What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoochies

First Grade
Both members of Parramatta's much-vaunted 2014 halves pairing could be playing state cup football this weekend, with Corey Norman facing the axe at Brisbane.
Norman, one of four key signings for the Eels next year, could be demoted to the Queensland Cup when the Broncos name their side to take on North Queensland. The Eels' last big-name recruit, Chris Sandow, could also play his next game in the NSW Cup after being dropped by coach Ricky Stuart.
Only a leg injury, and a bye for Wentworthville last weekend, saved Sandow from the ignominy of another appearance for the Magpies.
However, Luke Kelly will be difficult to dislodge from the No.7 jersey slot after an impressive kicking display against Canberra in atrocious conditions. Norman will play in his preferred position of five-eighth when he joins the Blue and Golds but he has played at fullback for Brisbane this year.
Advertisement
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin has been under pressure to make changes after a forgettable start to the season which has the club in danger of missing finals football. It is understood halfback Peter Wallace is likely to be demoted to the bench, while Norman could miss a spot in the 17 altogether.
Ben Hunt would be one of the contenders to take Wallace's place in the halves.
Norman, once touted as Darren Lockyer's long-term successor at No.6, trained with the first-grade squad on Monday. He last played in the Intrust Super Cup for Norths in 2011.
Sandow came to the Eels with much fanfare last year after rising to stardom at South Sydney, but he has struggled to recapture that form since accepting a reputed $550,000-a-year offer to join Parramatta and was dumped to the Magpies last year by then coach Stephen Kearney.
Wallace is contracted until the end of next year but his demotion could give rise to speculation about his future.
Newcastle, Penrith and St George Illawarra recently expressed interest in the halfback, although the Dragons have subsequently signed playmaker Sam Williams from Canberra.
The Eels - who have already signed Norman, Will Hopoate and Englishmen Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop - are desperate to add a hooker and are closing in on the signature of the Rabbitohs' Nathan Peats.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tate-league-20130722-2qew0.html#ixzz2ZoD38QDm

I think so.

I don't actually think he's a superstar, but I think his work in recent weeks has shown significantly more upside potential than Sandow has this year. Given there are no obvious high-quality options on the market, he's the way I'd go at this stage. But who knows, I'm happy for Chrissy to surprise me....but I'm not convinced that he's got his mind straight.

The Colonel

Immortal
Both members of Parramatta's much-vaunted 2014 halves pairing could be playing state cup football this weekend, with Corey Norman facing the axe at Brisbane.
Norman, one of four key signings for the Eels next year, could be demoted to the Queensland Cup when the Broncos name their side to take on North Queensland. The Eels' last big-name recruit, Chris Sandow, could also play his next game in the NSW Cup after being dropped by coach Ricky Stuart.
Only a leg injury, and a bye for Wentworthville last weekend, saved Sandow from the ignominy of another appearance for the Magpies.
However, Luke Kelly will be difficult to dislodge from the No.7 jersey slot after an impressive kicking display against Canberra in atrocious conditions. Norman will play in his preferred position of five-eighth when he joins the Blue and Golds but he has played at fullback for Brisbane this year.
Advertisement
Broncos coach Anthony Griffin has been under pressure to make changes after a forgettable start to the season which has the club in danger of missing finals football. It is understood halfback Peter Wallace is likely to be demoted to the bench, while Norman could miss a spot in the 17 altogether.
Ben Hunt would be one of the contenders to take Wallace's place in the halves.
Norman, once touted as Darren Lockyer's long-term successor at No.6, trained with the first-grade squad on Monday. He last played in the Intrust Super Cup for Norths in 2011.
Sandow came to the Eels with much fanfare last year after rising to stardom at South Sydney, but he has struggled to recapture that form since accepting a reputed $550,000-a-year offer to join Parramatta and was dumped to the Magpies last year by then coach Stephen Kearney.
Wallace is contracted until the end of next year but his demotion could give rise to speculation about his future.
Newcastle, Penrith and St George Illawarra recently expressed interest in the halfback, although the Dragons have subsequently signed playmaker Sam Williams from Canberra.
The Eels - who have already signed Norman, Will Hopoate and Englishmen Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop - are desperate to add a hooker and are closing in on the signature of the Rabbitohs' Nathan Peats.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tate-league-20130722-2qew0.html#ixzz2ZoD38QDm

I think the main word in that whole article is desperate.

Again we are signing a player who can fill roles in the back line in Norman and doing the same by signing Peats.

We are desperate and due to the lack of big names we will take anyone on offer at an inflated price. We have to, that much is clear but I think our reasoning behind signing the players we are is seriously flawed.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I don't actually think he's a superstar, but I think his work in recent weeks has shown significantly more upside potential than Sandow has this year. Given there are no obvious high-quality options on the market, he's the way I'd go at this stage. But who knows, I'm happy for Chrissy to surprise me....but I'm not convinced that he's got his mind straight.

Fair comment in regards to getting his head right.

Delboy

First Grade
Must admit I thought Sandow would give us the 7 we lacked, then again I thought Dykes would rove to be the missing piece to get the Eels to a GF.

Actually, reasonably happy with next years recruitment, appears to be a process where some thought has been given to youth and experience.

Gronk

Staff member
Has Corey Norman really been that bad ? IIRC he was in the top 5 for try assists. Is it his defence that they are questioning ?

84 Baby

Referee
Nothing story. He isn't an Origin star, he isn't in their future plans and they are struggling, of course they'd drop him

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
think its more of a case of they dont want to develop him any further for someone else's benefit

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Heard a whisper that you guys are keen on Matt Prior. Played well last night.

Is that a hunch? Or do you have some inside info?

I have been hoping the eels would have a look at him for a while. A bit underrated and can play a few spots. Hope it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.