1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumour of current All Black joining The Warriors?

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Grapple, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Grapple

Grapple Bench

Anyone hear about this rumour?

Obviously it wouldn't be SBW, seeing as the new owners said they wouldn't go near the "show-pony". (even know they did enquire and as if they'd turn the bastard down)

I can imagine someone like Piri Weepu, considering his ties with Hayne... He'd be a way better version of Isaac Luke, with a better kicking game and less cannon ball tackles. With the Warriors depth it seems unlikely they'd need anyone though....

Brad Thorn? ;-)

2. Eels Dude

Eels Dude Coach

------> Warriors forum

3. Loudstrat

Loudstrat Coach

If true it is of general interest - otherwise the DCE thread should have been in the Manly forum, the SBW threads in the Roosters forum, and the Carney threads in the Moron forum.

4. Rod

Rod Bench

Weepu has ties to league from way back so I guess he'd be the favourite. Plus with Maloney leaving he could nab a halves spot.

I always thought Ma'a Nonu would make a great league centre and seeing as he has a WC win now it would be a good time to go. That's just my personal guess though.

5. CC_Roosters

CC_Roosters First Grade

Would love it to be Dagg. When you think about it many of the all blacks players have acheived all they can in union, so if the warriors can match the financial side of it then i wouldn't be surprised at one jumping at some stage

OT but are the top echelon of NZ union players on serious money or poor compared to say the NRL, ARU and northern hemisphere?

6. Rod

Rod Bench

Compared to the NRL the top All Blacks would be on about the same I reckon.

The Northern Hemisphere is a whole other story, we can't compete with their cash.

7. Grapple

Grapple Bench

Oh man... imagine Dagg?! Instant superstar. I thought the same in regards to Nonu, he would be a damaging centre. Also thought the same about the fact players might jump ship with the growing popularity of league and over saturation of union in NZ.

(found a similar thread in Warriors forum, apologies)

8. Cletus

Cletus First Grade

They have to play for a NZ super 15 team to be eligible so they're not on as much as the crazy money they can get in France for example. I don't whether they get top ups like the Wallabies do from the ARU. But I'd say it would be someone who has played league before like Weepu.

Would it end up pissing off All Blacks fans though? I guess the player could play until the next World Cup and then go back to Union.

9. JoeD

JoeD First Grade

Regular first choice ABs would be on decent coin compared with NRL players. My guess is if true it would be fringe AB

10. TheDalek079

TheDalek079 Bench

Imagine if it was Dagg. With Locke and Johnson they'd be unstoppable!

11. Brutus

Brutus Referee

Dagg who?

12. TheDalek079

TheDalek079 Bench

Israel Dagg. The superstar fullback. Mils was the incumbant, but Izzy was so hot they had to pick him instead for the World Cup. He is electrifying. I'd prefer him over Quade at the Roosters

13. stormbati

stormbati Bench

:lol:

14. Izz

Izz Bench

Weepu and Nonu are too old. Don't need another fullback (Dagg), because we've got Locke and The Fish is contracted until 2015. Might be Rene Ranger. Wouldn't mind him rampaging in the centers with Hurrell.

15. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

Sheep Dagg?

16. Brutus

Brutus Referee

That's what I thought.

17. Warrior@Heart

[email protected] Juniors

Actually had a dream Dagg was playing for the warriors the other night, maybe it was a premonition.

18. VodafoneWarriors1995

VodafoneWarriors1995 Juniors

He may not be an All Black, but I wouldn't mind Robbie Fruean. 23-year-old outside centre. Played for the Junior All Blacks. Stands at 190cm and weighs 110kg. Absolute monster of a player. Has an extremely powerful fend. Raw power is what defines him.

19. Parra

Parra Referee

Any of the players mentioned so far would carve it up. Nonu probably too old.

Would be good to see. Ranger or Fruean especially.

20. Wilson1

Wilson1 Juniors

Sounds like a ridiculous rumour with no basis to me.

Being an All Black in New Zealand gives you a lot of respect. Going to league means that you are going into a different sport where you have no guarantee of success. Just being able to play for the All Blacks is worth a lot to these players.