What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

franklin2323

Immortal
Mansour was rested for a reason, though. He had a slight leg injury. Not sure we’re going to see fully fit players rested, unless it’s clear we’re in the top 4.

It isn’t a Normal season though. Naden needed to get a game under his belt. 5 weeks in now plenty of guys with a niggle that can be rested.

The healthest team will win the comp. Resting guys fixes this and gives back up gametime

Kilkenny

Coach
If we take the West Tigers lightly then we will get what we surely deserve. I don’t think we’ll underestimate or take them lightly our biggest worry is the players continuing to play at a high level, eventually you are going to put in a lower level of performance.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is how I see it. Choose a game and rest guys. Kikau and the forwards you can start off the bench or less gametime to do it.

Key is keeping them fit for finals

Don’t put the cart before the horse. A lot can happen between now and finals time, we are far from guaranteed a top 8 spot.

It isn’t a Normal season though. Naden needed to get a game under his belt. 5 weeks in now plenty of guys with a niggle that can be rested.

The healthest team will win the comp. Resting guys fixes this and gives back up gametime

Anyway, Canterbury Cup starts in a few weeks so it won’t be an issue much longer.

I wouldn’t be resting any key players unless we had top 4 locked up.

If they have a 50/50 injury that might be different, but otherwise no.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just listened to James Tamou’s interview on our main website which was largely about the Jack Hetherington loan situation. He really has grown and developed in his time with us, his media skills have improved considerably and you have to think he has developed into a real leader. It is a really big call for the club’s retention/recruitment team in respect of what they do with Tamou. I don’t blame him for seeking a longer deal that the 1 year we are allegedly offering him but at the same time he is still doing a really good job and perhaps we could stretch it too two years?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just listened to James Tamou’s interview on our main website which was largely about the Jack Hetherington loan situation. He really has grown and developed in his time with us, his media skills have improved considerably and you have to think he has developed into a real leader. It is a really big call for the club’s retention/recruitment team in respect of what they do with Tamou. I don’t blame him for seeking a longer deal that the 1 year we are allegedly offering him but at the same time he is still doing a really good job and perhaps we could stretch it too two years?

I totally agree with what your saying. I'd like them to offer him a year with a 2nd option if he meets certain goals (performance stuff).

But in saying that I will go along with the rentention committee's decisions.

His media skillset shows heaps of growth, as does Yeo and a number of other players.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was interesting to hear Tamou make comment on Jack being one of the fastest players in the club.

I remember reading, during this pre season (prior to Covid 19) his sprint times over 40 metres were up there with the fastest in the club. Interesting. He is also up there in other benchmarks as well. He is a keeper, just needs a run of games to really breakout and emerge as a top NRL player.

GongPanther

Referee
Think I saw some reports about Canterbury Cup resuming, does anyone know if that’s the case?

Otherwise the teams need to organise full on trials for the outer squad members. (I know they’ve played some 9’s)
The NSWRL has taken steps to ensure the game is the safest it has ever been after the introduction of COVID-19-safe and new concussion rules for the 2020 season.

The NSWRL is preparing for the return of Rugby League with community and senior teams able to return to training from 1 July with competitions cleared to start on 18 July.

“We understand that this has been a difficult year for everyone and we want to make sure that all our players, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators feel comfortable when we return to play,” NSWRL General Manager - Football, Barrie-Jon Mather said.

“The NSWRL has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to come up with the appropriate policies and procedures for COVID-19 and concussion, which are important health and safety concerns for everyone.

“I’m confident the game will be in good shape when we resume on 18 July and I look forward to all the action on the field.”

The COVID-19 safety guidelines for ‘Return to Play’ can be found on the NSWRL website (link) and includes important information for clubs, officials, volunteers and participants. Recommendations includes having a COVID-19 safety co-ordinator and a safety plan.

The NSWRL announced new concussion protocols earlier this year which include an 18th man concussion substitution and a mandatory stand down period of 14 days in the interests of player welfare and safety.

The COVID-19 pandemic forced the NSWRL to cancel a number of its 13 competitions but from 18 July the Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership, Sydney Shield and a President’s Cup, which will involve a blend of teams from regional NSW and Sydney, will all resume.

There has been a positive response for junior, senior and Blues Tag competitions with more than 90 per cent of clubs across the state successfully completing their COVID-19 safety training.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2020/06/29/new-guidelines-in-place-for-rugby-leagues-return/

Blade23

Juniors
Mansour was rested for a reason, though. He had a slight leg injury. Not sure we’re going to see fully fit players rested,

He could have played last week.
He was rested because his knee (the one he had an acl on) has been giving him soreness and his training has been affected the last few weeks. Nothing major, just a case of better to rest him so he can get a spell and do proper prep before something major happens.
He should be back this week.

We have other players carrying niggles. I am sure if they need a precautionary spell, it will be given.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He was rested because his knee (the one he had an acl on) has been giving him soreness and his training has been affected the last few weeks. Nothing major, just a case of better to rest him so he can get a spell and do proper prep before something major happens.

We have other players carrying niggles. I am sure if they need a precautionary spell, it will be given.

Do you think Tamou will be re-signed ?

Kilkenny

Coach
I totally agree with what your saying. I'd like them to offer him a year with a 2nd option if he meets certain goals (performance stuff).

But in saying that I will go along with the rentention committee's decisions.

His media skillset shows heaps of growth, as does Yeo and a number of other players.

I understand England is his least preferred option given his family situation.

He really want’s to stay at the Panthers but understandably a two year deal is the minimum he would be prepared to accept.

If it’s an injury situation, even slight, I can understand it for certain positions. But if someone is fit I don’t like the idea of resting for restings sake.

Latest posts