What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Knights - Discussion + Voting.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
You never said anything about preseasons. You said none of the players are even familiar with the Broncos and how they play which is incorrect as I pointed out in Watene's case

Big Pete

Referee
Did I really have to be THAT clear?

I'm sure I don't have to educate you on how important a preseason is?

Or how bringing those from outside the official first grade squad does little to solve a club's problem?

8Ball

First Grade
Lockyer crap in this game?

I must have been watching a different game of football. He was very solid in defence tonight. Threw the last pass for 3 of our 4 tries. Gave Folau a lot of good early ball... He made the odd mistake (getting caught on the last early in the game, and the inside ball to Kemp) but in almost all the opportunities we had to get back in the match late in the game, the dummy half would choose to go the other way even when Lockyer was clearly calling for it eg. Parker's chip and chase, Glenn running the blindside. Then there was Norman's inexplicable kick.

All in all, I thought he had a good game. Certainly far better than last week's effort.

3. Te'o
2. Thaiday
1. Lockyer

Knightmare

Coach
Lockyer tried, but doesn't have the personnel around him to back him up. It must be frustrating for him. I know I would pissed off if I were him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
He did make 40 tackles..

I'll take back the lazy comment then. He still did nothing in attack. He hit the line with less pace than Petero, with nowhere near the impact.

On Hunt, I think he showed improvement. He's got a long way to go, but I still have faith. Big Pete is right about Teo, he pushed too many offloads that just weren't on. Parker was in this boat too.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Typical Bronco supporters though lose a few and its the worst side ever. Start winning and you're unstoppable. :roll:

You'll find most fans are like this regardless of who they support. Probably even a few in your beloved Qcup. But if you don't consider yourself a Broncos fan, you could probably just f**k off. I don't think anyone will miss your egotistic, self righteous rants.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Thaiday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dodds every week so far, but that hasn't stopped you from giving your hero points over Thaiday has it?

Dodds was better than him last night. Kept putting guys on their arses and ran hard. If you have at a look at last week and possibly the week before, I'm pretty sure I gave Thaiday points and Dodds 0. I'm more neutral than pretty well all of you considering I don't support the side.

cornerposter

Juniors
Dodds was better than him last night. Kept putting guys on their arses and ran hard.
He made half as many runs as Sam, but certainly tackled his ass off while he was out there. Dodds was real good in his first stint, but was quieter in his 2nd effort.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Dodds was better than him last night. Kept putting guys on their arses and ran hard.
Made less metres, broke less tackles, the only thing he has going for him is a higher tackle count. He went missing in the second half when Thaiday was the only one who stood up. Thaiday did so much more in attack, and was just as handy in defence.

Seagullsrock said:
If you have at a look at last week and possibly the week before, I'm pretty sure I gave Thaiday points and Dodds 0. I'm more neutral than pretty well all of you considering I don't support the side.

Wrong. The only time you have given Thaiday any points is in round 5 when he dominated the Dragons' left side defence.

Dazzat

First Grade
So far Dodds is a dud. Let's get this rotation of young props underway ... bring back Maguire and give Hala a run.

If we can get Kenny, Tronc and Anderson on the park, there's really only one spot left for a young guy ... so make them earn their spot. You go missing in the second half, you go missing in the next game altogether.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think Dodds has been a dud, in fact I think he's getting better with each match and his defence is a highlight. Kenny is back this week which should see Lui demoted to the Toyota Cup.

beads6

First Grade
I don't think Dodds has been a dud, in fact I think he's getting better with each match and his defence is a highlight. Kenny is back this week which should see Lui demoted to the Toyota Cup.

I agree, Dodds gets me going now, he is very hard working prop who defends superbly. Lets see him improve each week and he could be a real star for us.

cornerposter

Juniors
You go missing in the second half, you go missing in the next game altogether.
While he didn't exactly go missing in the 2nd half, he was quieter. IMO he spent too much time on the bench before heading back out for his second stint, it f**ked with his momentum / rhythm / mojo.
Like Beads & Pete, I reckon the lads showing improvement each week so hopefully he maintains the rage.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I agree, Dodds gets me going now, he is very hard working prop who defends superbly. Lets see him improve each week and he could be a real star for us.

I agree. I wouldn't have his love child like SR, but he is certainly an asset in defence.

johnnyg

Juniors
While he didn't exactly go missing in the 2nd half, he was quieter. IMO he spent too much time on the bench before heading back out for his second stint, it f**ked with his momentum / rhythm / mojo.
Like Beads & Pete, I reckon the lads showing improvement each week so hopefully he maintains the rage.

I also agree, I thought Dodds played pretty well last night. Improving each week.

I even feel that Ben Hunt (when he had the confidence to run abit and challenge the line instead of just spoon feeding it to Lockyer every play) looked good.

Give them time, they're only kids and in time they'll grow in confidence and form combination's. Now we just need to try and keep them together.

beads6

First Grade

I agree Dodds was on the bench for far too long. Our interchanges have been all wrong so far this season.

Lycon79

Juniors
3.Sam - career best form should be first second rower picked for OZ and QLD

2. Teo - Would have got 3 points if not for the couple of pushed passes under pressure solid defence and good hard running

1. Dodds - stinging defence at times improved by leaps and bounds from last week

This game showed how valuable McCullough is out of dummy half IMO