What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - Cowboys 3, 2, 1

Valheru

Coach
3 teddy
2 SST
1 Ikuvalu

We looked ripe for the picking for most the first half but cowboys suck and the lads decided to play for 25 minutes and blow them away.

We just need to navigate the next 6 weeks getting our fair share of wns while managing the workload of the squad so we are primed for another tilt come October.

Our schedule has been brutal lately, not just the opponents but the travel and short turn arounds.

After next week we get a 9 day break leading in to warriors then titans then dragons.

Headless Chook

Juniors
We had every right to lose that game going into half time in what was a pretty scrappy first half. The Cows at that stage were in it up to their necks until kaboom, we decided enough was enough. A very good win all things considered.

3. SST
2. Teddy
1. Ikuvalu

3 teddy
2 SST
1 Ikuvalu

We looked ripe for the picking for most the first half but cowboys suck and the lads decided to play for 25 minutes and blow them away.

We just need to navigate the next 6 weeks getting our fair share of wns while managing the workload of the squad so we are primed for another tilt come October.

Our schedule has been brutal lately, not just the opponents but the travel and short turn arounds.

After next week we get a 9 day break leading in to warriors then titans then dragons.

We’re the adversity club!
3. SST
2. Teddy
1. Iku
Special mentions to young Lam playing in an unfamiliar role. Interesting reading a Robbo interview where he said he’s had Lam up in the coach’s box with him lately to study the game from a different perspective.

3 points: Siosiua Taukeiaho. In the first half when we were playing poor, he kept plugging away and he set up a great try to Toupounia with a great flick pass. 18 runs for 193 meters, 71 post contact meters, 36 tackles, 1 line break and 1 try assist. Outstanding.

2 points: James Tedesco. 17 runs for 211 meters, 5 tackles, 2 line breaks, 4 line break assists and 4 try assists. Brilliant.

1 point: Matt Ikuvalu. A quintet of tries. First Roosters player to do that in 65 years.

I agree with:

1. SST
2. Teddy
3. Ikuvalu

Lam did well and I was pleased for him that he was able to adapt and take his opportunity with both hands. That will certainly keep him in good stead going forward. Our back up forwards also did well when JWH had to finish the game prematurely.

I am very much looking forward to Canberra on Thursday now - two battered teams meeting. It will be a test of character, although I like our chances, especially given that we will be back at the fortress SCG for the first time this year.

Latest posts