What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 8: ROOSTERS V PENRITH

Anonymous

Juniors
ROOSTERS

The Backpacker
Life’s Injustices
A glowing tribute to the fighting spirit of Tawera Nikau who is overcoming tragedies that most of us can but imagine.
729 words (inc title).
Score: 8.9

Penelope Pittstop
The Ian Henderson Interview
746 words (inc title).
Score: 8.3

...Morticia...
Agony and Ecstasy
Opinion of drugs in RL and some excellent background material. Looks like you could have gone into a second volume.
750 words (inc title).
Score: 9.1

Lord Reynoldson
Salary Cap Penalties - Are they harsh enough?
More opinion and a well written article on the touchy subject of the salary cap.
747 words (inc title).
Score: 8.2

ozzie
WHO WOULD YOU HAVE KICKING FOR YOUR LIFE??
A tribute to goal kickers as Hazem El Masri lines up for record kick this weekend.
744 words (inc title).
Score: 8.1

ROOSTERS TOTAL: 42.6

-----------------------------------------
PANTHERS

Big Mick
When Crowds go bad
The controversy and issues of crowd behavior and how RL is a family game.
748 words (inc title).
Score: 8.5

JOBPS
Changing Home
Home crowds and comparisons in the UK.
695 words (inc title).
Score: 8.1

Paul-The-Cowboy
Super League Grand Final Night
The passion and excitement of Moulin Rouge and the ESL grand finals extravaganza.
NB: A break between paragraphs would make it easier to read... but thats a referee thing - not a markable offence... this time ;)
750 words (inc title).
Score: 8.8

Thierry Henry
White Flight
Well researched article on the ethnic face of NZ RL
749 words (inc title).
Score: 9.2

Brocky
Broncos 2004
An opinion on the Bronco's for next year.
747 words (inc title).
Score: 7.9

PANTHERS TOTAL: 42.5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ROOSTERS 42.6 defeat PANTHERS 42.5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Forummer of the match: Thierry Henry (Panthers)

A close tussle and high quality all the way. Well played everyone.

Anonymous

Juniors
It was a hard match to mark - given the high quality. I read them all once and then read them again individually - marking them on the second reading. I had no idea it was so close until after I added up the scores.

Congratulations to both sides. Unfortunately, with every winning team, there has be a defeated team.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Thanks for the game Panthers. You're a great bunch to play and it could have gone either way.

Thanks willow. I'm not sure how to foward RG and PP but will hand over Prisillas password forthwith. :(

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Sorry about the paragraphs Willow, I'll put the breaks in next time :oops:
Thanks for the game Roosters, it was a great game and a pleasure to take part in. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Anonymous

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
Sorry about the paragraphs Willow, I'll put the breaks in next time :oops:
No worries mate. Its just a case of what is easy on the eyes. I can assure you that it didnt take anything away from your excellent article.

Big Mick

Referee
Damn that was close.

I wish maelgwnau would have played, then we may have won. But that doesn't matter, i think the score was a reflection of the game.

Well done to all the guys who played, well done to morticia and theirry for playing so well.

I'm sorry to my boys for not putting a quality article in, i'll do better next time. But yeah great going guys, hopefully when finals come around we will have a top team to go with.

good luck to the roosters for their game against Brisbane we will now go and prepare for Newtown.