What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty much this. Why I can't work out how dropping Whare or Wallace changes anything. Not saying either or both won't go before season's end just that they weren't our only problem
You cant figure out how Peachey at centre or Katoa at hooker changes anything? Really?

It adds speed and ups the tempo of both positions. It also removes Peacheys license to kick and to be a link in spreading the ball.

Peachey is the guy you want ghe ball spread to. Not doing the passing.

GongPanther

Referee
When we are making tweaks before the finals. I am sure Wallace would of been rested to see how we go defensively without him. He is in top 5 for tackles in the comp someone needs to cover that.

We have had a full strength backline only for the Souths game. How can anyone judge what is wrong just ATM?

You may not be but it is no surprise all the haters come out once We get a lose

Better if everyone sees how we are faring after another month or so of football.Then we can gauge on how well we will be going after we get a few back from injuries.

And we seem to have the same starting lineup as last week. :)

franklin2323

Immortal
Your repeated posts about so called "haters" makes you sound like an insecure little girl. Give it a rest, you know as well as anyone here, everyone just wants the team to perform at it's best.

How do we perform at our best with 3 starting backs out?

We are running 3rd hardly having a bad year yet not good enough for some people

franklin2323

Immortal
Better if everyone sees how we are faring after another month or so of football.Then we can gauge on how well we will be going after we get a few back from injuries.

And we seem to have the same starting lineup as last week. :)

We lose Maloney and a few others to SOO then even. We only need to be at our best in Round 25 not round 5. After SOO we should have an idea better of our best 17. Can work to getting them finals ready.. 1st step is to qualify

OldPanther

Coach

It's fine if you think things are good enough as they are because we've started well but it's not in my nature to look at a situation and think it's fine as it is. If I did that in my job I'd be unemployed in about 2 weeks.

There is always room for improvement no matter what. Complacency equals failure.

Last edited:

Copperhead

Juniors

We perform at our best by selecting the best players we have available in the positions that best suit the team.

We're traveling well enough (and I've never said otherwise), but we've also lost two games that we shouldn't have. All anyone here is doing is mulling over possible ways to improve. You've been quick to dismiss Whare's handling, but when Edwards dropped the ball in just his second or third game you said he wasn't fit for first grade. We all show bias sometimes.

franklin2323

Immortal
It's fine if you think things are good enough as they are because we've started well but it's not in my nature to look at a situation and think it's fine as it is. If I did that in my job I'd be unemployed in about 2 weeks.

There is always room for improvement no matter what. Complacency equals failure.

Round 1- Whare doesn't play
Round 2- full strength backline
Round 3- no DWZ
Round 4- no Cleary
Round 5 same backline
Round 6 - no Blake
Round 7 - no Mansour

Need the same team consistently as 1st thing. Though why get this makeshift team flawless... Shouldn't that be left until we have everyone back rather than fix this team. Then need to fix the completed team?

franklin2323

Immortal
We perform at our best by selecting the best players we have available in the positions that best suit the team.

We're traveling well enough (and I've never said otherwise), but we've also lost two games that we shouldn't have. All anyone here is doing is mulling over possible ways to improve. You've been quick to dismiss Whare's handling, but when Edwards dropped the ball in just his second or third game you said he wasn't fit for first grade. We all show bias sometimes.

I never said Edwards wasn't FG standard. I said ATM I think Moylan is the better fullback Edwards was 1000% better v GC getting more involved.

We are ave more points scored a game than last year. Had less scored against are sitting top 4.

That is improvement on last year
Cleary is way better in halves than Peachey so naturally we will improve even more so once he is back.

It is the same people never happy on here no matter what the situation is.

OldPanther

Coach
Round 1- Whare doesn't play
Round 2- full strength backline
Round 3- no DWZ
Round 4- no Cleary
Round 5 same backline
Round 6 - no Blake
Round 7 - no Mansour

Need the same team consistently as 1st thing. Though why get this makeshift team flawless... Shouldn't that be left until we have everyone back rather than fix this team. Then need to fix the completed team?

We get it the best we can to get the best chance of winning every game we play. When the first string players come back we strengthen an already top team.

This is the benifit of all the work that has gone into our development systems. It is a big positive for the club.

mxlegend99

Referee
I never said Edwards wasn't FG standard. I said ATM I think Moylan is the better fullback Edwards was 1000% better v GC getting more involved.

We are ave more points scored a game than last year. Had less scored against are sitting top 4.

That is improvement on last year
Cleary is way better in halves than Peachey so naturally we will improve even more so once he is back.

It is the same people never happy on here no matter what the situation is.
Moylans a f**king terrible fullback.

You talk about Edwards not getting involved. Yet Moylan always wanted others to run the ball for him and his urgency in defence was non existent.

Sure he was a thousand times better at ball playing. But what other area was he better in? Edwards is as good or better in all other areas.

franklin2323

Immortal
We get it the best we can to get the best chance of winning every game we play. When the first string players come back we strengthen an already top team.

This is the benifit of all the work that has gone into our development systems. It is a big positive for the club.

Our kick chase and defending kicks have been poor for example. Not sure how we fix it with 2nd rowers in the centres.

Things like that need fixing but for me getting the line to stay as one is more important

mxlegend99

Referee
You don't think with him in the 1 we would of scored more tries?
We potentially score less considering the amount of metres we lose.

Attacking in the opposition 20 you would prefer Moylan. The other 80 metres of the field and in defence I think Edwards has him covered comfortably as a fullback.

Its why Moylan is better suited to 6. He has fewer flaws holding him back. Although he does still have flaws. Like qny player in yhe competition.

OldPanther

Coach
Our kick chase and defending kicks have been poor for example. Not sure how we fix it with 2nd rowers in the centres.

Things like that need fixing but for me getting the line to stay as one is more important

Edwards needs to improve on kick defence. Hopefully he develops it quickly.