What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9: Wests Tigers v St.George Illawarra BITCH FEST: Pre Game

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Is that the one where the Wests Tigers Fanatics compared themselves to LIverpool's Kop End??

Yep, and according to Brooksy, fat people were barred from the Kop !!! :oops:

dragonfire

Bench
this is a pretty funny thread, pretty much no posts concetrating on the weekends game. It is funny to see how much theTigers like to bring up the 05 win. Good on them i say, keep living the dream. Thats the worst thing about the last couple years for me, the Dragons arguably had the best roster for the last 2 years but at the same time they never turned up to play when it really counted. I think 05 was the year that it really did get away. But thats what happens in team sports.

Onto this weekends game looking forward to it, shaping up to be an exciting match. Dragons have finally won a match and have pretty much our full strength team on the paddock. I hope win/lose we can improve on little things in our game and hopefully Wooldford does pass his fitness test for a late inclusion. The tigers have been in great form, similar to 2005 but this week they have lost couple big players although i have heard there is a guy called T'eo or something who will rip us a new one. Hopefully it is a close highscoring match

The Preacher

First Grade
dragonfire said:
Hopefully it is a close highscoring match

Bullsh!t Dragonfire, I hope we lead them 60-0 and have the "mercy rule" invoked to save further embarrassment.
They may be funny to talk to, but we still want to smack their arses.:D

Hutty1986

Immortal
TIGERPies said:
LOL Ryles? MOM

And pigs might fly

Tigers 32 -8
Farrah MOM

HAHAHAHAHA, coming from the bloke whose avatar shows Ryles beating the sh*t out of the Tigers player :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nook

Bench
Some of the Dragons fans on this thread are classics. Just can't take a bit of good natured banter.

Surrender tackles, Bradburys, Tigers fans with chips on their shoulders...all the old chestnuts. :lol: So much pain.

Sadly (for them:lol:) even the most ardent Dragons critics of the Tigers' tactics/performances would swap any St George season since 1980 for the Tigers' season in 2005.

I still think it was a great game, that semi. That atmosphere...wow. At half time, at a packed house, when we were up by a bit and about to play 40 minutes of footy with a decent crack at making the bigtime...that is what being a Rugby League fan is all about. That we lucky Tigers fans got to experience on the back of such an awesome season (probably RL's most successful ever in Australia) and after so many years without hope made it even sweeter. Doesn't get any better.

Nook

Bench
Phonetic,

Have Tigers fans not shown themselves to be amongst the most ungracious supporters in the comp throughout this thread?

Ungracious? A few of us are having a laugh mate, nothing more, and certainly nothing serious.

To the extent that there is a bit of edge to it, in my case (and apparently in the case of some other Tigers fans who have posted in this thread) it has to do with the amount of genuinely ungracious (and at times just offensive) gob we copped from a large number of Dragons fans on the way into the stadium that night. Just another one of the elements that made the night and the win so unforgettable.

If anything I'd say there are more sore losers in this thread than ungracious winners...

taxidriver

Coach
hey tiges fans.

stop wasting time on this message board.

fill 'er up and check the tyres while you're at it.

super_coach

First Grade
As a wests-tiger man I can remember our last title win,if you wre a dragon man you would have to have a bloody good memory to remember your last title win,did they have colour tv than??
As for the joint venture,well you dont have to try and remember,because you have choked more times than greg norman

gregstar

Referee
super_coach said:
As a wests-tiger man I can remember our last title win,if you wre a dragon man you would have to have a bloody good memory to remember your last title win,.....
i remember our last win. our last two titles in fact. how about you?
super_coach said:
did they have colour tv than??
yep - and people back then knew the difference between then & than.
super_coach said:
As for the joint venture,well you dont have to try and remember,because you have choked more times than greg norman
dude - you've won one title since 1969. and that's assuming you're of the balmain variety. tell me about that glory trail.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nook said:
Phonetic,

Ungracious? A few of us are having a laugh mate, nothing more, and certainly nothing serious.

To the extent that there is a bit of edge to it, in my case (and apparently in the case of some other Tigers fans who have posted in this thread) it has to do with the amount of genuinely ungracious (and at times just offensive) gob we copped from a large number of Dragons fans on the way into the stadium that night. Just another one of the elements that made the night and the win so unforgettable.

If anything I'd say there are more sore losers in this thread than ungracious winners...

I can see that there were plenty of dickheads there that night but its pretty stupid to put ALL Dragons fans in the same category, dont you think?

aids

Bench
gregstar said:
i remember our last win. our last two titles in fact. how about you?yep - and people back then knew the difference between then & than. dude - you've won one title since 1969. and that's assuming you're of the balmain variety. tell me about that glory trail.

i went for the maggies when we collected the spoon in 98 and 99
i was at cambelltown when we got thrashed, i think the last magpies home game against the raiders, with about 3,000-4,000 people.

the most success i've seen from a club was getting bumped out in the semi's during the early 90's.

so 05 was a great year, even last year was ok.
beating the premiers with a bunch of high school kids.
this year looks ok as well.

aids

Bench
Hutty1986 said:
I can see that there were plenty of dickheads there that night but its pretty stupid to put ALL Dragons fans in the same category, dont you think?

if you're not a dickhead then he wasn't talking about you
:)

Latest posts