What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingard

Coach
I would definitely have Hopoate on the wing next year.
Probably Sio on the other. Morgan and Loko in the centres.

I can't believe some people have come out and said "Why would you pay so much money for Hopoate just to play him on the wing" when it is clear that wing is such an important position nowadays. As you said we have definitely proven that this year.

How many bombs have our wingers dropped? How many tries have we let in because of this?
How many times have our wingers been caught in "no-man's land" in defence?
I'm pretty sure we have scored zero tries from kicks out to the corner. Can anyone remember one this year?

Hoppoate can play wing; and very well. There's no doubt about that. But he's also an extremely good centre. Played for NSW at centre. Played very well, too. I'd prefer to see Loko on the left wing, outside Hoppoate. Either Morgan or Tonga the other centre. The right wing could then be Morgan or someone else. See, Hoppoate can actually make breaks from the centre position because he's very fast and very skilful. Morgan can too. I'd like to see two dangerous attacking centres for a change.

lingard

Coach
I reckon Hayne and Hopoate are also the best fullbacks (and probably the best centres) in the club as well.

I'd say Hayne's the best in the club at every position from 1 to 7, and probably the best edge forward as well.

Loko would be lucky to be the fourth best centre in next year's squad. Fifth if we keep Tonga.

I reckon Loko could be a pretty good winger, though.

lingard

Coach
To be a good centre you definitely need to punch or create holes in the opposition defensive line.

That's why I reckon j Lo is much better than morgan.

But I agree about the deficiencies in his game and see no reason why he wouldn't serve us well in the back row or at wing.

We are much tighter on that side already for having tonga instead of him.

Morgan makes far more clean breaks than Loko.

lingard

Coach
I agree - halfback is a big problem. But at least we have options - Kelly seems to be showing some potential, and Sandow can really show if he wants to be a part of this club or not.

I don't necessarily think we will go far in 2014, but acquiring a quality hooker, some quality forwards, a quality back and a quality 5/8 certainly will help us climb the ladder.

I agree with your optimism for next year. I think Luke Kelly has shown sufficient reason to be re-signed as well - he might at least keep Sandow honest. I actually think we'll easily make the finals next year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Apparently Everingham is off contract at Souths. Although he is unlikely to leave from what I read, we could certainly do alot worse.

Djay

Juniors
This is the same crowd of people that were calling Kelly shit during the first half of the season.

Nah not really I thought he and Sandow would do well, and if you recall sandow started the season very well and Kelly was the one who fell away.

Anyways, his a good organiser, his kicking game at times is good and then for example at a key point in the match on Saturday he puts a bomb 20 metres over the dead ball line, key plays like that is the last thing we need. His solid at best, but unfortunately that doesn't cut it especially for a team as shit as ours. Who knows how Kelly and Norman could go in the halves together, but I'd much prefer seeing Sandow and Norman together. Sandow has been mediocre at best, but his show glimpsesn, if by round 10 or so next year with a solid spine around him of Hayne, Norman and Peats his still struggling then it's time to look elsewhere, but I really can't see Kelly getting us outta this rut we've been stuck in for the past 5-6 years.

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon Loko could be a pretty good winger, though.

Based on what?

Sure he would be great on kick returns, but apart from that what tells you that he would be a good winger?
He hasn't had much chance to finish off some tries, but he has bombed a couple this year. Who know how he would go under the high ball or positioning himself in defence.

He might very well be a good winger, but so far I haven't seen anything that would suggest this.

Delboy

First Grade
Loko will be playing as an edge forward next year. cant say who I spoke to, as obviously no one in the club speaks to nuffies who wander about :)

Chipmunk

Coach
We could also do worse than Nathan Fien. He is a better option at the moment than what we have playing 6, 7 or 9.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Loko will be playing as an edge forward next year. cant say who I spoke to, as obviously no one in the club speaks to nuffies who wander about :)

Worst kept secret in the club, mate.

If Loko was intended to play centre next year we wouldn't have signed/re-signed so many centres.

Delboy

First Grade
Worst kept secret in the club, mate.

If Loko was intended to play centre next year we wouldn't have signed/re-signed so many centres.

Agreed, was reacting to all the posts suggesting he will play wing or centre, as you say, not his intended role next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts