What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby World Cup 2015 Pool Stages

Clifferd

Coach
Wow, I don't even follow Union but to hear that I am majorly shocked

would be equivalent to the Socceroos/mid tier team beating say Germany in a soccer World Cup pool match

Parra

Referee
Eddie Jones actually suggested that this was a possibility - thought he was nuts as usual. Shiznit is right - biggest upset in RWC history. So much for Japanese rugby being bagged. Was Craig Wing playing? Jones suggested that he wouldn't.

Sanchez

Coach
Eddie Jones actually suggested that this was a possibility - thought he was nuts as usual. Shiznit is right - biggest upset in RWC history. So much for Japanese rugby being bagged. Was Craig Wing playing? Jones suggested that he wouldn't.

Wing did not play

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
go the Japs

what price I wonder ?

47-1. Japan are a good shot at making the quaters now, they should beat the USA, and to be assured a spot they'll need to beat at least one of Scotland or Samoa, which if they bring this form to those games they should manage. WOuld love to see the Japanese and Samoans both go through!

JJ

Immortal
Eddie Jones is building a case as the best coach of the modern era - in fact, I think he's already that

:lol: at the Effrikans... but it's not over

shiznit

Coach
Just caught a replay of the All Blacks finally...

We bloody looked real rusty... Which is understandable as most of our guys hadn't played for a month...

He's copped a whole lot of shit lately... And after Sydney he deserved it... But SBW was excellent.

He's not really good enough to start... But it's a real luxury being able to call upon him to change the game if things are starting to go pear shaped.

We just need to avoid injury and keep building...

I really like the black boots and silver numbers... Looks slick.

JJ

Immortal
Just caught a replay of the All Blacks finally...

We bloody looked real rusty... Which is understandable as most of our guys hadn't played for a month...

He's copped a whole lot of shit lately... And after Sydney he deserved it... But SBW was excellent.

He's not really good enough to start... But it's a real luxury being able to call upon him to change the game if things are starting to go pear shaped.

We just need to avoid injury and keep building...

I really like the black boots and silver numbers... Looks slick.

Really wish we were in a tougher pool though, the next few games will be little more than training runs - we don't have Australia or South Africa's :)lol:) ability to lose or even have close run things with poor opposition

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I'm not too sure about this World Cup for the AB's, they look old, still classy but judging by the way the tournament is being reffereed I think the calls will favour the harder/faster running teams which is what I think happened with the springboks. They could still pull it off but to see the AB's get beaten in both the collision and look like the team with less attacking flair than Argentina actually made me worry about this team. Hopefully Ireland can give it a good go because I think they've been the 2nd best team over the last 4 years.

shiznit

Coach
I'm not too sure about this World Cup for the AB's, they look old, still classy but judging by the way the tournament is being reffereed I think the calls will favour the harder/faster running teams which is what I think happened with the springboks. They could still pull it off but to see the AB's get beaten in both the collision and look like the team with less attacking flair than Argentina actually made me worry about this team. Hopefully Ireland can give it a good go because I think they've been the 2nd best team over the last 4 years.

No one will try and beat us by playing an up tempo running game.

No one can live with us when we're playing up tempo.. We're just too skilful and too accurate and too fit.

The only way someone beats us is drawing us into a dogfight.

The French are usually the best at doing it to us.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No one will try and beat us by playing an up tempo running game.

No one can live with us when we're playing up tempo.. We're just too skilful and too accurate and too fit.

The only way someone beats us is drawing us into a dogfight.

The French are usually the best at doing it to us.

Agree about the skills,

I watch a bit of NZ Rugby on Fox and the skill level of the provincial teams is amazing, their break down and ruck play is so technically correct its easy to see why the Kiwis dominate international Rugby. So much depth.

No comparison to club Rugby in Australia.

shiznit

Coach
Agree about the skills,

I watch a bit of NZ Rugby on Fox and the skill level of the provincial teams is amazing, their break down and ruck play is so technically correct its easy to see why the Kiwis dominate international Rugby. So much depth.

No comparison to club Rugby in Australia.
Mate... It was evident watching the all NZ games in super rugby this season... The games were at a different level.

The Super Rugby final between the Hurricanes and Highlanders was a massive example of it... It was an amazing game.

SMH Jurno Greg Growden has mentioned as much this season... The accuracy at the breakdown is just at a higher and more consultant level.

And your 100% right... It's down to our provincial game... They produce the talent for the super teams who intern feed the all blacks.

It doesn't guarantee victory though... If we don't turn up on the day we can get our arses kicked...

jargan83

Coach
Scotland have pulled away now, Japan pushing too many passes that didn't really need to be thrown.

Timbo

Staff member
Wallabies rolling nicely here. Destroying the Fijians in the line outs and mauls.