What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League breaking new ground..

c_eagle

Juniors
I was at EB today and obviously everything they say should be taken with a pinch of salt but still..

He said that they have 800(!!!!) pre-orders at Eastgardens alone! Thats insane! He said he is almost sure its the highest pre-selling game in history in Australia, they've never seen anything like it. The previous record for that individual store was Vice City and this is nearly double...

miccle

Bench
I've also heard of stores in brissie with 400-500 pre-ordered copies. Me thinks this is why it's been put back 4-6 weeks. The demand, I'm sure, has exceeded expectations. Bring it on!

Ausguy

Coach
speaking of EB, miranda store had a video running instore on the pc, it only showed video footage of real nrl games and then showed in game footage, looked pretty good, we had seen most of it but still looked great on the pc screen,

not long now

Forum Idiot

Bench
yeah the gamesmen at penshurst said that it has almost doubles vice city which is one of their best selling games ever

Ausguy

Coach
Parra_Eels said:
looks like i'll wait till the chrissie sales

how could u possibly wait until xmas sales!!!!
if the game was out and i knew it was in the shop i could not resist getting it, il be there on the day before the shop opens to get my copy, looking forward to it actually!!!!

Jono Russell

Bench
i preorded my copy over 2 months ago now and then it was past 400 pre orders i was told so i wouldnt mind betting they have over 500 now at liverpool EB. Considering liverpool has a massive bulldogs and west tiger fan base this game will be very popular

angelus

Juniors
If they run out, I'll download it then buy a copy when it's available. I guarentee I'll get a copy at a major retailer on the release date though.

Mario

Juniors
angelus said:
If they run out, I'll download it then buy a copy when it's available. I guarentee I'll get a copy at a major retailer on the release date though.

How disappointed am I in that comment. Valiant that you confirm you will buy the retail version, but sad to hear you will support the distribution of a pirated version of the game.

:cry:

***MH***

Bench

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
yer sidhe has spent like 2 years on this game while ea spent like 2 weeks on rugby2004 by the looks it if a company makes the game as well as they can the wat right do u have 2 pirate it???????

angelus

Juniors
The point I was trying to make is that it will be available and I'll buy it on the release date. I'm not pre-ordering. I think I've got enough money saved up over the last 7 years (since ARL 96) to afford it. I don't believe a word EB say and firmly believe they are trying to make you pre-order by feeding you false information about the number of orders.

Goleel

Juniors
Sorry to offend but you are an idiot. What do EB gain from you pre-ordering a game other than guaranteing themselves a sale they would already have anyway when the game comes out? That you would support piracy of this game at all is just absolutely ridiculous. I'd put fair money that everybody with a significant interest in this game on these forums has a pre-order, and face it, if Mario has said those without preorders may have to wait until a second shipment, well I'd take that as fairly reliable word.

I've got mates who haven't paid for a game in their life that I've had to convince to actually buy this game. Heck, I've even offered to split the cost of it with them so they don't have to part with their precious money (luckily this offer wasn't accepted, guess they felt a bit guilty). The bottom line is, if you don't want to miss out, pre order the damn thing. Contrary to popular belief, EB aren't some cult of anti-gamer evil beings and aren't in the business of screwing over gamers. They sell games. Pre-ordering makes sure you buy it from them, but it also makes sure you get a copy of the game. You put five bucks down on the game, and you make sure you get a copy, it doesn't matter if you pay for it the day it comes out or a month later, it'll be there.

It certainly beats missing out, and it certainly beats pirating the game just so you can play it because you were too damn stupid or stubborn (or both) to pre order and make sure you got yourself a copy.

angelus

Juniors
Fine, I'll pre-order it, but not from EB :lol:
Sif I'd pirate a game that I've been waiting for 7 years to come out. I'm not keen on waiting another 7.

Goleel

Juniors
Well that's good to hear mate, good choice.

I wouldn't preorder from EB, find a good games store run privately, that actually care about your business. I'm a regular at the games wizards nearby and I've got the guys in there calling my mobile as soon as the game comes in so I can rush up and get the thing. Now THAT is quality customer service.

B_Tiger

Juniors
just agreeing with the initial post...I spoke to a bloke at EB in Canberra and he said that people from sydney are pre-ordering at the canberra store because heaps of stores in sydney have taken pre-orders ranging from 600 to 800. Pretty good news, I hope the game lives up to the expectation.

shirkhan

Juniors
Ausguy said:
speaking of EB, miranda store had a video running instore on the pc, it only showed video footage of real nrl games and then showed in game footage, looked pretty good, we had seen most of it but still looked great on the pc screen,

not long now

yea thats what they did at the auz vs nz match this weekend and den they let every see the xbox version some dudes played as vs nz

shirkhan

Juniors
i dont think it will be that hard to get there are so many stores in auckland and it will be very easy to buy

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I'm not pre-ordering. I will get a copy if there is one if not I will just have to wait for second delivery. I heard the delay was due to Playstation licencing taking two weeks. Where as XBOX doesn't.