What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
Who ? Brian Smith ? When he took over in 1997 we were in a similar situation. He immediately made an impact and we made the semis in his first year and he continued to do it 80% of the time he was here.

Ricky Stuart won a GF in his first year and then made a further 2 grand finals. We all know he was sacked from the Roosters due to the feud that he had with Gould at the time. He then went to the Sharks and got them into the semis in his first year.

This taking 5 years to win a comp is horse shit. Do you know what the aim should be every year you compete in the comp ? To win the f**king thing not come 8th.

Yes signing Brian Smith will guarantee us to win a comp.

I've heard it all now.

spartan2153

Juniors
I agree. It's not just those fundamental handling arrors, it's the defensive lapses (something we didn't have as much last year) that has been costing us more.
It's easy to point the finger at Kearney without looking at any other possible issues. There's been a million theories put up for the reasons, but none of us would know what the truth is.
I just won't wear the claimed supposed fact that it is ALL down to one person.

Suity
The reason the gun is pointed at kearney this year in particular is he now has had offseasons with the eels. He spent plenty of money & people all would agree this years squad is alot better than last years.

To date we have the worst defence & to make it worse we have been in out of our games. The other games that were close only became like that after the opposition clocked off.

He seems like a nice guy but he aint what people are lead to believe. Our attack is worse this year as well. The handling of sandow was a little embarassing.

I still cannot believe he tried comparing a bench forward being relegated to reserve grade the same as sandow for me that was childish & showed he is clutching at straws.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm prepared to give Kearney until the halfway mark of this season. If we aren't more than 3 wins after 12 games then I'm going to go ballistic.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so it's the forwards fault that the wingers drop the ball and fail to contest a kick?

No it's the forwards' fault the opposition always seem to be attacking our line.

It's also their fault that when the opposition do hit us on the edges it's always off the back of a quick play-the-ball.

lingard

Coach
Kearney was brought in to sack merkins. There will be no improvement until the cleanout is done.

Even if they replace him this will still be the case.

But we need to spend it on more than one f**king player. We need several first graders, not just a single representative star.

We need to extend the Tony Williamses of the future so Manly can't come along and pinch them while we sit there with a thumb in our arsehole.

And who, exactly, has Kearney 'sacked' or 'cleaned-out'? Luke Burt and Nathan Hindmarsh were due for retirement anyway. Same with Nathan Cayless. Would have happened anyway. Who else? I reckon Daniel Anderson did a better 'clean-out' job than Kearney. He got rid of Inu, Mateo and Finch.
We didn`t need to sign Kearney in order to have a 'clean-out' of the club; that process was already well underway under Anderson.

lingard

Coach
Maybe Kearney's 5 year plan revolves around developing and building a Laser Gun which changes the aging process so that younger players develop quicker. Middle range players don't get old and tired. And older players can be reversed in age so that the entire squad can play at their peak.

Yeah, but he`d probably even f**k that up.

lingard

Coach
Our backrowers were signed to long term contracts prior to Sk arriving, Smith has been injured , Horo too as well as no improvement. Hindy great player but at the end of an illustrious career, Shackelton and Poore have not performed, Shack is a tweener, not mobile enough for 2nd row and not big enough for prop. Poore has basically been injured. The other big signing, Tahu left in a hissy fit.

Until these players contracts run out (thanks DA) we will struggle to invest up front as there would be nothing left for the backs, its a true fact and I cant wait for some replacements to come in, they surely would be more dynamic than that lot

How long will that be? Oh, and you think Daniel Anderson could have predicted that Poore and Shackleton would be so hard-hit by injury?

lingard

Coach
I agree. It's not just those fundamental handling arrors, it's the defensive lapses (something we didn't have as much last year) that has been costing us more.
It's easy to point the finger at Kearney without looking at any other possible issues. There's been a million theories put up for the reasons, but none of us would know what the truth is.
I just won't wear the claimed supposed fact that it is ALL down to one person.

Suity

Mate, he`s the HEAD COACH. You know? The boss. If the players have lost confidence in him or his vision or his game-plans or his tactics or whatever - even if it isn`t his fault (even if there is a conspiracy against him or some of the players have decided to rebel against him) he is the one who has to go. Don`t you get it? If the players won`t play for the coach any more, he`s a dead man walking. You can`t get rid of all the players (and you can`t wait for two or three years until you have a different roster). Even if Kearney is a lovely bloke who has been unfairly treated by some of the players; doesn`t matter. He has to go. Once the coach loses the players, he`s gone. It`s like a teacher who 'loses the classroom'. You don`t replace the class; you replace the teacher.

Kornstar

Coach
How long will that be? Oh, and you think Daniel Anderson could have predicted that Poore and Shackleton would be so hard-hit by injury?

People are dissing SK so he had to bring up DA, it's all his fault! 7 from 34 is bloody good considering how bad DA f**ked this club!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts