What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
just a quick update...

Manu Mau is now likely to start mid January if all goes according to plan.

The fulltime squad is now settled and likely to be no more additions although things seem to change everyday in this industry so you never know.

There will be another addition to the NYC squad, an outside back who knows his way to the tryline, will confirm it once I get the all clear.
Love your work Mate.

Kornstar

Coach
just a quick update...

Manu Mau is now likely to start mid January if all goes according to plan.

The fulltime squad is now settled and likely to be no more additions although things seem to change everyday in this industry so you never know.

There will be another addition to the NYC squad, an outside back who knows his way to the tryline, will confirm it once I get the all clear.

Thanks Stagger, always appreciated

emjaycee

Coach
Ok, this thread has been quiet for nearly a week and although i don't personally believe it i heard the craziness rumour this morning that i have to share. the rumour came from the guy that runs my local cafe and was given to him by a copper he knows.

N Hindmarsh to Dragons in 2013 for 1 year.

As i said, i don't believe it but this is the rumours and crap thread afterall.

TeHEel

Juniors
Well here is one Jennings -> Roosters

Not saying "done deal" just know that NP has been in talks. As they say NP more often then not gets what he wants...

Noise

Coach

Not saying "done deal" just know that NP has been in talks. As they say NP more often then not gets what he wants...

If they jagged Jennings that is f**ken good recruitment for them; SBW, Maloney and Jennings. merkins!

Raudonikis

Juniors
Ok, this thread has been quiet for nearly a week and although i don't personally believe it i heard the craziness rumour this morning that i have to share. the rumour came from the guy that runs my local cafe and was given to him by a copper he knows.

N Hindmarsh to Dragons in 2013 for 1 year.

As i said, i don't believe it but this is the rumours and crap thread afterall.

Thats moss vale dragons mate,some seniors comp they have.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Took long enough... Canavan tells the truth he did not speak to Jennings management today. Nick spoke to them before Christmas.

Sydney Roosters deny Jennings contact

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8589874

Penrith are in a real pickle over this, it appears Jennings is standing his ground and the roosters are the only ones who can possibly accomodate are putting preasure on them to pay as much as the frieght as possible..

I spoke to somone at our club about him before chrissy and he said he's just on too much money to even make a dabble at him..

The Colonel

Immortal
Spoke with someone from Penrith and apparently there is some real friction at the club with Jennings and a number of other senior players given what he is being paid and the latitude that he is given.

He just isn't worth the sort of money he is paid. Gould playing hardball and not allowing any thing less then full freight will fester these issues.

TeHEel

Juniors

Penrith are in a real pickle over this, it appears Jennings is standing his ground and the roosters are the only ones who can possibly accomodate are putting preasure on them to pay as much as the frieght as possible..

I spoke to somone at our club about him before chrissy and he said he's just on too much money to even make a dabble at him..

Good on him I say. Penrith made the mistake so if they want him out they should lose the most and not cost Jennings a cent..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Good on him I say. Penrith made the mistake so if they want him out they should lose the most and not cost Jennings a cent..

Just out of interest, I wonder who signed off on the deal? Matt Elliott, Phil Moss??..mmmm!!

Spoke with someone from Penrith and apparently there is some real friction at the club with Jennings and a number of other senior players given what he is being paid and the latitude that he is given.

He just isn't worth the sort of money he is paid. Gould playing hardball and not allowing any thing less then full freight will fester these issues.

Maybe not $650k a year, but I think "value" should only be judged on the average price of a contract, not just the back-ended, baloon value.

I don't see the point in Penrith letting him go if they still have to pay a reasonable portion of Gus salary (say $250k/yr). That will only give them an extra $400k to spend, and he is worth that IMO. Too late to be bitching about his current contract. Get over it and work out the best way to move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.