What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I hope Max goes better than last time. Looks like a pretty good side on paper. Hopefully Hunt picks up exactly from where he left off.
This should have been the experiment game instead of last week. I would have went with a 4 forward bench and spread their minutes.
I thought he looked great last year, he will be fine. He wont add Rava levels of ball return but he can hit hard himself and can find the line so I don't think we lose much.

denis preston

First Grade
I hope Max goes better than last time. Looks like a pretty good side on paper. Hopefully Hunt picks up exactly from where he left off.
This should have been the experiment game instead of last week. I would have went with a 4 forward bench and spread their minutes.

You know, players like Max play even better with better players around them so dont take Gospel of his ressies form. That has come from watching league for 64 years and hope !

denis preston

First Grade
As long as it's not that idiot Ashley Klein- last Sunday, defences were offside constantly, and he didn't blow a 6 again until 26 minutes had elapsed. He then stopped a play the ball for no reason at all, ran away and came back and said - ok continue.
Come on. The reality is far beyond referees decisions. Good sides perform beyond the penalty count and it always , always even itself out.

possm

Coach
I don't think there will be much change to the 17 selected. I'm sure Griffin likes bring his young backs through on the wing and so this is Max Feagai's chance to show his stuff.

I like the Bird / Hunt halves combination but this will block the development of Sullivan. If Max does well I think we will see Max Feagai to 3 when Ravalawa returns and Bird to 12 and Sullivan at 6. Norman should dropped to reserve grade had hopefully, a desperate team will pick him up for the rest of the season.

Some of our squad with contracts ending in 2021 will be offered an extension with a pay cut. Some will go elsewhere and others will play reserve grade.

Dragon David

First Grade
This game against the Tigers will be a tough one - we want to win of course but so do the Tigers and the with all of the media attention on Maguire and the players, they will be intent to stop their losing trend. Even the players have got together "Earlier today, around a dozen Tigers players reportedly met at a pub for an afternoon of soul-searching after notching their sixth loss, a dismal 40-6 showing to Manly, from seven games this season."

Illusion

Bench
This game against the Tigers will be a tough one - we want to win of course but so do the Tigers and the with all of the media attention on Maguire and the players, they will be intent to stop their losing trend. Even the players have got together "Earlier today, around a dozen Tigers players reportedly met at a pub for an afternoon of soul-searching after notching their sixth loss, a dismal 40-6 showing to Manly, from seven games this season."
I have no doubt they will turn up .... Let's hope we turn up more .....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thia game could come down to as simple as who scores (try) first.

They score and their spirits will lift.
We score and their spirits may just capitulate.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Message for The Coach.....can you take Mr Kerr aside and tell him that before to much longer he is going to get pinged for not playing the ball correctly....he has this nasty habit of just rolling the ball back under his foot.....I hope it doesnt cost us the game in a tight one one day

Crush

Coach
They are sticking with BJ and Jimmy the Jet as their centres?
Our game plan has to be to get the ball in Lomax and Birds hands. Those two Tigers centres are lazy AF!

epDragon62

First Grade
I was impressed with Billy Burns on Sunday.

I'm feeling a little uneasy about this one Tigpies always seem to fire up against us, plus they are under all sorts of pressure at the moment could very well come out all guns blazing.
What impressed you?

I was disappointed but forgiving as it was his first hitout with our NRL side.

BLM01

First Grade
Message for The Coach.....can you take Mr Kerr aside and tell him that before to much longer he is going to get pinged for not playing the ball correctly....he has this nasty habit of just rolling the ball back under his foot.....I hope it doesnt cost us the game in a tight one one day
He certainly has plenty of friends there as a lot of forwards are doing it... another supposed crack down now glossed over.

BLM01

First Grade
What impressed you?

I was disappointed but forgiving as it was his first hitout with our NRL side.
His energy and work around the ball supporting
others. Showed a bit of mongrel in attack and defence. Yes he missed a couple of tackles and made errors but did not look out of place to me.

Latest posts