side. :joy: Oh wait, that has already happened vs STG at Parra Stadium. :frowning2:

T.S Quint

Coach
I think the referee was right regarding the sin binning (or lack thereof). It all depends on whether there is foul play and whether or not the offending player is put on report.

a) If put on report (therefore foul play) and the referee believes the injured player will not return = sin bin
b) If put on report and the referee believes the injured play will return = no sin bin
c) If not put on report (no foul play) = no sin bin

So his comment to Gutho was correct, simply sending the player to the bin because Alvaro may not come back on is not how it works.

By the way, I think he should have been on report (and therefore sin binned) based on the fact I don't think Jennings should have been in Round 1.

If it wasn't foul play then why did we get a penalty?
I do think it should have been reported, considering he shouldered Alvaro straight in the jaw. I'm all for referees using their discretion, but not when it comes to injuries. He can't tell on the spot whether a player will return or not, it should be up to the doctors to make that decision. I'd be more inclined to give a penalty on the spot (and put on report), then play on and wait for the outcome of the HIA. If it comes through that the player won't be returning, then stop play, call out the offending player and put him in the bin. It might seem weird not to do it immediately, but there would be more consistency in how the rule is applied and takes it out of the ref's hands.