What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Rumble 2018 chat *** SPOILERS ***

mackdadday

Juniors
First time i have been this happy with the rumble(s) for years all though. Im not sure why they would have a titus and a Golddust in there. Surely they could have had a surprise or two and Ziggler at 30 was drool on shirt stupidity. I thought the women outshone the men. So many good moments plus Rhonda popping up with her lovely smile. Kairi Sane will be champion in NXT before too long i am sure then big things for her.

ek999

First Grade
I think the main event will switch between the men's and women's in the future depending on the storyline in each. Men' didn't need to be the final match with its finish and Rousey appearing is a much bigger story

Enjoyed both Rumble matches a lot and the handicap match was pretty good and obviously builds on a story. Found the other two matches boring though

Valheru

Coach
Silly question, but if dillenger was legitimately number 10 and never got eliminated....shouldn’t he still be in the match? Hasn’t bullshit like that happened in other rumbles where the guy makes it to the ring 30mins later? The whole thing with SZ running in didn’t make any sense

As with any other rule in pro wrestling, it changes depending on what they want to book. Santino Marella for example has still not been eliminated from the 2008 Royal Rumble.. and he actually got in the ring..

The Rousey debut was a bizarre way to debut her and only makes sense if they didn't want to blow her momentum by being eliminated thus they didn't want her to win the rumble which in turn only makes sense if she will not be in the title picture until post mania which means Rousey/Angle V HHH/Steph is likely for the show.

So I guess with the results mania shapes up a bit

Lesnar/Reigns
AJ/Nakumura
Cena/Undertaker
Kurt,Rousey/HHH,Steph

The above look to be the four main events and you add matches featuring hardy, Bray, Orton, Owens, Balor, Zayn etc. and the show certainly doesn't lack star power.

On a side note, did anyone see NXT the night before? Phenomenal show.

I saw it - amazing wrestling. I enjoy it more than wwe to be honest

I know everyone is saying reigns v Lesnar...but why? I don’t see where that leaves strowman. There’s no one else that would really provide a credible opponent given how dominant he has been against everyone else. I’d rather see the undertaker try to take him down. Cena v UT...yuck

nöyd

Staff member
a stand-out low for me was Lawler's dribblery commentary - changing his "pick" every 2 mins annoyed the f**k outta me, and it was only mildly amusing when he did it 15 years ago.

he also called Sheamus Cesaro, because, you know, they look alike, and also called the event the Rumble Royal. he needs to stay away from the microphone.

As for Ronda:

wYNkOdF.gif

giphy.gif

azzah72

Bench
I generally really enjoy the NXT take overs, some have been downright fantastic.

I thought Philadelphia had a good undercard with a phenomenal Main event.

The other matches were only good to me, whereas previously there have been a number of great matches.

1 Match show really, albeit and friggen excellent one.

Valheru

Coach
I know everyone is saying reigns v Lesnar...but why? I don’t see where that leaves strowman. There’s no one else that would really provide a credible opponent given how dominant he has been against everyone else. I’d rather see the undertaker try to take him down. Cena v UT...yuck

I say Reigns/Lesnar purely because that is what is expected to happen and if Lesnar leaves, they want Roman to be the beneficiary.

Miz will apparently be pushed big time this year (maybe he has more movies coming out) and according to the observer he will face Strowman at mania.

I generally really enjoy the NXT take overs, some have been downright fantastic.

I thought Philadelphia had a good undercard with a phenomenal Main event.

The other matches were only good to me, whereas previously there have been a number of great matches.

1 Match show really, albeit and friggen excellent one.

I thought the tag title match was very good and the hardcore match excellent too.

For a 4 match show it is very hard to fault.

I say Reigns/Lesnar purely because that is what is expected to happen and if Lesnar leaves, they want Roman to be the beneficiary.

Miz will apparently be pushed big time this year (maybe he has more movies coming out) and according to the observer he will face Strowman at mania.

I thought the tag title match was very good and the hardcore match excellent too.

For a 4 match show it is very hard to fault.

Would love to see miz v strowman but would be tough to book...how do they make miz look credible and not straight up squashed? Maybe they do the old injury spot so that he isn’t firing on all cylinders

Parra Pride

Coach
I saw it - amazing wrestling. I enjoy it more than wwe to be honest

Why? Because Vince is hell bent on having Reigns go over Lesnar for the title.

Reigns essentially jobbing to Nakamura made my day

Asuka vs the Bellas was terrifying

The triple threat was a nice treat but. ....I love Kane, his character, power and sheer size are a perfect match of terror. .. but..... he has never been exceptional in the ring and his work is getting worse by either age or comparison to current workers, he's kinda bad

The low usage of so many good wrestlers has to be due to this being the best roster in the ring of all time BUT they aren't really drawing the ratings

However as Vince said that needs to be tempered against the different ways the content is now being consumed

With the network I'd imagine it'd be in everyone's best interest if other promotions were on the network and the WWE taking the place of the NWA

However I must add that age restriction or a rating system be used

As much as we loved it kids shouldn't be watching the stuff done in the Monday night wars or new Japan etc

Parra Pride

Coach
New Japan isn’t that bad. You’d really just have to censor any Guerillas of Destiny match. That’d said it’s never going to happen, especially not with that kind of growth NJPW are seeing internationally right now.

New Japan isn’t that bad. You’d really just have to censor any Guerillas of Destiny match. That’d said it’s never going to happen, especially not with that kind of growth NJPW are seeing internationally right now.
Most of the growth of New Japan is WWE rejects or former stars

Without the Americans they're stuck in Asia

Their biggest international star is Canadian, and the guy who just beat him for his title is a Kiwi.
Jericho would've drawn half of the white crowd

Maybe I should've said whites not Americans, racist or not which I don't think it is

I expect Nakamura to win the title from AJ

Charlotte to lose her belt and with any luck the white hot Braun to take the red liquorice strap

The bloke is hotter than anyone on the roster, Roman is years off getting the sort of positive reaction that Braun gets

I'd like to say they can't be that stupid but just last night Balor copped the golden shovel