What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sharks

murraymob

First Grade
Being a life long panther supporter from the age of 2 and from the start I always expect to win .Even during the years the club was being built and we could not afford anyone.I still.beleived we would win .

The_Frog

First Grade
Start of every year a bet is made with a eels supporting buddy on who will finish higher on the ladder .yes I always believe it is out year every year
I had this bet with a Dragons supporter mate. Started at $1, double or nothing each year. It got to $64 before it was cleared. Currently he owes me $8.

murraymob

First Grade
I had this bet with a Dragons supporter mate. Started at $1, double or nothing each year. It got to $64 before it was cleared. Currently he owes me $8.
Our bets have ranged from a carton of beer to the loser having to run nude down the opposing clubs Main Street in his case it was the mall in parramatta .glad I won that year lol

age.s

First Grade
We haven't won shit so...

This is the part that's scary though. It feels like we have, or we're about to do so for a very long time. When the best we were hoping for was sneaking into the 8 the expectation of a long term dynasty wasn't something we could have comprehended. Now we've gotten a taste of the forbidden fruit of genuine hope, if the fall comes it will be a pain we (or at least I) have never known.

Vicpanther

Juniors
This is the part that's scary though. It feels like we have, or we're about to do so for a very long time. When the best we were hoping for was sneaking into the 8 the expectation of a long term dynasty wasn't something we could have comprehended. Now we've gotten a taste of the forbidden fruit of genuine hope, if the fall comes it will be a pain we (or at least I) have never known.
The years after our last premiership wer heart breaking. I honestly believed we could have gone back 2 back

Munky

Coach
The years after our last premiership wer heart breaking. I honestly believed we could have gone back 2 back

We could have done so in 2004 but injuries and suspension meant the bench was pure reserve grade quality.

The starter's easily put 24 on St George in rapid time in a final but could barely hold on for the win.

The Dogs just ground us down in the prelim.

2005 we were just to big and then the team fell apart.

GongPanther

Referee
For me, the journey is far more satisfying than the destination. A GF win is just a cherry on top of a successful season.

panthersam

Juniors
For me, the journey is far more satisfying than the destination. A GF win is just a cherry on top of a successful season.

Yeah it really doesn’t make much sense that if you don’t win the one specific game then everything else seems to be forgotten.

The_Frog

First Grade
The starter's easily put 24 on St George in rapid time in a final but could barely hold on for the win.
That Dragons side were renowned for starting badly. They had us on the ropes in the last 20 but seemed to think they could score at any time. In the end a huge defensive effort kept them out.

We were no match for the Dogs in the prelim though.

roofromoz

First Grade

We have won 25 of the last 26 matches, which is insane, but with a MASSIVE disclaimer with respect to the one loss in that run.

roofromoz

First Grade
That Dragons side were renowned for starting badly. They had us on the ropes in the last 20 but seemed to think they could score at any time. In the end a huge defensive effort kept them out.

We were no match for the Dogs in the prelim though.

Wesser getting sin binned didn't help, but yes, overpowered in the second half.

Latest posts