What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round of 16 discussion

Pommy

Coach
I’m so glad we won that way now. This new generation of players now doesn’t have that pressure hanging over them if the situation ever arises again. Nobody really believes football is coming home but I do think we have a good foundation to build on from here who knows where it could be in Qatar.

Smack

Coach
I’m so glad we won that way now. This new generation of players now doesn’t have that pressure hanging over them if the situation ever arises again. Nobody really believes football is coming home but I do think we have a good foundation to build on from here who knows where it could be in Qatar.

Why are you not confident in this tournament?

Pommy

Coach
Why are you not confident in this tournament?

I just think there’s better teams on the other side of the draw, and I’ve had 33 years of crushing failure. I do think we have a very good shout of making the final from here though.

JJ

Immortal
5/5 on target for the Poms, one excellent save each and a Colombian misses by inches... new narrative for the English

Excellent shoot out by England, who'd have thunk it LOL

Smack

Coach
I just think there’s better teams on the other side of the draw, and I’ve had 33 years of crushing failure. I do think we have a very good shout of making the final from here though.

Who do you prefer in the semi?

Pommy

Coach
Who do you prefer in the semi?

I think Croatia are the better team but the home support shouldn’t be ignored.
I have said all along Russia will win the 3rd place game so if we make it to the semi that would mean we would have won.

Need to beat Sweden first though and it really needs to be convincing as well.

Haffa

Mutant cousins sending me a video of garbage trucks being overturned outside a pub in Richmond (Richmond ffs). The Toffball crowd won’t be happy when they wake up.

ggmu

Juniors
Had to listen to the shoot out on sbs radio on my way to work. Shout out to the “expert” commentary before the shoot out started.

Clint Bolton: Not sure how Ospina will go in this as he has been on the bench for Man United all season..........or is it Chelsea he plays for.

Other guy: Maybe Arsenal, I’m not sure.

Bolton: Possibly Arsenal, I’m confused.

Haffa

Who could forget the wanky oooooosssspiiiinnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa when he takes a goal kick at The Emirates?

Pommy

Coach
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/fifa-runs-out-of-patience-with-maradona

Maradona has made a total show of himself at this World Cup.

Colombia could have won that game if they had tried to play football rather than dick around for the first 90 minutes and push the ref to his limits. How the players or Maradona can try to blame the result on the ref is a joke.
I hope the Colombian team go home watch the game back and feel ashamed of themselves.
I also will say not all the England players were innocent (Henderson springs to mind) but I do feel they were drawn in to the f**king around that went on by the Colombians.

JJ

Immortal
Maradona is perhaps the greatest international footballer ever, and one of the greatest footballers ever full stop - I loved watching him play... everything else is a bit of a joke though... just a bit of a clown

Colombia shot themselves in the foot, real shame James couldn't play...

England have to be more creative if they ate going to challenge though, maybe next time is the better chance, although they couldn't hope for a better draw (Sweden and Croatia will be thinking the same though)

Tommy Smith

Referee
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/fifa-runs-out-of-patience-with-maradona

Maradona has made a total show of himself at this World Cup.

Colombia could have won that game if they had tried to play football rather than dick around for the first 90 minutes and push the ref to his limits. How the players or Maradona can try to blame the result on the ref is a joke.
I hope the Colombian team go home watch the game back and feel ashamed of themselves.
I also will say not all the England players were innocent (Henderson springs to mind) but I do feel they were drawn in to the f**king around that went on by the Colombians.
Colombia were an absolute disgrace and brought shame upon their country.

We had a couple of moments, but as you said they were purely reactionary to their BS.

One of the best saves I've ever seen if it was going in.

Shame it'll be largely forgotten.

Though his penalty save was a screamer too.

He is probably a tad underrated (despite going for a huge fee 12 months ago). As an Everton fan I see him play a lot, and he was probably the main reason we finished top half this season. He conceded a lot of goals but that happens when you have defenders like Ashley Williams in front of him. Sunderland would have been relegated by Christmas the season before had he not been there.

He did fantastic against Colombia, especially considering the English press are always looking for their scapegoats and he is a young player in a position that is easy to make into the scapegoat.

Latest posts