What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubbish Tip

nqcowboy87

Bench
He played a lot of his junior footy there as well as playing for the QLD U16s at five-eighth
matt sing and jason ryles where both halfbacks in their junior days, matty sing was even signed to panthers lower grades because they wanted a halfback they could develop, once they disvovered he was crap he got sent back to what i can only assume was metro cup wher the coach put him at centre and the rest is history

Shorty

Staff member
ummm...ok

Shannon Hegarty has nice hair and his boots are always clean....

wtf...now go and make every other poster say something nice about him !!
:sarcasm:
What hair isn't he bald?:?

Saab behave,lol come on there is the Covell brigade that are tolerated and anyway the b*stards don't even have to praise this guy anymore.
Tal what I meant was be on topic,lol you're right....sorry AM and Dave I don't rate him.
Perhaps his signing is similar to Rovelli...wants to be in North Queensland and will work for peanuts...

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade
What hair isn't he bald?:?

Saab behave,lol come on there is the Covell brigade that are tolerated and anyway the b*stards don't even have to praise this guy anymore.
Tal what I meant was be on topic,lol you're right....sorry AM and Dave I don't rate him.
Perhaps his signing is similar to Rovelli...wants to be in North Queensland and will work for peanuts...
Hegs would be one of the higher paid players at your club. Rovelli however wouldn't be on too much.

Shorty

Staff member
Well...considering we would have paid the thing that was apparently a coach last year a full year of pay...I wouldn't be surprised!

Dave Q

Coach
A.M is right, Hegs is set to shine in o9.

Sometimes a change of clubs inspires a player.

The reality is that Hegs is one of the best dummy half ball runners in the game. Always makes a few cheap metres and his services were highly valued at Souths in this role.

He often creates attacking opportunities, he hasnt always finished them off properly, but if he wasnt there, they wouldnt have existed anyway.

A lot of our brethren, have unkindness for Hegs and focus on the bad things.

But there is also a lot to like about him.

Shannon Hegarty can play this game and he is going to bring a lot of good things to the Cowboys.

By round 5, A.M, Hegs and I would have silenced our critics.

I am pretty confident of that development.

Youve picked up a highly underrated and seriously classy player.

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade
A.M is right, Hegs is set to shine in o9.

Sometimes a change of clubs inspires a player.

The reality is that Hegs is one of the best dummy half ball runners in the game. Always makes a few cheap metres and his services were highly valued at Souths in this role.

He often creates attacking opportunities, he hasnt always finished them off properly, but of he wasnt there, they wouldnt have existed anyway.

A lot of our brethren, have unkindness for Hegs and focus on the bad things.

But there is also a lot to like about him.

Shannon Hegarty can play this game and he is going to bring a lot of good things to the Cowboys.

By round 5, A.M, Hegs and I would have silenced our critics.

I am pretty confident of that development.

Youve picked up some class.
I couldn't agree more dave. The experience that hegs will bring to this side is really invaluable and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over as captain some time this season.

Nemesis

Bench
I couldn't agree more dave. The experience that hegs will bring to this side is really invaluable and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over as captain some time this season.
AM, I appreciate your admiration for Hegs, but please remember that you're in a Cowboys forum and that Jonathan Thurston is the current and highly respected captain of their team. For example, I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if a Penrith supporter came into the Souths forum suggesting that Rhys Wesser could take over from Roy as captain of the Rabbitohs this year.

I've lost count of the number of posts you've made about Hegs so far, but it must be well over 100 by now. With all due respect mate, being a fan of a player is one thing, but you appear to be totally fixated and obsessed with him.... he's only another rugby league player after all.

If you keep this up, people may start to think that you ARE Hegs or are a close relative of his.

Dave Q

Coach
AM, I appreciate your admiration for Hegs, but please remember that you're in a Cowboys forum and that Jonathan Thurston is the current and highly respected captain of their team. For example, I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if a Penrith supporter came into the Souths forum suggesting that Rhys Wesser could take over from Roy as captain of the Rabbitohs this year.

I've lost count of the number of posts you've made about Hegs so far, but it must be well over 100 by now. With all due respect mate, being a fan of a player is one thing, but you appear to be totally fixated and obsessed with him.... he's only another rugby league player after all.

If you keep this up, people may start to think that you ARE Hegs or are a close relative of his.

Hes not causing any harm here Nemsy.

On the contrary, the cows fans would be pleased to learn of the positives associated with Hegs.

We all know that Luke Stuart should be captain anyway.

If the cows forum have an issue they will tell A.M and I and I will depart.

I wonder what news of him today?

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade

On the contrary, the cows fans would be pleased to learn of the positives associated with Hegs.
That's exactly right dave. If they can't get excited about this signing, then winning the premiership wouldn't excite them.

adamkungl

Immortal

We all know that Luke Stuart should be captain anyway.

If the cows forum have an issue they will tell A.M and I and I will depart.

I wonder what news of him today?

I'm sure they would if any such positives had been seen since 2003

Talanexor

Juniors
That's exactly right dave. If they can't get excited about this signing, then winning the premiership wouldn't excite them.

Siging Hegerty and Premiership in the same sentence? You ARE joking right?

This guy is a useless old hack. Don't mind him for depth, if he's on a minimum wage contract, but I don't want him getting into the team ahead of our youngsters.

On the plus side though, with Rovelli and now Hegarty signed, the Cutters will have a fantastic season....

Shorty

Staff member
Siging Hegerty and Premiership in the same sentence? You ARE joking right?

This guy is a useless old hack. Don't mind him for depth, if he's on a minimum wage contract, but I don't want him getting into the team ahead of our youngsters.

On the plus side though, with Rovelli and now Hegarty signed, the Cutters will have a fantastic season....
Yeah our damn feeder sides are more successful than the U20s and FG sides atm.
Pride and Cutters will dominate this year.

the cowboys will have a hard job retraining him to play well after playing for souths where even good players such as heggs and wing- soo and test players when playing for the roosters end up like park football players when playing for souths. a big warning to any player contemplating signing with souths- don;t - your career and life will go down hill fast.

Last edited:

African Monkey

First Grade
No not necessarily. Nathan Merritt had an average spell at Cronulla then returned and became top try scorer in 2006 and even Jeremy Smith became an international during his time with us. We also made Ashley Harrison a star before he f**ked up his career at the Roosters.