What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Actually he did use his arm by looks of that. When I first saw the tackle thought it was his head no arm but you photo shows the arm. Fair tackle hope they challenge the ruling. What's everyone think?
I just think they need to talk about the consistency. The Rava tackle the arm probably comes around a millisecond after the tackle but Morris is still in mid air basically so he was trying to complete the tackle. At no point did Crichton's arm even attempt to wrap around. That photo I shared is as close as it gets. The fact his elbow and hand are pointing backwards to me indicates the kind of motion one would make if leading with the shoulder. It was even slightly high. I don't see any difference between this tackle and the Talakai one other than that player stayed down and they looked at it. In fact I think the Sharks players arm actually made more of a motion to wrap up the player than did Crichton. I'll cop Rava but after Radley getting off last week its very hard to take Crichton not even having to defend that.

possm

Coach
Refs are listening to the players on all forms of play now. Put simply they can’t a decision on they own. As you saw yesterday, I don’t have any faith in the refs or the bunker, they continue to make unbelievable errors.

Pus the biased commentators the Dragons can’t not win as everyone saw whether it was fox or 9. The only person stood up for the dragons was Jimmy, a lone voice in the white noise of dragon bashing.
Make it so that no player except the captain can speak to the referee or touch judges. Penalty if they do.

Dragon David

First Grade
I forsee this becoming yet another way the bunker can take a try off us as Lomax sets up for the kick.
I hate the new way of try adjudication with a passion, I cannot now celebrate a try until Lomax's boot has kicked the ball for the conversion. It sucks the guts out of the fun.
Your are right Lovemedragons. You just cannot jump for joy anymore because you sense that the bunker will be looking hard at the lead up and put down of a "try". It just takes the spontaneity out of any excitement and knowing our luck, they will find something to bring any excitement back down to earth with an almighty thud.

since77

Juniors
I hate the new way of try adjudication with a passion, I cannot now celebrate a try until Lomax's boot has kicked the ball for the conversion. It sucks the guts out of the fun.

Agree so much with this. I loathe it. Either award the try (and it stands whether correct decision or not) or just go to the video ref. This new system is the brainchild of an idiot. Most of the reversals I’ve seen are either very dubious or nit picking of the highest order and contrary to the spirit of the game.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Agree so much with this. I loathe it. Either award the try (and it stands whether correct decision or not) or just go to the video ref. This new system is the brainchild of an idiot. Most of the reversals I’ve seen are either very dubious or nit picking of the highest order and contrary to the spirit of the game.
Agree, absolute BS; I’m finding that the technology spotlight is turning me off the game. Can’t stand it!

Last edited:
Agree, absolute BS; I’m finding that the technology spotlight is turning me off the game. Can’t stand it!
I agree. The powers that be in league are ruining the game by making it too complicated. league always appealed to me because of the simplicity of the rules. Rugby Union ruined their game years ago because of ever changing and new complicated rule changes.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm finding watching rugby league very frustrating now and that includes the other games not only the RedV ones. Too many rules spoil the fun. However in saying this, if I was either a Penrith, Storm, Roosters or Souths fan, I would love the new rules.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Last night when Bird scored that try, I was so pumped, howling and fist pumping only to have it called back and then be denied when it actually was a try anyway. The howling turned to obscenities and the fists nearly went through the TV. To me it is ruining the game big time. I would rather cop a wrong decision here or there than have the moment destroyed like that. The moment isn't while they are lining up goal and you cheer the confirmation. I want to cheer when they slam it down and the ref confirms that mere seconds after.

FlameThrower

Bench
Last night when Bird scored that try, I was so pumped, howling and fist pumping only to have it called back and then be denied when it actually was a try anyway. The howling turned to obscenities and the fists nearly went through the TV. To me it is ruining the game big time. I would rather cop a wrong decision here or there than have the moment destroyed like that. The moment isn't while they are lining up goal and you cheer the confirmation. I want to cheer when they slam it down and the ref confirms that mere seconds after.
Agreed - it’s a stupid rule and more so yesterday it was splitting hairs... can’t believe they thought this was a good idea...

redv13

Bench
I’m pretty sure every try the bunker has overturned against us this season has been awarded try by the on field ref. So frustrating and deflating

redv13

Bench
Can you point out where the bunker has overturned any try that wasn’t awarded a try on the field this year?
All I give a shit about is the dragons. We have had at least 3 tries that were awarded try by the ref, the opposition hasn’t whinged about it then out of nowhere the video ref piped up and finds something to disallow it. Ref seemed confident, Saints seemed confident, opposition had no issues then 2 mins later bang, try gone.