What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby 2005 worst ever

poita

Juniors
is this the worst f**king game ever.I feel like having a breakdown after playing it.How the f**k did someone get paid to f**king release this piece of sh*t game.

-ReyRey-

Juniors
Hahah what a coincidence, I was just about to make a thread saying is it worth buying... meh... I will probably end up buying it if it is better than 04

Sean7

Juniors
RUGBY 2005 is a pretty decent game. It's a much higher quality game than RUGBY LEAGUE. The AI isn't as haphazard (like running across field, over the sideline and then throwing a 10 man cut out pass over his shoulder to a guy 2 metres in front of him who then proceeds to make a break, but passes to a heavily marked player who has 4 player gripping his waist, but manages to offload a pass 10 metres backwards to a guy who runs backwards for a short while who then runs in a forward direction, but looks as though he's running backwards and then steps no-one, but all my defenders have to vacate the area because there was a scrited step and then runs all the way to the tryline only to end up diving over the deadball line) and the momentum in tackles is handled well. The tackles aren't as scripted as LEAGUE (like catching someone from behind, but smashing them front-on) and the passing game is fluid (though you can only cut out one player, I think).

Fast players are fast even on hard (unlike LEAGUE) and each player feels like an individual because they're rated out of 100 rather than 10 (which doesn't allow for many variables). It has a good replay system too, which is very important. I also like the fact that you don't need to press a button to tackle, unless you need to dive.

On the downside, it lacks stats (so I don't bother playing it very often) and the difficulty levels aren't very well worked out. Medium is incredibly easy (150-0 in 20 minute games is quite common) and hard is damn hard (for me anyway). The kicking game is crap too. It's also a rugby game, so on hard, you have to play almost as negatively as the real players do.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Phillips said:
ive never won on hard

I played a Super 12 season with the Chiefs on hard. I was dead last after four games, but then didn't lose a game afterwards. I made the finals in third place and beat up on Canterbury 25-12. You just need to get used to the style of hard - never run the ball in your own half.

aussies1st

Staff member
There was a number of bugs that just pissed me off so much that I gave up with the game.

sunny

Pretty bad. I thought 2004 was alright actually, but this one,2005, isnt much chop.

Phoney, saying this game is better than rugby league is like saying Jack the Ripper was nice man compared to Hitler.

Phillips

Referee
Morenito said:
Jonah Lomu rugby was the best. Man me and my friends used to love that game

best game ever made

i was the legend with the Scotland/France teams

lost my copy though and everytime i bid for one on ebay some f**ker outbids me :(

Sean7

Juniors
Jonah Lomu wasn't that great. For its time it was solid, but you could just spin the ball wide and score off every play.

The kicking game was great though.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
True about spinning wide and scoring off every play Sean, but I think that the fluidity of the running and passing was really excellent and what made it a top game.

Mal Meninga

Bench
It was great for its time, it was awesome just spinning it wide to Jonah!
But as for rugby 2005, way too easy. The defense up the middle is very weak, they lack alot of instinct unless u run straight into them, the classic play with the crash ball off any set peice than draw the fullback and pass is almost guaranteed try.

Latest posts