What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rugby championship

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I lost interest in RU a while ago mainly due to too many egos and a huge lack of attacking skill.
A question for those of you that have been more up to date with RU than I have.
I have actually enjoyed its a bit lately because they have been able to move the ball a bit. Hell I joked with my son that the current forwards run better backs lines and have better ball playing skills than the Wallaby backs of the last 20 years. :)

But do you think the standard has dropped ?
It seems to me more room and the defence is not as good.

Also tonights game, the SA team looked the worst SA I have ever seen, not the hardness and animal agression of previous teams.

Am I right or do I have to clean my glasses

shiznit

Coach
I lost interest in RU a while ago mainly due to too many egos and a huge lack of attacking skill.
A question for those of you that have been more up to date with RU than I have.
I have actually enjoyed its a bit lately because they have been able to move the ball a bit. Hell I joked with my son that the current forwards run better backs lines and have better ball playing skills than the Wallaby backs of the last 20 years. :)

But do you think the standard has dropped ?
It seems to me more room and the defence is not as good.

Also tonights game, the SA team looked the worst SA I have ever seen, not the hardness and animal agression of previous teams.

Am I right or do I have to clean my glasses
I mean… we are destroying these teams and this is hardly a great All Black team…

i think we are probably more hardened by having a full season of Super Rugby Aotearoa… which has by far the highest intensity and skill level of any domestic rugby competition in the world… which showed when they joined with Australia and our bottom teams we’re hammering Australia’s best.

as for the style… we’ve been playing like this for decades… that’s just our style.

what worries me as an All Blacks fan is when we can’t produce forwards who can graft and do the donkey work… scrummaging and line out work.

those are the core responsibilities. Waste of time having a hooker who’s lightning running down the wing and can throw no look offloads when he can’t throw the ball into the line out straight when the game is on the line… same with props who can do the flashy stuff but get demolished at scrum time.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I mean… we are destroying these teams and this is hardly a great All Black team…

i think we are probably more hardened by having a full season of Super Rugby Aotearoa… which has by far the highest intensity and skill level of any domestic rugby competition in the world… which showed when they joined with Australia and our bottom teams we’re hammering Australia’s best.

as for the style… we’ve been playing like this for decades… that’s just our style.

what worries me as an All Blacks fan is when we can’t produce forwards who can graft and do the donkey work… scrummaging and line out work.

those are the core responsibilities. Waste of time having a hooker who’s lightning running down the wing and can throw no look offloads when he can’t throw the ball into the line out straight when the game is on the line… same with props who can do the flashy stuff but get demolished at scrum time.
Reminds me a little of the ABs in the 90s/early 2000s before Mike Cron took over as scrum coach. They always seemed to just be aiming for forward parity rather than dominance, with the assumption that the backs would get the job done. Would come undone occasionally against forward powerhouses like England or SA, or conversely when it meant we couldn’t suffocate teams like Australia or France who had creative players.

Latest posts