What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 9's

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
It was the 1st weekend of the RL 9's last night with games being played across the country. I was commentating at Featherstone where the hosts, Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield were playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG3j7e56nqc&list=UU23NsmMtJkdU-bbLZx8dzQw&index=1&feature=plcp

Here are the highlights from last nights 9's comp which Leeds finished with an unbeaten 3 wins from 3. Mick Gledhill is the main comm and I am the summariser (not that you hear a whole load from me with the way the highlights have been cut :lol: )

The results:

Featherstone 12-22 Bradford

Leeds 18-8 Huddersfield

Featherstone 18-26 Leeds

Bradford 22-8 Huddersfield

Bradford 8-12 Leeds

Featherstone 22-18 Huddersfield

Featherstone actually out played both Leeds and Bradford for the majority of those games but both SL sides finished strong. It was good to see Fev get the win over Hudds though because they deserved something out of the night.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Scores from ms3 Craven Park last night are

Hull KR 14 Wakefield 10

Castleford 16 Hull FC 20

Hull KR 18 Castleford 8

Hull FC 6 Wakefield 16

Wakefield 12 Castleford 4

Hull KR 12 Hull FC 12

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
And down at the Aldershot Military Stadium where London were hosting their leg, the results were...

London Broncos 20 Widnes Vikings 8

Wigan Warriors 44 Gloucestershire University 0

Gloucestershire University 18 Widnes Vikings 4

London Broncos 12 Wigan Warriors 18

Wigan Warriors 58 Widnes Vikings 4

London Broncos 32 Gloucestershire University 12

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
And I believe the last set of results were played out at Wilderspool, the old Warrington Stadium before they moved to the HJ.

Warrington Wolves 28 Salford City Reds 8

Cumbria 12 St. Helens 8

Salford City Reds 22 St. Helens 24

Warrington Wolves 22 Cumbria 8

Salford City Reds 28 Cumbria 28

Warrington Wolves 26 St. Helens 20

JasonE

Bench
It was the 1st weekend of the RL 9's last night with games being played across the country. I was commentating at Featherstone where the hosts, Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield were playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG3j7e56nqc&list=UU23NsmMtJkdU-bbLZx8dzQw&index=1&feature=plcp

Here are the highlights from last nights 9's comp which Leeds finished with an unbeaten 3 wins from 3. Mick Gledhill is the main comm and I am the summariser (not that you hear a whole load from me with the way the highlights have been cut :lol: )

The results:

Featherstone 12-22 Bradford

Leeds 18-8 Huddersfield

Featherstone 18-26 Leeds

Bradford 22-8 Huddersfield

Bradford 8-12 Leeds

Featherstone 22-18 Huddersfield

Featherstone actually out played both Leeds and Bradford for the majority of those games but both SL sides finished strong. It was good to see Fev get the win over Hudds though because they deserved something out of the night.

Well done, i was wondering who the commentators were.

Hopefully you guys can do the same next week. The only team list i haven't seen was Huddersfield's.

From those highlights, Curtis Naughton looked good for the Bulls, Stevie for Leeds, Matty Brook for Fev and Jordan Higo for Giants.

docbrown

Coach
Just out curiousity are these with top level players or fringe players?

Also how long a break do they get between their matches?

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Cheers. Mick is a very good commentator and does work for the RFL now. I just turn up with him and say what I see :lol:

We actually weren't there to do the DVD/Website commentary. We were just doing hospital radio but the camera guy came down and asked if we minded and put a little microphone in between us.

Aaron Brown for Leeds impressed me too. Liam Darville for the Bulls and Nat Brown for Fev. Got to say sadly no one stood out for me in the Hudds side.

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Just out curiousity are these with top level players or fringe players?

Also how long a break do they get between their matches?

They were all Valvoline Cup (U20s) players apart from Chris Clarkson of Leeds. Some very good talent on show though. It was a very entertaining night and there were some stars of the future on show.

Latest posts