What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles: Friday 29th April 7:55pm @Central Coast Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to dump Round 7 and move on to the next clash as we take on Manly in a bumper Friday night clash this week. This game was always going to be huge. We're playing one of our traditional rivals, one of our biggest rivals in the Sea Eagles and it's a rivalry that stretches back nearly 80 years now. In that time, there's been some bumper clashes. Grand Finals, Preliminary Finals, other Finals games and some belter Regular Season contests. Plenty of feeling in this one, it's no secret we don't like Manly and I think they feel exactly the same way about us so I'm expecting there to be feeling again in this one. So yea, this was always going to be a big clash but after what happened last week, the enormity of the occasion has been multiplied 100 times! This now becomes a HUGE game, a game we simply must win. No two ways about it, no if's or but's, we have to bounce back and win.

That's certainly going to be easier said than done. The Sea Eagles had a bit of a shaky start to the Season but before last week, they'd really found their groove and were looking in good shape. They're a quality side on their day and I genuinely believe that they are capable of beating anyone in this competition when they get things right. Just like us, last week was terrible for them so the bounce-back factor is going to be there for them too and that can be super dangerous. They'll be desperate. It's a huge week for us but it's an equally big week for Manly. In terms of strike, Manly have it in spades, and any side that contains the likes of Garrick, Saab, DCE, Foran, Taupau and Trbojevic is going to be very hard to contain. As it mostly is, the forward battle will be the key. Win that battle and against their big pack and it makes things so much easier.

As I said, super, super important week for us as we just have to bounce-back and win. I said Manly will be desperate, well we should be equally just as desperate. I'm sure we will be, the boys looked shattered in the sheds after the game and I have no doubt they'll be doing everything they can to turn it around this week. It's going to take a massive improvement if we want to do it, I think everyone is aware of that, but I know we have it in us. I still genuinely believe we can make top four if we sort our game out, I genuinely believe that. it needs to start this week. The first port of call is a no-brainer, cut out those bloody errors!! We are the worst in the comp on that area and we can't expect to beat Manly if that trend continues, they'll walk all over us. There's been three games now we've dropped directly because of our errors and we just cannot make it a fourth. The one game this year we have completed well was Round 3, and look what happened. That's the blueprint. So hold that bloody ball boys!!! I also haven't been happy with the defence the past two weeks. Through the middle we look fine but it's on the edges where we're looking a bit shaky. That needs to be fixed. All in all, I just want to see our strike and swagger back! some new additions to the backline should help with that hopefully, they'll have a big chance to show what they can do against quality opposition.

So this week is just win, win, win at all costs!! I don't care how, just please win! That would be super sweet against one of our biggest rivals and it would make a bit of a statement. I know we can do it!! Do the boys believe? I'm fired up this week! Bring on Friday night!!

big hit!

Bench
So this week is just win, win, win at all costs!! I don't care how, just please win! That would be super sweet against one of our biggest rivals and it would make a bit of a statement. I know we can do it!! Do the boys believe? I'm fired up this week! Bring on Friday night!!

A win playing dog shit just papers over the cracks and they'll cop it again when it really matters.

Winning shouldn't be the focus. Process goals like completing sets, discipline, and effort areas are the objectives. That's what the top teams do well. Nail them and the outcome will look after itself this week, and every other week.

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 8 against the Sea Eagles is,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Sele
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Havili
15. Moale
16. Burgess
17. Knight

I think Tass and Paulo are certain to come in which I actually find exciting. Hopefully this is their moment and they can both grab the opportunity and never look back, particularly Tass. A lot of people will say Paulo isn't much better than Mansour but I disagree. I don't mind Paulo on the wing, it gives us a bit more speed and we made a Grand Final with him there so he's fine there.

Sele will be named but will obviously have to clear protocols. Havili will come onto the bench.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well looks like we will be without Trell, Milne, Nicholls, Sele, Host and Chee Kam.

