What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Soward wants release... Hope Not

SuperSoward

Juniors
This is from the Bulldogs debate page...

Name: Doggyz
Date: Sunday, 23rd November 2008, 01:04:09 PM
re: Graeme Hughes :: follow up to post by puppy love [ref]
We are a chance but many clubs after him. This will all happen if Bennett gets his man to replace Soward in the halves then he will be released...

Name: ToddH
Date: Sunday, 23rd November 2008, 01:11:55 PM
re: Graeme Hughes :: follow up to post by Doggyz [ref]
My guess is Bennett is probably trying to entice Hohaia to the dragons. IMO why would we even bother with Soward. His defence makes Barba look like David Gillespie. If we are concerned with Barba's defensive problems then why are we even looking at Soward.

I hope that Soward wont go and remember this is a RUMOUR FROM BULLDOGS DEBATE PAGE. Bennett would only let him go if he had someone better signing with the club. Soward resigned this year too.

condochook

Juniors

Name: Doggyz
Date: Sunday, 23rd November 2008, 01:04:09 PM
re: Graeme Hughes :: follow up to post by puppy love [ref]
We are a chance but many clubs after him. This will all happen if Bennett gets his man to replace Soward in the halves then he will be released...

Name: ToddH
Date: Sunday, 23rd November 2008, 01:11:55 PM
re: Graeme Hughes :: follow up to post by Doggyz [ref]
My guess is Bennett is probably trying to entice Hohaia to the dragons. IMO why would we even bother with Soward. His defence makes Barba look like David Gillespie. If we are concerned with Barba's defensive problems then why are we even looking at Soward.

I hope that Soward wont go and remember this is a RUMOUR FROM BULLDOGS DEBATE PAGE. Bennett would only let him go if he had someone better signing with the club. Soward resigned this year too.

i think that he was re signed for two years.so their would be a biggish payout if they gave him the flick

Ray Parlour

Juniors
Mate Bulldogs fans are full of sh*t and blow arses.

I wont believe it until it happens.

I doubt we would put Soward on the cover of our membership packages whilst trying to offload him to the dogs.

SuperSoward

Juniors
Yea true ray. I made a rumour on their page and they believed it. twas pretty funny.

Oh yea, they also said that there was 'whispers' of K.Hunt signing and that I.Luke and L.Hohaia impressed Bennett and they are on his radar.

we have like 3 hookers I think and you can put Hornby in there too. Hohaia would be alright though. He was in great form this season

watatank

Coach
i think that he was re signed for two years.so their would be a biggish payout if they gave him the flick

Nah, the new club would take over the contract if it came to it. It seems odd to release him unless we got a damn good replacement for him.

Nevan_

First Grade
They don't know anything, if they did, they wouldn't support the cheating bastards.

rushndude

Bench
IMO why would we even bother with Soward. His defence makes Barba look like David Gillespie. If we are concerned with Barba's defensive problems then why are we even looking at Soward.
LOL this bit was a classic! Ben Barba literally runs away from making a tackle if someone is running at him.
I guess the doggies fans didnt pay much attention to Soward's defense in 08, it was much improved over 07. His try saving tackle on Pomeroy in that second Sharks game was awesome if anyone can remember.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Sorry, I didn't read anything after that.

SuperSoward

Juniors
LOL this bit was a classic! Ben Barba literally runs away from making a tackle if someone is running at him.
I guess the doggies fans didnt pay much attention to Soward's defense in 08, it was much improved over 07. His try saving tackle on Pomeroy in that second Sharks game was awesome if anyone can remember.

Yea I remember that tackle. And I think there was a good one that took Gallen out

marty_dragon

Juniors
like ray said i doubt the club would plaster his face over membership packages and then release him. (although stranger things have happended ie loosing gaz). I hope we keep him i like the lil bugger.

Slackboy72

Coach
I don't know about you guys but it really bugs me when people type 'resign' when they mean 're-sign'.

dragonfan1

Juniors
I don't know about you guys but it really bugs me when people type 'resign' when they mean 're-sign'.

Bugs me too. They are two different meanings. Soward wants release is bs. You know why rumours are called rumours? Because most of the time they aren't true.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
FIrst they wanted Cooper, then Morris now Soward. Isn't it easier for these supporters to just change allegence and go or the Dragons. They obviously feel we have the best talent. Scum........