What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Eels

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan is deadset terrible at reading opposition kicks... huge flaw for a fullback. Our halves read it better

cainen

Juniors
Moylan is deadset terrible at reading opposition kicks... huge flaw for a fullback. Our halves read it better

You're right. This season Cleary has been doing most of the cleanup work at the back when the opposition are in our 20.

The Teach

Juniors
1 and a half games without scoring a try...we suck and season 2017 is officially gone

Last edited:

Caged Panther

First Grade
F**k me what is wrong with this side.

Whether Griffin is responsible for it or not it's his job to fix it and at the moment we seem to be going backwards.

To call us shit is an understatement, even if were to come back (and it's hard to see that happening) it would only paper over massive issues.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well we havent scored a try in over 120 minutes of football.

Yet some on here think we wwre stupid for taking the 2 to increase a lead to 6 (or take a lead by 2 etc.)... as if we would somehow score a try off that set when there have been 50 or so sets the last 2 weeks we havent scored off. Take the 2 games against opposition who didnt show up away... and we are by far the worst team in the competition. Defensively and in attack. Even with those games we nearly are.

On the bright side Blake is playing centre and it has improved our defence a bit. But our attacking opportunities are pretty limited when we cant complete a set.

Devilous

Juniors
It's like each week we get worse and worse! I thought teams were meant to get better as a season moves along.....

Palms

Juniors
Is Merrin the worst player in the comp at the moment? What has he done to deserve a rest? 3 hitups?

mxlegend99

Referee
That was even worse than I'd imagined it could be
Your imagination sucks then. I imagined worse.

Hiku was fine.
Cartwright defensively waa fine.

I pictured both being carved up. Moylan positioning was about as bad as i imagined. Its like he knows hes a half and has stopped focusing on his fullback duties.

Also whare is now the weak defensive centre in our lineup. He was our best 2 years back.

Copperhead

Juniors
5 minutes before and after half time. Every match is getting away from us through lack of concentration.

tripster

Juniors
I am starting to think that Moylan is a bit of a one trick pony in attack. The one trick being to spread it on the last and hope for the best.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Cartwright will be lucky to have Feleti Mateo's career if (a) he isn't allowed to own a position and get good at it, and (b) he doesn't show of an interest in getting better. Making him a lame duck 6 is going to ruin him.

That last 5 minutes really proved that we need to force more drop outs, it's that simple, we are not building pressure whatsoever. To not beat an Eels side whose ball handling was awful is really bad. Another soft try conceded in the 2nd half broke us again.

Latest posts