What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules Suggestions

kurt faulk

Coach
It would be good to look into revising the salaries of the rookies. Instead of going down by $2k, maybe it goes down by $1k. That way the winners / leaders of the previous year get a bit more of a cap hit at the bottom of the round. I wouldn't be against raising the 2nd rounders as well - do we need to make the cap harder to manage, not easier???

i kind of agree but the top picks should cost way more than the bottom of the 1st. that's the price you pay for getting better players. otherwise trade out and don't expect to get the same trade value as normal drafts for the higher picks.

something like - 20,18,16,14,12,10, 9,8,7,6,5,4.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Note for self
Remove trade deadline
Remove current taxi squad rules, change to any player with 2-3 year experience.
Keep unlimited IR
Look at victory points and splitting out IDP
Salary cap cut? 250-300k spare across the league
1 RFA as rookie 5th year option kicks in.
Expansion?

Last edited:

Mjp81

Juniors
Could try both? Pick the top 10-20 players for a live auction and the rest via the long method. I do feel that 48 hours is too long as well.

nick87

Coach
Rule suggestion:

free agents who are paid over a certain threshold should need to get a minimum of 2 years
I've noticed a trend where we've got a LOT of dudes who are getting paid top of the market and just getting a 1 year deal so franchises arent locked in... feels almost redrafty

think franchises would be more hesitant to pay 50k for a RB if they were locked in for 2 years

Not sure what the threshold should be, maybe 10k?
But if you grab the top free agent for 40k, i think in spirit, you should be obligated to commit beyond a year