What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Brisbane @ANZ Stadium Thursday 26th April

Spot On

Coach
I didn't watch every game for Newcastle but I watched a fair few and in most of the games I saw he pretty much their best player. Also, Gagai became a regular for Queensland and was the first winger in history to win man of the series, all while playing at Newcastle. That is some achievement given that is a lot harder to make origin when you are part of a shockingly bad club team. My overall point is that he can't be that bad given his achievements.

I've watched every game he has played this season and I don't think he has been as bad as you make out defensively. I agree we were bad on the edges in our opening games vs the Warriors but since then things have improved. Put it this way, we are far better defensively out wide than what we were under Madge.

You still haven't answered my question: where are you getting those stats from?

A lot of supporters in here were of the same opinion when South's signed him. Its interesting to read the comments in the supplied thread link now. They are at odds with yours but each to their own.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/kennar.469863/

bunny hopped

Juniors
We stayed in the sheds at half time simple as that. We were gassed 10 minutes into the second half. The errors in crucial moments + the 80 % possession broncos had in that second half didn't help.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Southy does have pretty good info. If he says 650k, i’d believe him.
Then he'd be able to say where he pulled the number from.

I'm interested in facts, not opinions or people's "inside sources"

Nothing personal. He sounded like he had facts, so I asked. He didn't, so I moved on.

Travitoh

First Grade
It was in the second half that Sam would've made a difference. In all the defending that Souths had to do, there wasn't anyone capable of putting a hit on that could turn momentum like Sam can. The team were defending for survival, Brisbane sensed it and kept their foot on our throats.
Maybe that is something that needs to be looked at by recruitment. We don't need to get a 'goon' in as such but someone with a physical presence to go alongside Sam.
The errors and penalties that we conceded weren't helpful one bit either but they were a result of really good attacking pressure. If Brisbane were actually any good, the game would'v been put to bed by the 70th minute.

handyman2190

Bench

Nothing personal. He sounded like he had facts, so I asked. He didn't, so I moved on.
If you want facts your in the wrong place i know your not the smartest tool but this is a forum and this is a rumours thread. I honestly believe your an escapeee from a asylum thats how loose your mouth is

Travitoh

First Grade
If you want facts your in the wrong place i know your not the smartest tool but this is a forum and this is a rumours thread. I honestly believe your an escapeee from a asylum thats how loose your mouth is

Sorry to kill a good rant but this is the Brisbane match thread...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Yes, how dare I want to know if something's true or not. :joy:

Unless he produced a copy of Gagai's contract, it'd still be a rumour, so I honestly don't know what you're sulking about.

That you're still THIS upset about me asking you a question about your rumour from three weeks ago makes you look really insecure mate.

If you add something to a discussion, people are allowed to ask you questions.

If you can't handle that, I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Curns13

Juniors

That’s up to you. In my 3 years here, Southy has proved to be just about the most reliable poster going around. You are never gonna find facts about contract amounts, they just don’t exist in the public domain. Southsport does have his finger and the pulse a bit and doesn’t talk shit or make stuff up. What you do with his info is up to you.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
That’s up to you. In my 3 years here, Southy has proved to be just about the most reliable poster going around. You are never gonna find facts about contract amounts, they just don’t exist in the public domain. Southsport does have his finger and the pulse a bit and doesn’t talk shit or make stuff up. What you do with his info is up to you.
You're welcome to your opinion mate.

I was more thinking he'd have read an article he could refer me to or something.

handyman2190

Bench
Yes, how dare I want to know if something's true or not. :joy:

Unless he produced a copy of Gagai's contract, it'd still be a rumour, so I honestly don't know what you're sulking about.

That you're still THIS upset about me asking you a question about your rumour from three weeks ago makes you look really insecure mate.

If you add something to a discussion, people are allowed to ask you questions.

If you can't handle that, I genuinely feel sorry for you.
No i feel sorry for you! Who feels the need to antagonise and question anything and everything continually asking for proofs, you are rediculous and Your questions are attacks because of your insecurities and lack of faith, and im not insecure actually because I know..... lol

Rabbitoad

Juniors
No i feel sorry for you! Who feels the need to antagonise and question anything and everything continually asking for proofs, you are rediculous and Your questions are attacks because of your insecurities and lack of faith, and im not insecure actually because I know..... lol
:joy: Oh mate, this prolonged tantrum is just proving my point.

Tell me anywhere in life where you can say whatever you want and people aren't allowed to question it.

Why would here be any different?

The same right you have to say something gives me the right to question it. That's life.

If you can't handle that, you've got a lot of growing up to do.