What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A "rebuilding" process takes at least 3 to 4 years. Things are looking good; running an NRL business is very complex and sometimes a bit of luck plays a big part. We're building a solid foundation......try to look at the big picture, rather than just today's (disappointing) result.

Best post of the day. I also agree we are building towards a few good years.

While the results haven't gone our way, we have been in most games this year and I like how Arthur refuses to blame anyone but his players. Yes I am frustrated but Arthur needs some time - Penrith also went backwards in Clearys seconds year.

Foran / Scott and another quality back (which appears to be likely) will make a massive difference next year.

I also believe we will have a bunch of players just about to enter their prime (junior, semi, moeroa, peats, Edwards, manu, Norman, Hoppa, and maybe peni/Pauli - who all have only had a few years in the NRL)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Have we been rebuilding for 29 years? Thats a long plan. In what way are things looking good? Foran and Scott next year? Quality players but those two won't be enough to dig us out of our hole.

Yes bloody frustrating !!!! But we really need to black out pre Arthur years and just give him some time. Foran will provide some really quality to our halves along with Scott to our defence but they also being real leadership to our side.

Pou used the example something like this a while back, go to the gym by yourself you do what you want, but bring somewhere else stronger and you try extra hard to complete with them. Scott and Foran will lift the players around them - there isn't much between losing in the NRL. I also believe we will also sign another quality back. We could have easily won the last 3 games with some more quality touches.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...i-moimoi-could-be-pulped-20150516-gh2zwr.html

Book by former Parramatta Eels cult hero Fuifui Moimoi could be pulped

Date
May 16, 2015 - 10:00PM

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

Fuifui Moimoi faces the prospect of having his biography pulped before it even hits book stores after Parramatta indicated they could take legal action against their former player.

Moimoi, now playing with Leigh Centurions in England's second-tier competition, is poised to release his new book Fui Speaks. Excerpts of the manuscript, which were published in these pages last week, have incensed Eels officials and their lawyers are likely to be called in. The sore point is a chapter titled "Betrayal", in which the cult hero claimed Parramatta coach Brad Arthur denied him time off during the 2014 pre-season to spend time with his family in Tonga. However, the club contends "Fui" was given an additional three weeks of annual leave.

The book, written by Matt Logue, with a foreword by Ray Warren, was set to hit the shelves by the end of the month. However, the Eels are seriously considering placing an injunction on its release.

"I would certainly suggest the club will look at anything that is spoken about our employee or our club as a whole to ensure it is factually correct," Eels chief executive Scott Seward said

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Sandow plays we win 13+
Except for all the defensive lapses and goalline defence that would have cost us 13+ as well....

Kelly plugged the line well, wasn't a target, and manged to prevent a few tries. He doesn't have Sandow's attacking flair, but neither does Sandow most weeks either.

jk13

First Grade
Sad times, I'll struggle to watch anymore games this year, just breaks my heart too much. Starting to feel like the early 90s again and I'd thought we'd never see that again

Noise

Coach
Yes bloody frustrating !!!! But we really need to black out pre Arthur years and just give him some time. Foran will provide some really quality to our halves along with Scott to our defence but they also being real leadership to our side.

Pou used the example something like this a while back, go to the gym by yourself you do what you want, but bring somewhere else stronger and you try extra hard to complete with them. Scott and Foran will lift the players around them - there isn't much between losing in the NRL. I also believe we will also sign another quality back. We could have easily won the last 3 games with some more quality touches.

Not sure about the gym analogy. We bought in Watmough and Wicks and have gone backwards.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not sure about the gym analogy. We bought in Watmough and Wicks and have gone backwards.

Wicks was never a rep player, and I reckon our defence is now better the last year - last year we would pretty much concede tries on our try line but this year we can actually defend a few sets ( is this the Watmough factor?)? Two more rep players are coming next year

Noise

Coach
Wicks was never a rep player, and I reckon our defence is now better the last year - last year we would pretty much concede tries on our try line but this year we can actually defend a few sets ( is this the Watmough factor?)? Two more rep players are coming next year

Mate I don't know what you are watching but our defense is worse this year. It doesn't matter where tries are scored from. Last year we averaged about 24 points against us. This year we are averaging 27 points per game against. Is this the Watmough factor?

Mate I don't know what you are watching but our defense is worse this year. It doesn't matter where tries are scored from. Last year we averaged about 24 points against us. This year we are averaging 27 points per game against. Is this the Watmough factor?

How do you figure that? We've played 10 games, and conceded 244 points. Looks pretty similar to last year to me. Or have you adjusted for missed penalty goals?:)

Noise

Coach
How do you figure that? We've played 10 games, and conceded 244 points. Looks pretty similar to last year to me. Or have you adjusted for missed penalty goals?:)

Yep my bad I thought it was 9 games. Either way Joshy is wrong by saying our defense has improved. Our defense hasn't improved it has got slightly worse. (24.16 points last year to 24.4 points this year.) Watmough factor?

Yep my bad I thought it was 9 games. Either way Joshy is wrong by saying our defense has improved. Our defense hasn't improved it has got slightly worse. (24.16 points last year to 24.4 points this year.) Watmough factor?

Yeh, that's fair, it hasn't got any better.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How about sorting out a fullback first f**kknuckle?
:lol: look at me Seward at it again,but just loves being in the media but offering very little.

Fui put in over 10 years at the club as should be allowed to write what he wants. It may make him look like petulant sook but he has earnt the right.

:lol: look at me Seward at it again,but just loves being in the media but offering very little.

Fui put in over 10 years at the club as should be allowed to write what he wants. It may make him look like petulant sook but he has earnt the right.

Really? So if somebody who worked for / with you for 10 years and was a really good employee / co-worker, they should be able to publish a book in which they make (apparently) untrue and derogatory claims about you? You can sue them for defamation all you like, but that doesn't eliminate the damage.

Certainly an interesting way of viewing the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts