What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
I have been singing his praises all year (although well aware that he still has a ways to go). Injury has disrupted his season but when on the field he has played big minutes and not shirked his workload all the whilst playing with intent and aggression.

Would love to see the club lock him up but as always it needs to be considered against both what the club believes it desperately needs to give itself a competitive roster and what other clubs are going to throw at Pauli. If the Tigers/Warriors/Raiders or any other fringe Top 8 roster think he is the missing piece and are willing to pay him $400-500k at him where do we draw the line?

He definitely ignited the team yesterday though. Came on and even if our only option was a short ball to him down the left he would produce a 15m gain and give our set some impetus.

Completely agree.

Even last year there were moments in games when our forwards lacked impact but he provided it.

He offers size and raw power. He is a must keep as he is so different from anyone else in our squad.

A work in progress and a must-retain player.

He was also one of the reasons given for paying overs to the superannuated geezers so would be a shame if they forced him out.

Sick of pou's dribble about his defensive deficiencies when we have blokes like Morgan takarangi watmougn and mau who forever miss key tackles anyway.

TheRam

Coach
And these.

tess_munster_14.jpg

a3a36bec42e23a81cc4ad4df1e6ddf64.jpg

tess_munster_13.jpg

TheRam

Coach
We are chasing Luke Walsh.

If true, how is that better then Sandow?

In all seriousness though Casper, the club may think that Pauli Pauli isn't going to be 'hard' enough to play NRL week to week and that he wont cope against "Real Deal forwards" and so decide not to re-sign him.
This place would meltdown if that occurred similarly to how it did when Kelepi was let go to the Cowboys - Kelepi who?

Did you watch his performance yesterday? He was one of the few positives in our team.

I can but Pauli Pauli remains a 'potential' future star only at this stage.
if we release him and he doesnt become a star are BA and co brilliant?

No.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just heard some interesting news from an eels official. A former eels player isn't happy and is making some enquiries about a return.

No prizes for guessing which player it is thou.
Will be great having Morts back to replace Sandow.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Just heard some interesting news from an eels official. A former eels player isn't happy and is making some enquiries about a return.

I've also heard the same but the staff gave me a name. It's Etu Uaisele. He's had enough of retirement and after spending a year in the Penrith squad he's decided he wants to return home.

TheRam

Coach
Kelly a chance to return
Albert Kelly could make a shock return to the NRL next season.
The former Cronulla and Gold Coast halfback has been a revelation for Hull KR this season, forming a formidable scrum-base partnership with former Canberra pivot Terry Campese. Kelly has been one of the top performers in the Super League, scoring a raft of long-range tries.
Despite the denials of Robins coach Chris Chester, we can reveal Kelly has a get-out clause in his three-year contract should he get an offer to return to the NRL. The 24-year-old, the cousin of Souths captain Greg Inglis, has until the end of the month to activate it. The news could pique the interest of several clubs in need of a playmaker for 2015, such as Manly.
"I haven't really thought about the clause too much to be honest," Kelly told Sin Bin.
"I know it's there, but I'm just letting my manager deal with that while I focus on playing consistent, quality football here at Hull."
Kelly's management team of Warrick Wright and Jai Takua issued the following statement: "We have until the end of the month to activate Albert's clause. At the moment we are ensuring Alby is in a good place, which he is at Hull. But obviously as other opportunities come through, we consider them one at a time."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...fuifui-moimoi-could-be-pulped-20150516-gh2zwr

We should be looking at Kelly, if we are going to get rid of Sandow. But we won't, he would be to good a signing. We don't do those sorts of things.

Kelly a chance to return
Albert Kelly could make a shock return to the NRL next season.
The former Cronulla and Gold Coast halfback has been a revelation for Hull KR this season, forming a formidable scrum-base partnership with former Canberra pivot Terry Campese. Kelly has been one of the top performers in the Super League, scoring a raft of long-range tries.
Despite the denials of Robins coach Chris Chester, we can reveal Kelly has a get-out clause in his three-year contract should he get an offer to return to the NRL. The 24-year-old, the cousin of Souths captain Greg Inglis, has until the end of the month to activate it. The news could pique the interest of several clubs in need of a playmaker for 2015, such as Manly.
"I haven't really thought about the clause too much to be honest," Kelly told Sin Bin.
"I know it's there, but I'm just letting my manager deal with that while I focus on playing consistent, quality football here at Hull."
Kelly's management team of Warrick Wright and Jai Takua issued the following statement: "We have until the end of the month to activate Albert's clause. At the moment we are ensuring Alby is in a good place, which he is at Hull. But obviously as other opportunities come through, we consider them one at a time."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...fuifui-moimoi-could-be-pulped-20150516-gh2zwr

We should be looking at Kelly, if we are going to get rid of Sandow. But we won't, he would be to good a signing. We don't do those sorts of things.