But Manly look to be without Turbo, Haumole, Paseka, D. Walker, Schuster, Aloiai and maybe Davey.

We really must win this game. Both benches will be light on I think.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hearing Trent Peoples could be debuting off the bench. We have no second rowers left so will likely have applied for dispensation.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 8 Against Sea Eagles: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/26/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-eight/

Pretty happy with that for the most part!!! The one thing I don't agree with is Mansour keeping his spot. How does that happen?!! I want him out of the team! That's my only gripe on this weeks team. Great to see that Tass will be given a proper shot at left center as we've all been wanting for weeks. God, I hope he kills it and can make that spot his own because it will solve a massive problem for us.

Aside from that, while I'd prefer him on the bench, I don't mind Tom starting. Really hoping Hame passes protocol this week but it seems unlikely. If not, then I guess Peoples makes his debut. Good to see Havili back, he'll have a point to prove and may have to play out of position.

Despite all our outs, it's still a very strong team!! Bring on Friday night!!

callmack1

Staff member
Friday Night Footy set to be a homecoming for Taaffe: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/26/friday-night-footy-set-to-be-a--homecoming-for-taaffe/

"We just can't keep making it hard for ourselves" - Cook: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/26/we-just-cant-keep-making-it-hard-for-ourselves---cook/

"It's been a rollercoaster ride" - Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/26/its-been-a-rollercoaster-ride---walker/

Another emotional, significant and special night again this Friday as our man, Cody Walker plays his 150th game. An amazing milestone considering he thought he'd never even play one. Great to hear him speak about it and he seems emotional which I think it's a good sign. Let's hope he channels it the right way and uses his milestone match to finally spark his Season. We need him to!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Home game mentality on Demetriou's mind: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/04/28/home-game-mentality-on-demetrious-mind/

Some talk that Shaq will reportedly make his debut tomorrow night!!! That is super exciting and a pretty cool moment if so!!

Apparently Hame is out and Knighty probably is too. They didn't train today apparently.
JD is right too we do need to go on with a home game mentality I am sure we will get a good support.

We need to do our best to urge the boys home.

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD said in today’s presser that they hadn’t looked closely at field goals but now we have and getting Lachy into better positions. Why did it take losing a game to look at this?

Attention to detail is critical and we have lost 2 games by a point partly as we haven’t trained and planned for it well.... yet now we do like cmon man!

callmack1

Staff member
Well, the day has finally arrived and here we go.... It's game day!!! it's a big one too as we take on Manly up there on the Central Coat. You don't need me to tell you how massive tonight is for us, especially after what happened last week. It's huge tonight, a massive occasion and I honestly think this is our most important game of the year so far. We're playing the Sea Eagles, one of our traditional rivals so that in itself is big. Almost 80 years of history between our two clubs with plenty of famous moments in between. There's also plenty of feeling in it too and that will be no different tonight, we don't like them and they don't like us. So it's always a big game against Manly but when you add what happened last week and how we've been tracking so far this Season, Cody's 150th, Shaq's debut, a potentil big moment in our Season with Tass at left centre; tonight becomes absolutely massive!! We have to win, no to ways about it. Just win!

That is certainly not going to be easy at all. Manly are a great side, a quality side that will no doubt be in the top 6 this year and hopefully alongside us, pushing for top four. They had a shaky start to the year and a bit of a hiccup last week but aside from that. they seem to have really found their groove. They'll be looking to bounce back in a big way and that is dangerous for us. They have plenty of strike across the park and any team with the likes of Garrick, Saab, DCE, Foran, Taupau and Trbojevic is going to be very hard to contain. They key for us tonight is winning that forward battle and doing everything we can to limit DCE's impact. He's the main focal point. Win that battle and against their big pack and it makes things so much easier.

