What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 (2008) Titans v Bluebags

Pistol

Coach
Baggers

Gorilla with The Backyard Hills Hoist League = 88

Some clever writing incorporating an institution in backyard footy, the Hills Hoist.

Black Kitty with A little direction please?
What do you do when you loose your game? = 90

The game of league has served as a distraction for many when the pressures of life can be burden to bear. Solid work.

Willow = In the heat of the moment = 89

I like a nice cerebral piece. Well written.

Timmah with Another False Dusk = 85

The game has taken some hits. Some are hard to avoid. The article started off strong, held it in the middle, wobbled slightly at the end but got over the line.

Drewsta with It’s just a scratch... = 91

Long gone are the days when two best friends would spit into their palms and proclaim to be friends for life and mean it. The NRL it seems to be the punching bag for other codes to come and take a swing. The writer strongly dislikes the fact that Gallop and the ruling body hasn’t stood up and put up the dukes. Strong, passionate and very emotive.

Titans

Titanic with Back to the Furor = 88

The writer is certainly not on the fence collecting splinters. A certain player and his defection to France has very much riled the writer as it has many people in the league community. A strong article indeed. One can say “a maniacal fit”.

Tits&tans with In The Realm of the Imagined = 86

Sometimes imagination gets lost in the quest for headlines and word play to attract readers. The writer displays good examples and shows we can use more creative words and still get the same message across.

Amadean with French Garbage Disposal = 89

Couldn’t agree more. Well written.

Titan_Uranus with My Summer With Sue = 92

Quite brilliant. A romance intertwined and the thoughts of two on ones mind.

Coaster with Tezza and Me = 88

League, Life, friends…what more can a bloke ask. The writer wrote a good solid piece on this and sharing it with the wife.

443 – 443

Baggers and the Titans play out a draw

POTM

Titan_Uranus

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fugg me *falls over*

Well done all... that's now how many undefeated? :crazy:

Brilliant stuff, well in to the Titans, Bags, all of em.

Cheers

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Looks like I picked the perfect time to log on. Who said one of our undefeated streaks would end? Once again, yay for all of us.

Thank you to Pistol for putting us out of our misery.

I'd go out and celebrate my POTM with Madunit and the rest of the forum cool crew cruisin' for laydeez but I'm too emotionally fatigued - loving two women and the same time can be draining, not too mention waiting for F7s results.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wow...

The battle for the top of the food chain just got tighter.

Congrats to Titan Uranus on the POTM and to all players for a classic match.

Thanks ref Pistol for a top piece of whistle blowing.

Two teams still undefeated in 2008.

Did I say 'wow'?

bartman

Immortal
Well done to both teams.

It's going to be a tough battle for top spot and the week off - could come down to points for and against?

Jesbass

First Grade
Haha, Pistol, you tease! :lol:

Great result for two great teams. Well done to all! :clap:

Titanic

First Grade
Fantastic Titans, excellent effort: (1) TU: FFS, POTM, IMHO, TFG (2) Ama: now is the time to pull out your hammer (3) Cstr: welcome mate, now that you've got the sand out of your buttcrack, we'll expect even greater things (4) t&t: you're only as good as your next game.

Congrats 'Bags... the benchmark of all things F7 and Willow I think you can claim bragging rights now because irrespective of next week's results, with due respect to the 'Bits, the minor premiership is yours for the taking.

Thanks Pistol... I didn't realise you also had one in the barrel - good shot.

Robster

Bench
Awesome team. Grand Final preview possibly. What a match. A fitting result.
Well Done both teams. 3 teams can win the minor premiership.

Jesbass

First Grade
Actually, Rob, within one round, there will be five teams that can win the comp... ;-)

Titan Uranus

Juniors
There'll be 5 that can win the whole comp but Robster said that there'll be 3 that can win the minor premiership, i.e. be top of table after the next round, and there are only 3 teams that can do that.

However it's not likely to be us as although our points for is looking good we've allowed too many points to be scored against us for the overall difference to be good enough.

Jesbass

First Grade
Ah. I stand well and truly corrected! My apologies, Rob. :D

To be honest, Mr Uranus, I think the minor premiership is a one horse race...

Titanic

First Grade
'Bags have got it and deservedly so.

I suppose this debated every year but can somebody take pity on a poor player in his debut season and explain why forfeiting players is considered as "against" thus penalising the winning team doubly (1) by points against which they had no control over, and (2) by the winning team playing articles which could well have be used the following week.

Hey, Jess - yahhhhhoooo we get to play with you guys 2 weeks in a row :crazy:

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
'Bags have got it and deservedly so.

I suppose this debated every year but can somebody take pity on a poor player in his debut season and explain why forfeiting players is considered as "against" thus penalising the winning team doubly (1) by points against which they had no control over, and (2) by playing the winning team using articles which could well have be used the following week.

Hey, Jess - yahhhhhoooo we get to play with you guys 2 weeks in a row :crazy:

That sounds a bit much for both squads, I reckon. Here's to a Rabbitohs boil over so that at least one of our teams gets a break! :lol:

Jesbass

First Grade
Do you know anyone with advanced skills in hacking? :lol:

Bluebags - all the best for the final round. :D

Titanic

First Grade
Do you know anyone with advanced skills in hacking? :lol:

LMAO - Jess, this is China the global capital of hacking. So the answer to your question is "DO fish have sex in the ocean? Do bears crap in the woods? Does Ronald Reagan take lead? Does bin Laden need a haircut ... at the neck? Is Carney a drunken fool?"