What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
I'd be filthy if I was a Saints' fan.

I'm glad it wasn't, but if I try to remove my bias, Head should have been awarded a try, no question.

I say no try and i had money on the Dragons. Head is an idiot.

badav

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
how do u know that ???? what makes u think tigers still wouldnt have come back???????? even if he did score the score would have only been 12/14-6 thats hardley a huge lead with 30 mins too go

Momentum is a huge part of football matches and that Matt Head dropped ball was the turning point of the game. To bomb a try and have the opposition team score on the next set is a 10 point turnaround. Thats when the heads (no pun intended) and confidence go down and the other team gets a roll on.

Head shouldnt have been awarded a try. As much as he may have deserved it he didnt put it down properly and that was the only decision that could be made.

wittyfan

Referee
Fulton and Morris in the halves are dynamite. Not since Witty has Morris gelled with someone so well.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Have to give a wrap to Jason Ryles - thanks for the two penalties and knock on.

Does this guy think he's wearing a Tigers jersey everytime he plays us?

DeeGan

Bench
How long before Lawrence is hailed the new messiah for Wests? ;-)

What a good little player this kid is and doesn't he have some speed. Scored a double last week (one really good effort) and just crossed for another spectacular try (long range effort).

Well played Tigers.

Another junior find on their hands.

Gee I feel sorry for Matt Head, that must of felt really bad, and worse when we scored on the set from it. Great final 15 from the boys and a good win.

Eddie.

Bench
I was at the game and for mine Head had to be awarded that try, and i am a massive Tigers fan.

Maybe the replay on the big screen looked different, however it looked like he certainly had a finger or two on it and should of at least got the benfit of the doubt. Would of made it 14-6 and Tigers having to play catch.

In saying that, The Tigers looked much the better team all afternoon and had Stanley not got an intercept Saints could of been on the ropes long before the final 15 minutes.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Eddie. said:
I was at the game and for mine Head had to be awarded that try, and i am a massive Tigers fan.

Maybe the replay on the big screen looked different, however it looked like he certainly had a finger or two on it and should of at least got the benfit of the doubt. Would of made it 14-6 and Tigers having to play catch.

In saying that, The Tigers looked much the better team all afternoon and had Stanley not got an intercept Saints could of been on the ropes long before the final 15 minutes.

Funny, I can't see a difference between the disallowed Head try & the one awarded to Kearney against us a few weeks back. A bit of consistency would be appreciated.

12 pointer, that.

Anyway, regardless, Saints didn't deserve to win.

There's only been one good game all weekend - the knights game...

Munky

Coach
I hat the downward pressure rule.

Head clearly didn't have control and anywhere else on the field it would have been a knock on yet in the ingoal we are debating whether it should be try.

They really need to look at the rules regarding the grounding of the ball.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Munky said:
I hat the downward pressure rule.

Head clearly didn't have control and anywhere else on the field it would have been a knock on yet in the ingoal we are debating whether it should be try.

They really need to look at the rules regarding the grounding of the ball.

I agree, all I'm saying is that the rule has to be enforced across the board.

Benefit of the doubt, my arse...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I don't think he had downward 'pressure' on the ball, but he probably still had a finger tip on it, but i think it was probably the correct decision.

Another solid, but not great game, by the Tigers. Our defence was pretty good, and a few great efforts from our usual suspects.

Southernsaint

Staff member
tiger pride said:
I don't think he had downward 'pressure' on the ball, but he probably still had a finger tip on it, but i think it was probably the correct decision.

Another solid, but not great game, by the Tigers. Our defence was pretty good, and a few great efforts from our usual suspects.

"Probably" = not certain = doubt

TRY ;-)

super_coach

First Grade
Like Eddie I was at the game,to me it was a try for all money,big big turn around in the game.
But gee the drags just dont seem to have any ideas,they are putting in effort but its all one out stuff. The tigers were ripe for the taking today and in the end won in a canter