What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Hotel, Carlton...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Were any of you drinking in the Royal Hotel, Carlton after today's game??

If so, you were a credit to your club. The chants & banter were first-class & we all appreciated them. Granted, if it were Scum fans, they would've been through the first plate-glass window we could find, but you lot were a heap of fun.

Well done, sorry about todays result (from your POV), and good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Gobbso

Juniors
Mate, you're mob was HOT HOT HOT today. Wests were NOT NOT NOT. The Dragons played the perfect game of Rugby League and came up with the 2 points and ran away with the game, very convincingly and in style. You should be a very proud and satisfied St.George-Illawarra fan.

Eddie.

Bench
Saints would of touched up anyone today, they were outstanding!, congrats

Was it 3000 people turned away??, shows theres still nothing better then Sunday arvo footy at a Surburban ground.

super_coach

First Grade
dragon deserved four points for todays effort-power skill and pace 1 thru 17.
they will go real close this year--good mix of youth and old hard nuts.I think with 2 good signings in the off season we could be at their level in 1 or 2 years.but from a football fan--they play a good brand of football--never thought i would say--but if we cant win the big one (which we cant) i hope the dragons do--unlike the chooks--they delevope their own talent

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah, its a shame in one way that after playing so well, they get 2 points. Still after playing so badly, to only lose 2 points isnt the end of the world.

watersiders

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Were any of you drinking in the Royal Hotel, Carlton after today's game??

If so, you were a credit to your club. The chants & banter were first-class & we all appreciated them. Granted, if it were Scum fans, they would've been through the first plate-glass window we could find, but you lot were a heap of fun.

Well done, sorry about todays result (from your POV), and good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers,
Ben S.

A few of us were there. We figured that if our boys had to face the music with Sheens we had better face it with the Saints fans. I thought we were entering a Dragon's lair, but to your credit you were extremely gracious in defeat, a rare quality these days.

I had noticed all the plate glass, and thought it safer to stick near the bar :D

Anyone who loves footy had to appreciate the terrific display your boys put on, even if it sucked to be on the receiving end of it.

Next time we are in there we will bring a picture of Peter Proven to stick up next to that great photo of his brother.

Cheers, I hope you flog the scabs.