What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Avenger's Secrets XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree with pou.forwards have changed.Hindy even stopped making breaks due too players out wide getting bigger.And cayles had a great offload but coaches took it away cause of the risk factor

Utey

Coach
Been out of the loop but why is there talk of Junior P being cut to sign with Raiders? Is this strictly relating to our cap and easing some pressure?

Fanbase

Juniors
I find it interesting that the people who complain most about Pou polluting the airwaves are the ones who give him the most oxygen. And then they complain more because he outlasts them with his appetite for debate.
Having said that, hes a merkin of the highest order because his capacity for typing out shit on an interweb forum
Is sooo much higher than mine.

Ah hello Pou.

You would have loved Craig Stapleton. Average player but had great stats. Get some old videos and educate yourself. Bahahahahahaha.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I agree with pou.forwards have changed.Hindy even stopped making breaks due too players out wide getting bigger.And cayles had a great offload but coaches took it away cause of the risk factor

I think the fact that he had arthritis in his Toe and became slower than my grandma (with similar footwork) also contributed.

That, and tackling himself stupid every game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Been out of the loop but why is there talk of Junior P being cut to sign with Raiders? Is this strictly relating to our cap and easing some pressure?

Not so much 'easing pressure'. Probably more about not wanting to match Canberra's big money and inevitably having to 'ease pressure' on the cap at some other stage.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'd say it's strictly related to Junior's ability to get the best deal he possibly can, from whoever is throwing stupid money around (and that'd be Ricky). I don't think we need to let anyone go to ease cap pressure - we've hardly got anyone signed up for 2017 onwards yet.

As much as I think Junior offers the team more than Mannah will from 2017 onwards, we can't pay overs to keep everyone - we can find another Junior, or take a punt on the guys coming through (or moving to prop from the back row) to replace him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well said bart.

Junior is an excellent attacking forward, probably the best we have, at least in the middle. But the thing about middle players (unlike edge players) is that they don't need to be replaced on a one-for-one basis. Instead their roles and tasks can be divvied up among other players In the middle third.

And for all he offers us in attack, Junior Paulo has a criminally low defensive involvement rate compared to the game's elite forwards, as well as compared to the honest toilers. That means he is neither.

Gazzamatta

Coach
P.S. Despite my cheap chicken shot, you are spot on about the number of people who are obsessed about trying to 'score a point' against Pou.

There are 4 or 5 people who spend at least 50% of their time trying to discredit him.

And they have no idea that other contributors find them far more boring that he who they wish to discredit.
Well said son.

hindy111

Post Whore
Guys...I am down the sth coast relaxing. What do i see on the street.A young kid rasing money for his junior footy club.Take photos with a lizard for $2. I wasnt interested in the lizard but i gave him some cash.
What club logos thou for this local team down sth? Penrith panthers.I can see why they won the under 20s 2/3 last years...
Just sayin guys.Hope we are as active as this

oldmancraigy

Coach
Guys...I am down the sth coast relaxing. What do i see on the street.A young kid rasing money for his junior footy club.Take photos with a lizard for $2. I wasnt interested in the lizard but i gave him some cash.
What club logos thou for this local team down sth? Penrith panthers.I can see why they won the under 20s 2/3 last years...
Just sayin guys.Hope we are as active as this

You do post a lot of crap, but this might just take the cake.....

Because there is a south coast panthers club, they win the 20s every year :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.