Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by El Diablo, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigfella

Bigfella Coach

I would love to get him - but a 12 month contract demanding to play off season Japan and have a fight?

He would miss heaps of preseason; e rusty anyway; and if he picks up a serious injury or even a few
    little ones (which frankly given his past and the difference in collision frequency seems almost certain) it becomes a lot less attractive

And I can't see how an NRL side can compete with the other code

There has been plenty of talk it's a done deal at roosters but I have a few queries tbh

2. parra-matters

parra-matters Coach

no way would i sign SBW for one season missing most of the pre-season.
    it would have to be 2-3 years no playing union in the offseason and no boxing.
    If he does goto the roosters i'm tipping a few of them will be pretty pissed if he misses the preseason and strolls into the starting side on $800k a year.

3. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Sounds almost as stupid as paying 800k for a kid and then give him 2 years off to ride a bike in QLD.

#hebetterbetraining

4. eels81236

eels81236 Bench

That just about sums it up.

5. Noise

Noise Coach

If we lose hayne for said bike rider there will be a riot of biblical proportions:x

6. Parra Pride

Parra Pride Coach

Heads will surely roll if we lose Hayne.

#AndRightfullySo

7. strider

strider Post Whore

i like what you did there

:lol:

8. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Thanks Gronk, we sign a State Of Origin player at 19 years of age who everyone wanted and you still come on here to moan, sighs:crazy:

9. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

we can't blow the cap on one player and he has already said he expects big bucks or he's off

10. spartan2153

spartan2153 Juniors

He was a state of origin player when signed. He is coming to us at the age of 21 after walking around qld for 2 years which he will also be on big bucks when he arrives. I think it is safe to say people have there reservations at the money that was thrown at him after being away from the game for so long. If we lose hayne because of money then it falls on our coaching & recruitment staff as hoppa well be taken a large chunk of the pie.

11. strider

strider Post Whore

wouldn't it be hilarious (well not really but u know what i mean) if he came back in a years time the size of fat albert :lol: :lol:

12. Gronk

LOL lighten up Delboy. I wasn't serious.

Someone was going to sign him and I'm glad it was us.

Anyway Pou said we don't pay overs, so that means he must be worth over $1m seing we got him for $800k.

#bringon2014

13. Gronk

FMD his brother is Albert !

#omen

14. Tony Bongo

Tony Bongo Bench

I understand the concerns people have about a player that will be out of the game and walking around QLD for 2 years, but some players sign up with clubs and stand around pubs, or get successive injuries and are out of the game for a season or more. I would rather have Hopoate signed than either of the later.
    Reni Maitua was out of the game for just as long and many were expressing similar concerns about his signing and IMO he hasn't let us down.
    The fact is that he will only be 21 years old when he returns and will have the personal satisfaction of having fulfilled his religious duties. He comes to our club in the prime of his youth, without baggage and we know he will be a player that will not be making headlines for the wrong reasons and will be a clean skin.
    The only risk realistically is if he decides that his missionary service is the life for him. If he does he will cost us nothing anyway so I don't see the problem that others have with his signing.
    I think things will be fine and I can't wait to see him playing in the Blue and Gold. Sure he loves God but there is no doubt in my mind that he also loves his footy. He's grown up with it, his dad, uncle and brothers play it and it's in his blood. He will be fine.:thumb
    P.S : It's the first time I've ever wanted a Mormon to knock on my door. He's welcome in my house any time.:D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  15. El Diablo

El Diablo Post Whore

Hopoate coming back should be better than Loko seeing the poor guy has just had back to back knee reconstructions

16. Maroubra Eel

Maroubra Eel Coach

Great post Tony.

What position do you think he will play?

17. Gronk

Huh ? So he'll be right for November training or he's out for longer ?

18. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

He will come back looking like the Brown Hornet...and even if you are right we might need another front rower.

19. strider

strider Post Whore

actually the biggest risk is not that he will like the missionary stuff so much that he totally bails, it is that he comes back with not alot of motivation to play good footy but still stays on and plays for 3 years chewing up $800K but not producing what he is capable of

but I don't think that will happen - he seems like a good kid (which is f**king amazing considering his dipshit nutcase father)

20. Noise

Noise Coach

Does anyone think he may leave his bike ride early and come play for us next year? Surely if we offered t-rex $ 500 000 we'd have some money for hoppa

Bongo if he knocks on your door, you should steal his bike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.