What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
Someone wake me up when we sign someone noteworthy. I don't feel like a team list just yet....

I think and wouldve thought most shared, that Mansour was the best they had. Simmons has been blessed this year, he's 26 been around for ages and only just now done something. Roberts is a little over hyped but certainly has the potential. I'd be cutting Simmons ahead of Masnour personally.

Dunno about the kids you mentioned but at the very least K Naq, simmons, roberts and prob coote would be behind Mansour IMO, and obviously would make a play for him before the rest of them.

I agree. Personally, I think if he hadn't been injured early this year that we would have been pushing for an origin spot. I rate him very highly.

emjaycee

Coach
Unable to over hype Parra juniors (due to their performance) Parramatta Forum members have now taken to over hyping Penrith juniors. Hehe

oldmancraigy

Coach
I think and wouldve thought most shared, that Mansour was the best they had. Simmons has been blessed this year, he's 26 been around for ages and only just now done something. Roberts is a little over hyped but certainly has the potential. I'd be cutting Simmons ahead of Masnour personally.

Dunno about the kids you mentioned but at the very least K Naq, simmons, roberts and prob coote would be behind Mansour IMO, and obviously would make a play for him before the rest of them.

Pretty sure Simmons turned 26 back in 2010..... So unless he's had his 26th birthday 4 times over??

T.S Quint

Coach
This year should have proven that wingers are no longer a dime a dozen.

I would definitely have Hopoate on the wing next year.
Probably Sio on the other. Morgan and Loko in the centres.

I can't believe some people have come out and said "Why would you pay so much money for Hopoate just to play him on the wing" when it is clear that wing is such an important position nowadays. As you said we have definitely proven that this year.

How many bombs have our wingers dropped? How many tries have we let in because of this?
How many times have our wingers been caught in "no-man's land" in defence?
I'm pretty sure we have scored zero tries from kicks out to the corner. Can anyone remember one this year?

84 Baby

Referee
I can't believe some people have come out and said "Why would you pay so much money for Hopoate just to play him on the wing" when it is clear that wing is such an important position nowadays. As you said we have definitely proven that this year.
Well the thing is with proper talent identification and better pathways, we shouldn't have to pay loads for other teams' wingers. Daniel Tupou & Jorge Taufua would have definitely taken the focus off our lack of wing ability

84 Baby

Referee
f**k it!

Team list of our U20's alumni, just off top of my head

1. Nathan Gardner
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Ryan Morgan
4. Justin Hunt
5. Daniel Tupou
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Mitch Allgood
9. Anthony Mitchell
10. Tim Mannah
11. Taniela Lasalo
12. Tony Williams
13. Peni Terepo

14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Taulima Tautai
16. Albert Kelly
17. Pat O'Hanlon

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So then it's settled.

Norman will play fullback while Hayne and Hoppa stay out on the wings.

Loko will play in the 6.

I reckon Hayne and Hopoate are also the best fullbacks (and probably the best centres) in the club as well.

I'd say Hayne's the best in the club at every position from 1 to 7, and probably the best edge forward as well.

Loko would be lucky to be the fourth best centre in next year's squad. Fifth if we keep Tonga.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon Hayne and Hopoate are also the best fullbacks (and probably the best centres) in the club as well.

I'd say Hayne's the best in the club at every position from 1 to 7, and probably the best edge forward as well.

Loko would be lucky to be the fourth best centre in next year's squad. Fifth if we keep Tonga.

But I reckon loko could be our best edge forward by the end of next year

Djay

Juniors
But I reckon loko could be our best edge forward by the end of next year

A move to the forwards is happening eventually regardless, I think he could turn into a very damaging wide running backrower, just hope injury doesn't ruin a talented player like him.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

he's already our best centre by 3 good furlongs

Eelementary

Post Whore
A move to the forwards is happening eventually regardless, I think he could turn into a very damaging wide running backrower, just hope injury doesn't ruin a talented player like him.

I think moving him closer to the action has many benefits, two of which are:

* Less room for him in which to make a bad decision and more help to improve his tackling efficiency; and

* Being up against back-rowers who don't have his agility and speed, he won't need to step as much, and theoretically, it would save his knees.

I just think he's wasted in the centres tbh.

Eels Dude

Coach
he's already our best centre by 3 good furlongs

I agree with Poupou on this one. What he's brought to the team this year are strong runs, solid metres, a stack of tackle breaks, but not much in the way of finishing skills, creativity for his outside man, and strong one on one defence and decision making out wide. He can do the former from the back row, while the latter skills he lacks are the necessity of a good centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts