What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League 9's

macnaz

Staff member
Just wondering what players people would consider to make our squad ?

Korobiete
Naufouluma
Tedesco
Simona
Lawrence
Brooks
Farah
BMM
Sironen
Fulton
Mulchahy
Sue

But....do you risk some of these guys just for 9s?
Farah and Brooks are too important.

macnaz

Staff member
Not sure id have Brooks. Id have Ritchards for his drop kicking and his size and he is reasonably fast still.
Id give Mr T a run as well.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Shanghai Charlie makes a valid point about risking injuries...I'd go with;

Tedesco
Naufouluma
Korobiete
Lawrence
Richards
Brooks
Farah
BMM
Sironen
Fulton
Blair
Paterson

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I know there is risk with this 9's comp and we all know our luck with injuries but I'd be taking on the 9's at full strength. I am in no way writing us off for 2014 but I think we will still struggle against some of the top teams. We have a hard draw and we are still a young side so if we make the 8 great but for me, anything above that might be seen as a good result.

So, if I had any say in this I'd be going flat out to win this 9's comp and get some money for the war chest and maybe chase those 2 players we need to be a top line side in 2015. As they say silverware is silverware....I wouldn't mind having some bragging rights!!!

It might not be a premiership but it is a good money earner so I'd be having a real dig and putting the best side I could on the field....

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Wests Tigers supporters....

macnaz

Staff member
Why are we favourites in the betting market ?

I guess they are looking at speedsters in the side? If we had Simona available id feel a lot more confident though.
By the way if anyone is planning on going get in quick as tickets are selling out. Ive got mine, I cant wait :)

DanOz

Juniors
Koro will be a star in attack but his defense will probably be badly exposed in this format. Simona would have been a gun...

Satsok

Juniors
Been hearing some rumours that one of the Tigers favourite sons will be returning ala Freddy Fittler for the 9s.

He is currently a commercial sales manager for the major sponsor of the tournament, and has been approached about possibly coming back.. I dont want to name anyone otherwise this post will probably get deleted.

BuffaloRules

Coach
There was a recent article that Fittler wont be allowed to play as he has not gone through all the recent drug testing that the other NRL players have...

If this is the case, none of the Tigers retired players will be playing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be inclined to leave a fair few of the NRL forwards out of it

Koroibete
Richards
Nofoaluma
Moses
Austin
Luani
N.Brown
Sue
Lovett
Vela
Rowe
Funaki
Fiagatusa
Gavet
Naiyaravoro
Hitchcox
Fine

innsaneink

Referee
Been hearing some rumours that one of the Tigers favourite sons will be returning ala Freddy Fittler for the 9s.

He is currently a commercial sales manager for the major sponsor of the tournament, and has been approached about possibly coming back.. I dont want to name anyone otherwise this post will probably get deleted.
we only have two favourite sons, Hodgo & Skando

magpie4ever

First Grade
Isn't it excepted that Robbie Farah will be in the squad?

I hope they take Moses; let him have a run.

Last edited:

Latest posts