What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Quotes and Anecdotes.

The Colonel

Immortal
Trolling through websites I tend to find many quotes on football based on American coaches and players. Not enough Australian quotes in there though.....

As a Parramatta fan the most memorable one for me is

"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" by Jack Gibson after the premiership win in 1981.

Gibson's appraisal of the speed of Andrew Ettingshausen during an Origin game was always a classic

"He's so quick he can switch off the light and be under the covers before the light is out"

Brian Smith's quote regarding Ryan Girdler after Parramatta had bashed Penrith in a close win.

"When Girdler gets in to bed tonight, he'll lift the covers to make sure Dymock won't jump out and bash him"

What are the favourites of others on here?

JJ

Immortal
Jack Gibson has to be a winner!!

I remember an Origin game when Brett Kenny beat 3 or 4 with a blistering burst, and scored a brilliant try. Asked by big Darrell Eastlake for comment, Gibson who I think was still Kenny's club coach said something like "the boy Kenny did fine".... love his laconic, understated manner

JJ

Immortal
Royce Simmons - "I'm gonna have a beer with every one of you"

OVP

Coach
Bob Fulton as coach of Manly on Bill Harrigan ...

"I hope he gets run over by a cement truck"

:lol: All time classic that one

Raider_69

Post Whore
i would like to present 2 of the more annoying quotes repeated after GF wins

Andrew Johns 2001 "All Day, All Day"
Graig Gower 2003 "Yes sir"

in cringe at the sound of these
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AdamH

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

:lol: Yeah, wassup with that?

Raider_69

Post Whore
AdamH said:
Raider_69 said:

:lol: Yeah, wassup with that?

thats the thing....... if i was privy to the story behind these sayings it might be bareable, unfortunatly im not so its just annoying jibberish
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zef

Juniors
An outraged Rex Mossop on the perils of living near a nudist beach (he found a nudie in his front yard so the story goes).

"Nobody should have to put up with having genitalia rammed down their throat."

(or words to that effect anyway).

Tidus_Raider

Bench
If u wanna hear some hilarious quotes head over to the raiders forum and check out a thread titled matty elliot classic quotes. Some of them are rippers.

JJ

Immortal
I liked "all day all day"

Gibson is great!!!

Dowling was pretty accurate when he suggested that Dane Carlaw "looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane" - he's usually pretty quotable

Howie Tamati "what we've got to do is get down the other end and score some tries" - very philosophical!!!

A great sledge from Craig Coleman. In a match against Norths, Bears centre Peter Jackson kicked out on the full. As Coleman was running past, he said, "Bloody Jackson, he can land the ball on a twenty cent piece -- just a pity it's always in a bloke's pocket in the stand ..."

:D

t-ba

Post Whore
"But I'm Tired Sir"-Hoppa, when Hamstead (I think) called him over after he penalized for being offside, for about the fifth time that day.