What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rule changes you'd like to see

Noise

Coach
Id like to see every player wear gps trackers, and only those caught continuously inside the 10 be penalized.
Sick of these tit for tat infringements where if you're offside by half a meter the opposition gets an enormous field position advantage, when some offsides aren't looked at

How many times would that player have to be continually offside for a penalty to be blown?

chiefy1

Juniors
How many times would that player have to be continually offside for a penalty to be blown?

If it's an intentional offside where it's an obvious penalty then penalize them, but if it's purely timing, I'd give them at least two chances.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
1. Make scrums proper contests again.
2. Make bombs illegal.
3. 4 interchanges only.
4. Make wrestling in the ruck illegal.
5. Minimum of two passes from dummy half for each play to prevent boring one out shit.
6. Give teams the option of a ‘one play only’ tap from the 20m line after a try for a chance at a ‘4 pt conversion’.
7. Expand the 40-20. If you kick it more than 40 metres and it goes in touch then you get a scrum feed where you find touch. Kick can be from anywhere.
8. Video referee is only used in instances where a team calls for it. Each team has three uses.

strider

Post Whore
1. Make scrums proper contests again.
2. Make bombs illegal.
3. 4 interchanges only.
4. Make wrestling in the ruck illegal.
5. Minimum of two passes from dummy half for each play to prevent boring one out shit.
6. Give teams the option of a ‘one play only’ tap from the 20m line after a try for a chance at a ‘4 pt conversion’.
7. Expand the 40-20. If you kick it more than 40 metres and it goes in touch then you get a scrum feed where you find touch. Kick can be from anywhere.
8. Video referee is only used in instances where a team calls for it. Each team has three uses.
When i watch old games, i actually think real scrums are pretty shit too. And potentially dangerous. I reckon scrums will be abolished before they are made real again.

And i done think bombs could be abolished ... how do you distinguish a bomb?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
When i watch old games, i actually think real scrums are pretty shit too. And potentially dangerous. I reckon scrums will be abolished before they are made real again.

And i done think bombs could be abolished ... how do you distinguish a bomb?
True, scrums can get messy. I guess the objective is to create the opportunity for the team not feeding the scrum to re-gain possession if they are skilful enough. It would add more excitement and less predictability. If we can’t do that with scrums then I’m sure there is some other way to make it a genuine contest.

As for bombs I think it would be like a lot of other rules - subjective. But the relentless bomb to the corners bullshit of the last 10-15 years is really f**ken boring.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id like to see screaming banned at the footy. Only clapping allowed. Sick of all the screaming and noise at a game.

hindy111

Post Whore
And people who stand up when something exciting happens. 3 strikes and your out. Sick of thet too. Along with people who keep walking past to get a beer. Ffs get one before kick off and halftime and end it.

hindy111

Post Whore
And people with big heads. Sit them at the back. Sick of paying good money to see some oversized gorrilla plonk his arse infront of me while I stare at his danruff for 80mins. f**k me.

T-Boon

Coach
1. go back to 5 meters so it is harder to play safe and the term "get to the kick" dies.
2. go to 11 aside so there is more space laterally and therefore more passing.
3. get rid of the knock on. If you drop the ball (in any direction) but recover it it should be automatic last tackle.
4. Change the whole penalty system. No more kicking for touch AND restart of tackle count.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And people who stand up when something exciting happens. 3 strikes and your out. Sick of thet too. Along with people who keep walking past to get a beer. Ffs get one before kick off and halftime and end it.
Suity reckons nobody will be able to walk across the front of the stands blocking the view of those in the front rows at the new stadium. Drink on boys.

yeah i think in extra time you should be able to accumulate as many points as you can via goals and field goals - and if no tries are scored then whoever is infront at the end of the extra time wins .... but if a try is scored to put you infront you win instantly

yeah that's what i was going for if you kick a field goal or penalty you get the points same as usual but if someone scores a try they win instantly

Latest posts