What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Wrap - milestones, ladder, etc

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Last completed round (round 8) gave us a new debutante, some new milestones, and with only one more round to play before the semis, it gave us a new competition leader.

The Warriors have been magnificent this year, having not lost a match and leading from the front. But all that changed in round 8 when they came up against last year's premiers the Titans.

The Bluebags won their encounter against Souths, which enabled them to leapfrog over the Warriors thanks to a better 'points for' column:

table_2009_08.gif

NB: Captains and everyone, please check figures and report any errors. Corrections can be made but have to be reported asap.

Round 8 summary

Winners: Eels, Titans, Panthers, Bluebags
Non-winners: Dragons, Warriors, Roosters, Rabbitohs
Bye: Cougars

http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/draw2009.php

Round 8 Milestones

Azkatro 60 first class games (40 Panthers, 14 Aust, 1 Anzac, 5 Qld) :clap: :clap:
Cheesie-the-Pirate 20 first class games (15 Bluebags, 4 GB&I, 1 Eng) :clap:

http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/history_players.php

Round 8 debutantes

hornbyslilhottie24 (Dragons)
Welcome to the F7s :thumn

The round ahead...

Round 9 is the final round before the semis. The top five seems to be decided but the minor premiership is still up for grabs. The Titans have the bye and will move up to 22 points, but the minor premiership should go to either the Warriors or the Bluebags.

Players movements are over for the season, and the premiership hopefuls are no doubt going up another gear.

Round 9: 16/8 – 26/8
Roosters v Bluebags - Sydney Football Stadium
Panthers v Dragons - Penrith Football Stadium
Rabbitohs v Warriors - Redfern Oval
Cougars v Eels - Western Weekender
Titans Bye

Good luck one and all

To the teams that won't be there in the semis, enjoy the celebrations and be sure to give the final combatants heaps from the sidelines. Good luck in 2010, hope to see you all go for another lap.

Long live rugby league. Long live the F7s!

Last edited:

Jesbass

First Grade
Great stuff, Willow. :cool:

A slight discrepancy - the Warriors have still lost 0, and have actually won 13... :sarcasm:

Well done to them bleedin' Newtown folk for taking the top spot yet again! Why I ought-a! :fist:

Here's hoping for a Roosters upset, eh what? :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great stuff, Willow. :cool:

A slight discrepancy - the Warriors have still lost 0, and have actually won 13... :sarcasm:
lol.

Bastard. You had me looking back the ladder for a check.

Jesbass said:
Well done to them bleedin' Newtown folk for taking the top spot yet again! Why I ought-a! :fist:

Here's hoping for a Roosters upset, eh what? :D
It's going to be a very tough match. Half the team is struck down by swine flu, our fullback is involved in some off-field scandal, and the CEO has been accused of arrogance after being seen talking to outworkers in a vietnamese sweatshop. I swear, it was only a fact finding mission and premiership t-shirts have NOT been ordered!

Jesbass

First Grade
Interesting that your CEo is being accused of being arrogant. Our captain has just declared him self Most Humble F7s Captain Ever. Quite a title, and fittingly modest for his Humble-ness!

We're low on numbers, too. Ray is honeymooning with his lady-boy friend in Thailand, and MiXmasterreece has led a player's revolt which has been aptly named "The Silent Majority"!

gorilla

First Grade
lol.

Bastard. You had me looking back the ladder for a check.

It's going to be a very tough match. Half the team is struck down by swine flu, our fullback is involved in some off-field scandal, and the CEO has been accused of arrogance after being seen talking to outworkers in a vietnamese sweatshop. I swear, it was only a fact finding mission and premiership t-shirts have NOT been ordered!

I would personally like to deny that I have never been involved in, well, much at all ...... at any particular time, or place, with anyone identified or brought before the judicial system, or even (for that matter brought before the courts in Austria) married to anyone who required the services of a solicitor - well, at least a representative of the public defenders' office or legal aid, despite discussion in the local media about involvement with circus performers, animal handlers or trainers, let alone the perception that there has been an implication of untoward involvement concerning, or about the status of my relationship, with the [name omitted on relquest of solicitor] as a part of the internet expose on behavioust psychiatry testing.

there - is that fairly clear ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's a certain team of old blokes in F7's parlance that have crept into the finals for the first time since 2006, and they are going to catch a few people by surprise.

Mostly because they humbly strut around wearing nothing but sunglasses.

Beware the sunglasses!

bartman

Immortal
Not a biggie W, but in the players history there are two phantom eels, bothe debuting this year... Probably my fault for capitalising where I shouldn't have on a team sheet.

There's a certain team of old blokes in F7's parlance that have crept into the finals for the first time since 2006, and they are going to catch a few people by surprise.

Mostly because they humbly strut around wearing nothing but sunglasses.

Beware the sunglasses!

And they will play a team who hasn't appeared in finals in a long time as well. ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Just a thought regarding the archives of previous seasons on the F7s website...

In looking back at 2008 today for reference, I might be wrong but one thing we're not preserving is the final competition table of each year?

I think it would be a good addition from here on in, if possible.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's all there.

I made an image archive of every ladder for almost every round since early 2004. I started doing it around the time the F7s (forumsevens.com) website was started in 2004.

I only missed rounds 2 & 3 in 2006.

You will find them in the draw webpages for each year. Look for the ladder links.

bartman

Immortal
Ah, thanks W. That's excellent.

I just didn't see the Ladder links when I was looking.

It's probably possible to "rebuild" those two missing ladders from the information on hand - let me know if that's something you'd think is useful for completeness, and I'm sure I could knock something up in the off-season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah, thanks W. That's excellent.

I just didn't see the Ladder links when I was looking.

It's probably possible to "rebuild" those two missing ladders from the information on hand - let me know if that's something you'd think is useful for completeness, and I'm sure I could knock something up in the off-season.
I'm sure you could bart. ;-)

I never worried too much about it - missing two ladder rounds in six years. But by all means add 'em up and we'll work from there.

bartman

Immortal
Ok, since I'm bored and it takes all of two seconds..

Round 2 2006

Panthers 2 2 0 0 10 857 584 273 4
Raiders 2 2 0 0 10 871 781 90 4
Eels 2 2 0 0 10 864 849 15 4
Knights 2 1 1 0 10 860 773 87 2
Sharks 2 1 1 0 10 825 763 62 2
Warriors 2 1 1 0 10 839 840 -1 2
Bluebags 2 1 1 0 10 850 832 18 2
Lions 2 0 2 0 9 775 843 -68 0
Rabbitohs 2 0 2 0 9 742 862 -120 0
Pirates 2 0 2 0 6 515 871 -356 0

bartman

Immortal
Round 3 2006

Panthers 3 3 0 0 15 1289 1010 279 6
Eels 3 3 0 0 15 1299 1253 46 6
Raiders 3 2 1 0 15 1297 1113 84 4
Bluebags 3 2 1 0 15 1274 1255 19 4
Knights 3 1 1 1 15 1285 1198 87 3
Warriors 3 1 1 1 15 1264 1265 -1 3
Sharks 3 1 2 0 15 1229 1198 31 2
Rabbitohs 3 1 2 0 14 1167 1286 -119 2
Lions 3 0 3 0 14 1199 1268 -69 0
Pirates 3 0 3 0 11 938 1295 -357 0

bartman

Immortal
:lol: On occasion I'm a completeness freak T, and in a calculations mood thanks to work at the moment.