What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round Two: Pearl Jam vs Midnight Oil

Who is better?

• Midnight Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anonymous

Juniors
Pearl Jam
Pioneers of grunge.

P21062X48K1.jpg

More Songs:
- Betterman
- I Am Mine
- Love Boat Captain

Midnight Oil
Political pub-rockers.

P03018WN08K.jpg

More Songs:
- US Forces
- Hercules
- Forgotten Years

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pearl Jam, love both bands.....but Pearl Jam are an international hit, Midnight Oil only experienced a low level of international success.

Ten is one of the all time great records, 10-1 by the Oils is also another fabulous album.

Bella

Juniors
My vote goes to Pearl Jam...
Though I do also like Midnight Oil, I just can't go past the likes of Better Man, Daughter, Last Kiss, Alive....

Bella

Juniors
c_eagle said:
Balmain_Boy said:
Since Pearl Jam wrote Last kiss and all...

I prefer Midnight Oil...

Pearl Jam didn't write it, it's a cover. :roll:

Of course Pearl Jam didn't write Last Kiss, some old band called J.Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers did it first in like 1964...
I think Pearl Jam did a good job of it though.

Alex28

Coach
Well...I'm big fans of both bands...Pearl Jam more so they get my vote...

however for me (and I'm not suggesting this should be the way for any one else) i think Midnight Oil's ideals have been tarnished somewhat by Peter Garrett giving up all he has been campaigning for the last 30 years by falling into Labor Party line...he's sold his soul for a seat in Parliament. I know Rob Hirst did a fair bit of the songwriting as well but Garrett was the front man and the mouthpiece for the band.

I would never have thought "Pine Gap is OK" would have come out of his mouth... :(

Anonymous

Juniors
c_eagle said:
Balmain_Boy said:

I prefer Midnight Oil...

It was sarcasm champ. I've got the original and it's twice as good. :roll:

If I thought they wrote why would I say that about Last Kiss and not the other songs listed. FFS.

c_eagle

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
c_eagle said:
Balmain_Boy said:

I prefer Midnight Oil...

It was sarcasm champ. I've got the original and it's twice as good. :roll:

If I thought they wrote why would I say that about Last Kiss and not the other songs listed. FFS.

WTF?

It didn't sound sarcastic. Even after your explaination, I still don't see why you made that post. Pretty stupid. If you were trying to be funny, you've succeeded. :roll:

You may have wrote about Last Kiss specifically because you believe it was a turning point for the band, in terms of selling out and going "softer." I really don't know.

Anonymous

Juniors
They hardly changed last Kiss at all. They slowed it down and the singer's have different voices. Yet Bella thinks that makes them a better band than Midnight oil.

Re-reading I can see your point though. I was pissed last night...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Very tough one for me this, I like them both and have heaps of CDs by both

My vote went to the Oils because they are Aussies

Bella

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
They hardly changed last Kiss at all. They slowed it down and the singer's have different voices. Yet Bella thinks that makes them a better band than Midnight oil.

Re-reading I can see your point though. I was pissed last night...

I hardly said Pearl Jam's cover of Last Kiss made them a better band than Midnight Oil. All I said was that their cover of the song is amongst the Pearl Jam songs I like.