You're right. Scott and Foran are absolute duds.

Gronk

Staff member

Seems odd that he says he is not happy, Early days for him.

#bullcrap

Sportal ‏@SportalAU 14m14 minutes ago
It seems like Jarryd Hayne is ticking all the right boxes. He's got some very high praise... http://bit.ly/1JmU3nX

Chipmunk

Coach
I've also heard the same but the staff gave me a name. It's Etu Uaisele. He's had enough of retirement and after spending a year in the Penrith squad he's decided he wants to return home.

He's no better than any player we've got at Wentworthville. To be honest I'd include the Ron Massey Cup players in that too.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Today's performance was actually pretty good if you look at the last 5 1/2 seasons. But it's simply not good enough if you have genuine aspirations to be a Top 8 team.

This club has "rebuit" 3 times in that time. Why is this time going to be any different?

Because of stability in place now from top down - something we've not had for a very long time. Be patient you dickhead and enjoy the gradual ascension of our club to the top of the tree. By end end of next season you will witness this, that's unless too many f**king pricks continue trying to destabilise our club.

We as fans, members, staff, players, etc, are meant to stick together now through thick and thin and f**k off everything/everyone else not committed to our group goal. We are in very good hands now, should I say very good hearts now. Lets fully support BS, SS, SS, DA and all other Parra merkins getting paid "stress $$$$" to get our club back into the top 8 and into many Grand Finals well before 2025.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Well we are now last and favourites for the spoon.
9/10 games the other team has scored first. Surely that is some sort of record.

Im worried that that straw that broke the camels backs was yesterday. I reckon we could see some trouncings now. The 30-0, 40-0 and even a few 50s.
We really need to hold it together till rnd 13 and Foran over the line. I reckon a few 40-0 beltings and he will have second thoughts.Especially if manly string 3-4 games together.
With the panthers coming up this could get ugly.

I thought the opposite.

Yesterday was the confidence builder they needed. They realized they can trust their defence, and if they dont force the issue, and are patient, points will come.

We only lost because Semi was lackadasical in getting the ball down, and because the refs missed a blatant 3 on 1 strip. 2nd half we completed most sets, and it was really only Semi having a shocker that hurt us.

I expect a much more confident start next week, and some positive results over the coming weeks.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I thought the opposite.

Yesterday was the confidence builder they needed. They realized they can trust their defence, and if they dont force the issue, and are patient, points will come.

We only lost because Semi was lackadasical in getting the ball down, and because the refs missed a blatant 3 on 1 strip. 2nd half we completed most sets, and it was really only Semi having a shocker that hurt us.

I expect a much more confident start next week, and some positive results over the coming weeks.

Well said

oldmancraigy

Coach
I wish we had won, could have kept dreaming of top 8, but we clearly got screwed on that strip call. It defined the game. They should have let old mate run off and score, video ref would have given us the penalty right in front.

Kelly would have missed it tho....

I never said they were absolute duds, but if that's what you think, then you're an absolute idiot.

Thanks for those photos Ram. I left them on the screen in my laptop. The housemaid came in to clean the room (I'm in a hotel).....I'm sure she saw them and was struggling to avoid laughing at me.

TheRam

Coach
You're right. Scott and Foran are absolute duds.

I thought the opposite.

You keep telling yourself that. I'll stick with reality and say that we were woeful in areas that matter once again. We couldn't even beat a Warriors team running on empty and no matter how bad a team is travelling, they know that if they just hang in there long enough, the odds are that they will come back and win.

We suck! That is the reality. Oh and just in case you want to have a go at me, look at the ladder first before you make an arse of yourself again.

We are last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts