What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

epDragon62

First Grade
Plenty that played at the highest level and are now in various media commentary boxes all around the country and they are dim whits when it comes to the game.

The furore in the Manly v Knights game is a classic example Channel 9 saying it was play on nothing to see there and Fox blowing up big time and suggesting manly were duded.

Aitken did play well last game and got my MOM but 1 pass in how many years?

Lomax streets in front but happy to say Aitken showed more last game than he has for many seasons so Gitano should rejoice in that and not by dumping on a young fellow who is growing nicely into his role in the side.

Nicely put OT. Aitken totally lost me over time and Git's endless carry on had been annoying...

Credit to Aitken that he has been much improved and had a good game against the Raiders.

If he continues to improve I will be very happy for EA but it's been too long coming to see him be more upside than downside.

Lomax is really developing very well and showing us some of his potential.

All this highlights to me the problem is the coaching, no doubt now heavily influenced by Flanagan.

BLM01

First Grade
Nicely put OT. Aitken totally lost me over time and Git's endless carry on had been annoying...

Credit to Aitken that he has been much improved and had a good game against the Raiders.

If he continues to improve I will be very happy for EA but it's been too long coming to see him be more upside than downside.

All this highlights to me the problem is the coaching, no doubt now heavily influenced by Flanagan.
EA playing for a contract somewhere if not us
no one should be surprised that’s what they do when they are threatened with NRL Extinction

Gitano said the other day how he probably is better as a left-hand centre and more suited there
but was singing his praises as a right hand centre...
So which is it?
I must say I’ve never seen EA set up a try like Lomax started and finished for himself the other day in fact the try that EA burst through and setup has been about his first Like that for how many years?
EA’s last 1 minute of fame Was when he stepped a non-fit Inglis 2 years ago and was touted for origin....that’s all she wrote

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
I didn't even bother watching on Friday. I never miss matches but I cannot enjoy the McGregor Dragons anymore. Not even I thought it would come this far.

Call me weak or disloyal but the last few years have demonstrated that the fans don't matter, and rather than compete, for some reason the club is satisfied with making up numbers. It is just biding time til the coach goes but clearly it is the management that is rotten. It may take decades for change.

Losing on the road to bigger and better things is fine.
Losing for the sake of convenience and loyalty to players and coaches is not something I will be part of.

What happen to the one month review of McGregor? Another scheme to quieten the fans. Now beating the Titans is the definition of success for our club.

Pathetic, so sick of the gutless board.

Belta

Juniors
I didn't even bother watching on Friday. I never miss matches but I cannot enjoy the McGregor Dragons anymore. Not even I thought it would come this far.

Call me weak or disloyal but the last few years have demonstrated that the fans don't matter, and rather than compete, for some reason the club is satisfied with making up numbers. It is just biding time til the coach goes but clearly it is the management that is rotten. It may take decades for change.

Losing on the road to bigger and better things is fine.
Losing for the sake of convenience and loyalty to players and coaches is not something I will be part of.

What happen to the one month review of McGregor? Another scheme to quieten the fans. Now beating the Titans is the definition of success for our club.

Pathetic, so sick of the gutless board.

I’ll say I don’t direct any blame or feel you are disloyal after what has been dished up lately. I think it has to go both ways, the players need to put in 100% and the board owe it to the fans to react when their is long periods of unsatisfactory performances. I’ve lost a considerable amount of interest myself, to the degree that I I wasn’t going to watch the Roosters game as I wanted to save myself the frustration and inevitable despair. I succumbed and watched that game and also the Raiders game. Its not much I know but lately I do detect an improvement in the attitude of the players. There’s a few subtle changes to our style of play that I liked, however overall with , results the same I’m resigned to the fact this is nothing more than a gap year, maybe even two gap years. This year all I can realistically hope for is to see some positive areas that they we can build on. Im looking at the fact we could possibly spend the Friz money and JDB money (pending on that outcome) and do a mini rebuild and recalibrate and start again. That’s my main reason for watching now, I’m not even stressed when we lose.

Old Timer

Coach
Excellent investigation. You’re right on top of this. Well done. Seriously. Who cares.
If Samy says he works for the club or if Old Timer says he saw Provan play or if you say you have friends then let’s just take all of that on face value and move on.

I’m an astronaut.
Well with you being an astronaut you would certainly know you have some real space cadets lining up in this place to follow in your footsteps.

In fact most of the coaching staff also qualify.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

And that pass to setup Dufty was just a shovel on. I haven’t seen him ever put footwork on someone, pull the winger in and fire out to setup our winger. He’s a powerful runner no doubt maybe he’s suited more to back row.

hazzbeen

Bench
And that pass to setup Dufty was just a shovel on. I haven’t seen him ever put footwork on someone, pull the winger in and fire out to setup our winger. He’s a powerful runner no doubt maybe he’s suited more to back row.
Yea said the same before , good runner of the ball can't setup anyone ( very rare ) doesn't read a sliding defense , well .... So put him in the forwards where he doesn't have to pass the ball , tuck it under his arm and just run ..... Won't have to read the defense , more one on one tackles ...... Go Aitken play him as we do with Fritz now , a battering ram ....

Old Timer

Coach
In fairness to EA it was much better than just a shovel on it was actually a well constructed draw and very good quality pass.

Aitken's small stature and very muscular square build are never going to make things easy for him as he just lacks dexterity and suppleness.

People are correct in saying he is best at front on situations and that doesn't help a winger or support player in the slightest.

The game is changing with small, strong, fast men working well in the centre so maybe he can survive by changing position and it is worth looking at now but if we wait till season end then opportunity lost IMO.