What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League is "a violent game played principally by cretins"

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
In the mean time........

Billion dollar TV deals, million dollar season payments...thriving industry, massive supporting infrastructure, great help to many charities.

Huge part of many communities.

Good luck following chess.

Sadly they don't sell Papers.
Plenty of good News stories in League, that don't get past the Clubs Website.

All I want is balanced coverage instead of the extreme negative agenda that the rugby league media has for a long time. Unbiased and impartial coverage of the sport is the way to go. Unfortunately, RL media have there self-interest and agendas set against the code in particular the administration.

Glen

Bench
White Ribbon seems pretty happy with the NRL's approach. But I guess this random Tassie inbred would know better

insert.pause

First Grade
Joe Aston ‏@mrjoeaston 11h11 hours ago
Weekend @FT even carried article y'day on Goodes. These @AFL crowds an int'l embarrassment damaging Australia's standing in the world
https://twitter.com/mrjoeaston/status/627805860287287296

Joe Aston ‏@mrjoeaston 11h11 hours ago
Maybe I was harsh on @NRL players/fans last week but as far as I can tell (and unlike @AFL spectators), at least they're not racist
https://twitter.com/mrjoeaston/status/627807196923850752

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
One of RLs biggest events is the Indigenous All Stars (a team arguable loved more that the Australian team). But yeh, cant quite tell....

taipan

Referee
League should takes notes from the AFL. A game for true gentlemen.

I'm sure Ablett senior,Wayne Carey,Cousins,Dipper, Fevola,etc would say hi.And the Essendon pep squad.And of course the former AFL: player then player agent carrying on with a young girl.
Check your own backyard,its full of chook sh*t.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
RL needs to go back to presenting itself as "the Working Class Game", so when articles like this are written, DSmith and his lot can come out and scream bigotry and class-warfare.

"Those Silvertailed media type have always hated the working class bloke for having a good time, rah rah rah..."

POPEYE

Coach
Watched a movie recently based on English Soccer gangs that rarely went to the game but laid in wait for each other afterwards, even made a living out of the violence. Soccer is supposed to be the World game and is indicative of the world outside Australia in more ways than one

Most League followers are content to let the 'violence' be contained and adjudicated upon, the game itself teaches far more good than bad to the most vulnerable, properly taught the influence on youngsters is invaluable