What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League on VHS

Geordie1990

Juniors
Hey all

I'm putting some feelers out there if anyone has some old Rugby League VHS tapes they would be interested in having transferred to DVD/Hard drive.

I've got a considerable amount of experience doing these and achieve fantastic results. I use old pro equipment.

That in mind, I would be particularly interested if anybody has any Rugby League World Cup / Super League / World Club Championship or World 7's/9's on VHS.

Here is a sample of my work. A TV recording of Australia vs RSA from the 95 World Cup.

Look forward to hearing from you.

GongPanther

Referee
Have tons of VHS tapes. Mostly Panthers games, also SOO and test matches. When I eventually get around to it, I'll be putting them on HDD.

GongPanther

Referee
Sounds good. Do you recall what test matches you have? Can way we can direct message to discuss further?
Can't remember as they are stored away. They are not VHS tapes you buy from the shop, just matches on TV. I'm sure most won't be 100% good quality because I haven't rewinded most of them for over 20 odd years.

Geordie1990

Juniors
Can't remember as they are stored away. They are not VHS tapes you buy from the shop, just matches on TV. I'm sure most won't be 100% good quality because I haven't rewinded most of them for over 20 odd years.
That wouldnt be too much of a concern as I have a Tapecheck VHS Cleaner/Conditioner which I put all tapes through beforehand anyway. More or less gives the tape a nice clean and polish. It's only severe mould that makes me nervous, but that is rare.

Let me know if your interested, I'm based in Sydney for the rest of the year. Dont charge anything for 10 or so tapes. May be a good opportunity to do a clean out.

That wouldnt be too much of a concern as I have a Tapecheck VHS Cleaner/Conditioner which I put all tapes through beforehand anyway. More or less gives the tape a nice clean and polish. It's only severe mould that makes me nervous, but that is rare.

Let me know if your interested, I'm based in Sydney for the rest of the year. Dont charge anything for 10 or so tapes. May be a good opportunity to do a clean out.
How about tape print through? You can't fix that.

GongPanther

Referee

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. If my circumstances change for the worse, I'll arrange all of them to be delivered to you.

Im after any Raiders wins from the 80s and 90s i am happy to trade games or pay for them. Im after round 14 1988 its Canberras first win against the tigers. The only copies ive ever seen have horrible distorted audio. My vhs copy is incomplete unfortunately.
Cheers guys go the green machine

horrie hastings

First Grade
I thought I was old.....
When i was growing up in Paddington back in the late 60's, Win 4 and NBN 3 were the clearest channels we could pick up on the TV.

Later on when i moved into St Peters in the mid late 90's i had a portable TV in the bedroom with the rabbit ears antenna and when i went to tune in the channels all the Wollongong channels came up as the bedroom window faced south and the TV was under the window so i just left it like that so had the Sydney channels in the lounge room and the Wollongong ones in the bedroom.
Now have another TV in the bedroom which hardly gets used, when i went to tune it it put in some Sydney channels and Wollongong ones, i pointed the ariel towards south and then it tuned in the channels from the Gong but then moved the ariel facing North and all the Sydney channels auto tuned in so i have left it like that now, i rarely use the TV in the bedroom now, it mainly gathers dust.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
The old days of tuning to Channel 5A to watch Saturday football live
Yep, depending on were you lived in Sydney 5A was either crystal clear or like snow storm. At the family home in Kingsford in the 70s 5A was like watching a snow storm so no good watching it, when i moved to rental flat in Darlinghurst 5A was crystal clear so came in handy for some games.