What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

The game will be out by the end of the year, probably Finals time again, very little is known except that Bigant are making it again.

RLL was pretty bad but I still found fun in it and in some ways found certain things better than previous League games.

So yeah, I won't say get hyped as we don't know anything about it yet but yeah...it's coming.

An official announcement should be made around Origin 3, I'm picking the night of or day after.

So yeah with expectations low what at the very least do you expect to improve this time?.

Parra Pride

Coach
It better have freakin' franchise mode, and customization of teams or I wont buy it, I've played rugby league 3 so much more than Rugby League Live purely for the franchise mode.

clarency

Juniors
I didn't play RLL but RL3 was a major disappointment. I wrote a long arse critque of it on the sidhe forums.

I don't care about graphics. The gameplay needs to be fun, and I don't want to feel cheated.

That's the crux of it.

Specifically (from RL3) they need to perfect the on field stamina factor, and provide proper create/customisation for teams (I don't care for players). No preset jersey bullsh*t.

Haffa

Do you think they would have done much with it? Probably just updated the teams and jerseys.

Rugby League Live was a pretty painful experience.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
In spite of it's obvious flaws, I managed to enjoy RLL. Putting on a backline move was a terrible experience, and Paul Gallen was the strongest, most skilled AND fastest player in the bloody game (to name a few of the flaws) but all in all I was happy to have a RL game to play on my xbox.

For me to buy this one, however, it will have to have a franchise mode. It will have to have customisable players and teams... I know it won't be a perfect experience... but if the game play is like RLL with some creases ironed out, and it has a franchise mode, I'll buy it.... might even pay full price upon it's release.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I'd also like to be able to develop players from Toyota cup, or even play a toyota cup comp... although I'm being a bit unrealistic here I think

Springs

First Grade
Better have some custom features. I enjoyed rugby league 3 a lot because of the endless teams, players and comps I made. With the franchise and custom comps I could enjoy it without even having to play a game.

However I loved taking Parramatta to a premiership and leading Scotland to World Cup victory.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Rugby League 2 on PC was great. I loved it purely for the amount of modifications you could make. Like you could literally copy a stadium, edit the seats and sponsorships and change the name of it.

I had great fun doing that, creating custom stadiums for custom teams.

I did some crazy shit with that game.

If this doesn't come on on PC and have a similar amount of ability to mod, will not buy.

Bazzi

First Grade
It's not a realistic Rugby League game if you don't feel cheated afterwards!

I'd love for the game to have downloadable squad updates regularly too.

Last edited:

T.T

Juniors
they need to incorporate refs f**kin up.. it would be priceless if you knock on over the line and you get awarded a try lol

Parra Pride

Coach
they need to incorporate refs f**kin up.. it would be priceless if you knock on over the line and you get awarded a try lol

That already happens in Rugby League 3, there are video ref decisions each with their own in goal tackle animations, and one of them has the players dropping the ball from a few metres off the ground, and half the time it comes up as a try.

Dragon

Coach
This game will blow. I predict another cash in with some updated (still bad) graphics

T.T

Juniors
i know it will never happen but can you imagine if EA sports made the game.. would be f**kn unreal

Ausguy

Coach
RLL is the only game I've ever returned.

Got madden instead. I won't buy this unless I have the same option

This will suck balls.

Same people that made RLL? forgetaboutit

I'm all for a RL game but I am not supporting half arsed trash.

i know it will never happen but can you imagine if EA sports made the game.. would be f**kn unreal

Yeah it would be f**king awesome just like the amazing effort they made for the Yawnion game a few years back lol

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
that was just a rehash for the world cup, but rugby 08 and 06 smash any RL ever made and hell id have fun with a RL if they made it like the world cup game from last year