For us, well, as I have said we just have to bounce back and win. Doing so is going to take a massive improvement but I know it's something we have got in us. It has to be. The blueprint tonight is pretty simple, completions, completions, completions. That's the biggest thing out of this game for me, can we hold the ball. If we don't, Manly are too good of a side to not make us pay. We've completed at 80% just once this year and look at how we played, repeat that tonight and we'll put ourselves in a position to win. That's a massive focus tonight. Defence needs a big improvement too and hopefully if we can cut out the errors, that area of the game will improve because the Sea Eagles are a pretty good attacking team. Above all else, I just want to see the boys give it their all tonight! Run out there with passion and pride!! Let's put on a show for our Central Coast members and fans and do it for Cody!!

Our backs are against the wall, there's no doubt about that but we have a chance to make a statement tonight. It's now about going out there and doing it. I know we can do it but do the boys believe? Our destiny tonight is in our own hands, let's go out there and create something special. Fire up!!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nearly 14k tickets sold for tonight’s game it holds 20k. Should be a good atmosphere with hopefully plenty of Red and Green!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are it’s that time of week again Game Day is here. A very important game tonight against Manly up in Gosford where we have our second most amount of members outside Sydney is around the Central Coast area so I’m sure we will get a good support tonight around 14k tickets have been sold already it will be a good atmosphere. If you’re tossing up whether to go or not just get out there I haven’t been to the stadium before but have driven past it in the car and I’ve heard it is a fabulous atmosphere there so looking forward tonight. No doubt plenty of our members in Sydney will make the trip up too, let’s turn Gosford into Red and Green everywhere. Going to be Cody 150th tonight as well I’m very proud of him and we need a big one from him tonight and all the boys. We really need to get this win and we need to dig deep. I don’t care if it’s ugly just win.

Looking at Manly they’ve been playing some solid footy. They have some injuries now though like us so both benches will be light on. But Manly have good quality all over the park in Garrick, Saab, DCE, Foran, Jurbo, Taupau, they get Schuster back as well a massive boost. To compete with Manly we must improve no two ways about it first and foremost needs to be our completion rate it needs to get to 80percent or above which we’ve only done once this year it’s just not good enough we are putting too much pressure on ourself. So it comes down to each of the boys making sure we don’t let that happen tonight and that we complete highly kick deep and into corners and build pressure. We also can not afford to piggyback them out of their end early. Also we have Atkins tonight which isn’t ideal so we need to be even more careful with our discipline.

For us it’ll be great to see Tass get his first start tonight and a very proud moment for Shaq Mitchell on debut who has worked so hard for this and he won’t let us down. We will need to also stop the offloads wrap the ball up DONT LET EM PASS LINE SPEED SOUTHS FORCE EM INTO ERROR FORCE EM BACK!!!

As we get close to kick off tonight lets let everyone at Central Coast Stadium and at home watching on Ch 9 and FOX lets make sure they all know this is a South Sydney home game lets urge the boys home to get this vital win!

Ok as we look into the sheds here at Central Coast Stadium we can see the boys from Manly about to make their way out......................................... Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles..................................

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...............................

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEETTTTTTT!!! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOOOOUURRRRRRR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRRAAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSS!!!!

LETS GO RRAAABBBBIIITTOOHHSSSS!!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

GET EM ONSIDE ATKINS WHERE IS OUR PENALTY BBBOOOOOOO

BBBOOOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT SIX MORE SIX MORE PULL YOUR WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE ATKINS

TOHCHY DO YOUR JOB FORWARD PASS FFOOORRWWAARRDD PPPAASSSSSS BBBOOOOOOOOOO

callmack1

Staff member
Interesting tactics from JD. Apparently, the players were sent home with a Footy and they had to hold onto it all night, even a suggestion they had to sleep with it in order to learn 'how to respect the Footy.'

Sounds crazy but this is backed up by various players Instagram's today. They were at a cafe this morning and a few of the boys (not all) were holding a ball.

Interesting tactics, but hey, whatever works right? At least, I hope it works!

Latest posts