What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby 2005

inertia666

Juniors
downloading it now. i'm kind of looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time :mrgreen:

please EA don't cock it up again.

inertia666

Juniors
graphics wise that looked great. but it's easy to make a game look cool as hell using all those camera angles. looks promising though.

knowsleyroader

Juniors
Im afraid they can show all the videos they want, until I have a controller in my hand and the gameplay is good I refuse to get excited about another EA Rugby product. Every time they have managed to cluck it right up.

Would also be surprised to see it in march as I havent heard a toot about it until that video.

If and When EA make a good rugby game I will show my arse in woolies window. :D

-JJ-

Juniors
I don't think the lack of information means it won't get released in March. It probably will get delayed - that's just HB/EA/most rugby games style - but don't read too much into the fact there is hardly any information yet.

umosay

Juniors
Well think about it this way, the same guy can't lead the haka all the time because he might not be playing... i'm sure carlos was/is mean't to lead it

knowsleyroader

Juniors
But surely they have learned a little about their market after Rugby 2004. There were many complaints about the lack of information and the poor website. If you remember a lot of the information released last time was from a third party that had nothing to do with EA.

Im afraid at this moment in time the lack of information so close to release maybe points again to the fact that the game is very poor and they want to keep this fact close to their chests in order for large purchase numbers on release day.

I could be wrong of course, but could anyone blame me for being so negative this time around ?

-JJ-

Juniors
San Andreas information was hardly limited, there was shite loads of info for a long time before it was released.

Rugby 2004 did have quite a bit of info before the release, although I suppose that was because of the reason knowsleyroader said. Maybe knowsleyroader has a valid point in his second paragraph.

I still think people are reading too much into the fact there isn't a lot of info yet though.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
[/quote]EA Brings EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 to the Pitch

Newest EA SPORTS Game to Deliver Authentic Rugby Experience

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that EA SPORTS(TM) Rugby 2005 is under development as the newest ongoing franchise in the EA SPORTS(TM) lineup, heralding the sport's emergence as a global phenomenon. The game, which features a host of gameplay and graphical upgrades, will deliver an authentic rugby experience and is scheduled for release in spring 2005 for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox(R) videogame system from Microsoft, and the PC.

"EA SPORTS is committed to making the most complete and authentic rugby game possible," said Andrew Wilson, producer of the game. "By leveraging our sports technology and experience to create EA SPORTS Rugby 2005, we feel we can grow a successful interactive franchise for one of the fastest growing sports in the world."

EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 incorporates all the major Rugby teams, players, and tournaments, including the Tri-Nations, Super 12 and many more authentic and prestigious events from the world of Rugby. The game incorporates a completely upgraded graphical engine with individually differentiated players, realistic motion-captured player animations, dramatic lighting and cameras, and stadiums that are accurate with details such as crowd reactions, songs, and chants. EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 plays realistically with on-the-fly play-calling, right analog stick controls for fakes and crushing hits and improved kicking control. The game also features a 'Rugby 101' training mode outlining the rules, controls, and tactics of the sport through videos and interactive challenges.

EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 is being produced by EA Canada where such hit franchises as FIFA Soccer, NBA LIVE and NHL are made. EA SPORTS Rugby 2005 is being developed by HB Studios. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

Goleel

Juniors
No real gameplay footage = another dog game from EA. You all know this isn't going to be good, HB Studios are 0 for 3 on sports games, and with this one, I'm sure it'll be 0 for 4.

Latest posts