What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rueben Garrick

Merlin II

Juniors
Guys I come in peace however there is a rumour (via The Mole) that Manly are going/looking to sign Rueben Garrick from your Intrust Team. I had never heard of him before however any thoughts re young Rueben would be appreciated. Cheers!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Not meaning to sound rude with this, to you or to Reuben, but you can have him mate haha.

Slow, not a whole lot of footwork. Can take a high-ball but that's about the only strength in his arsenal. Here's hoping he goes to another level over there because he is a really lovely young guy. But I suspect he'll be playing reserve grade for Manly.

giboz71

First Grade
He’s ok with the ball but he’s an ISP player at best.

I thought he would be the one to eventually replace Nighty but just not up to it.

Defensively very weak. Every time I watch him in ISP, he gets exposed. Will be murdered at NRL level.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Guys I come in peace however there is a rumour (via The Mole) that Manly are going/looking to sign Rueben Garrick from your Intrust Team. I had never heard of him before however any thoughts re young Rueben would be appreciated. Cheers!

Nice kid, but needs a coach who would develop his defense as it's pretty poor. Attack wise he's ok very agile.

Otherwise just an ISP standard player a bit like another former youngster in Tom Carr (who went to the Bulldogs).

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Swap you Garrick for that trbojwicz turbojevic trbjovec that Tom guy you have playing fullback for you..

watatank

Coach
Winger/centre.

Played for junior NSW/Aus teams next to Curtis Scott (Storm centre). Played ISP all this year, made a few ISP team of the weeks but never really looked like making first grade. Hasn't really kicked on and probably won't be missed but still young enough, maybe the extra time and a change of clubs will do him good.

j0nesy

Bench
Had a good couple of seasons, in the juniors, last year and the year before. Most of us thought he’d end up on the wing or in the centres in first grade. But this year he hasn’t stepped up in the ISP. He has some potential.

Drakon

Juniors
I agree with all that has been said.

Seems like a nice style of young guy from interviews etc I've seen.

Defensively lacking. Thought he might step up and get a run on the wing in first grade but at the moment, not anywhere near first grade standard.

Wish him well wherever he ends up.

He was being mentioned with Lomax, Herbert and Feild.
But to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play, if he was in the few ISP games ive seen he certainly didn’t stand out enough to be noticed.
Hope he succeeds at Manly.

getsmarty

Immortal
Report: Manly re-signs Reuben Garrick
The Sea Eagles have locked away one of their brightest young pieces.

Ben Cotton

EDITOR
May 5, 2019 - 4:35 pm

GettyImages-1147003504-696x464.jpg

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MAY 04: Reuben Garrick of the Sea Eagles kicks of to start the round eight NRL match between the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and the Canterbury Bulldogs at Lottoland on May 04, 2019 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt Blyth/Getty Images)

Manly’s Reuben Garrick has signed a new two-year deal with the club, according to a report by Nine.

The 21-year old left Wollongong to join the Sea Eagles this season on a one-year deal. And after making his debut in round one, quickly cemented his place in Des Hasler’s team after a stirring string of performances.

Garrick scored all of Manly’s points in their 18-10 win over the Bulldogs on Saturday night at Brookvale, scoring three tries and booting two goals.

It is understood that he agreed to terms on the new contract prior to the Bulldogs clash.

An announcement is expected to be made from the club in the coming days.

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-manly-re-signs-young-gun-43687/

possm

Coach
Report: Manly re-signs Reuben Garrick
The Sea Eagles have locked away one of their brightest young pieces.

Ben Cotton

EDITOR
May 5, 2019 - 4:35 pm

GettyImages-1147003504-696x464.jpg

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - MAY 04: Reuben Garrick of the Sea Eagles kicks of to start the round eight NRL match between the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and the Canterbury Bulldogs at Lottoland on May 04, 2019 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt Blyth/Getty Images)

Manly’s Reuben Garrick has signed a new two-year deal with the club, according to a report by Nine.

The 21-year old left Wollongong to join the Sea Eagles this season on a one-year deal. And after making his debut in round one, quickly cemented his place in Des Hasler’s team after a stirring string of performances.

Garrick scored all of Manly’s points in their 18-10 win over the Bulldogs on Saturday night at Brookvale, scoring three tries and booting two goals.

It is understood that he agreed to terms on the new contract prior to the Bulldogs clash.

An announcement is expected to be made from the club in the coming days.

https://www.nospam21.com/report-manly-re-signs-young-gun-43687/
But Millward is doing a great job. See you later Garick and Herbert, hello and welcome aboard Maranta and Runciman. Goodbye and best of luck to Nightingale and Macdonald we have found Pereira and Ravalawa to replace you.

gitano

Juniors
But Millward is doing a great job. See you later Garick and Herbert, hello and welcome aboard Maranta and Runciman. Goodbye and best of luck to Nightingale and Macdonald we have found Pereira and Ravalawa to replace you.
Garrick isn't the answer, possm, however much you're trying to prove your agenda correct.

And at this moment in time I’d rather Pereira than gypsy with all due respect

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Garrick is doing ok, improving with each game, but, I wouldn't be getting overly hyped as yet.

Yes, he's scored some try's (5), but most were either fortuitous bounces or a run from less than 10m out, to which really even our own Rava would have scored. His average running metres is 105m/gameI would also add that his tackle efficiency sits at 50.9%, a stat that will always be his achilles heal and the major reason we let him go I believe.

Speaking of Rava and comparing the 2, Rava has scored 5 try's as well, average running metres of 114m/game and has a tackle efficiency of 52%.

A further comparison is JP who has also scored 5 try's, averages 140m/game and has a tackle efficiency at 80%.

On those stats alone both Garrick and Rava would struggle to make the 17 at the Roosters, Rabbits or Storm.

Looks can be deceiving, especially when a team is winning, where we tend to overlook the obvious and laud the patches of good fortune.